User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes my hubby has 118 kids on his bus between morning run and afternoon 60 morning ,58 in afternoon -I am gifting a box and taking another box when we visit family plus if son or daughter want a box that's fine also ,already opened the dairy box of chocolates and hubby and I ate one top portion -lol
    -cant wait to see daughter this afternoon she will get here around 2.00 p.m then Sebastian comes on the 25 in the morning cant wait to see him also (he is at his other grandparents for 2 days with his dad)then daughter and Sebastian will stay with us for 3 days til the 28
    -may bake a few more cookies to take to my nieces potluck on dec 24 and of course laundry -almost finished wrapping a few more

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I only had one Daycare girl yesterday. Her parents didn’t work yesterday, but dropped her off so they could get some stuff done. The mom texted me asking about a gift. She brought me a small bottle of vodka and a nice box of chocolates when she picked up her daughter at the end of the day.

I did most most of the packing yesterday and baked 2.5 dozen banana oatmeal cranberry cookies late in the evening. I have literally ran out of flour. I also ran out of time, so I was unable to bake the few other requested treats. I packed 2 icecream buckets full of desserts with us. I left a large tin full in our freezer, for when we return. It has yet to be seen if my brother’s and sister’s families will be visiting us when we get back. Some of them don’t know when they will be in town.

I made sure all the dishes were washed and the laundry was all caught up before we left for the weekend. Dh took our the garbage, etc.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 23rd, 2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier afternoon everyone!!!! Father and I did the Christmas food shopping this morning.The people in grocery and public harvest(marche public) are terrible.Spend 50$ and used 17$ in coupons.We have meat pie(tourtiere),meatball with sauce(ragout de boulettes) ,.some cheese,some salmon ,some fruits cake and sucre a la creme for the december 25 supper since my father work the december 24.Might try to bake this week my ham and cheese bit.Wishing everyone a great afternoon,evening and night.Freezing rain and snow are announced for QC.Grocery stores are closed the 25 and close at 5pm the 24 december.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just baked 2 more batches of cookies -whipped shortbread and chocolate chip cookies ,gonna take a big tin to my nieces house on xmas eve ,also watching 2 loads while hubby is sleeping in

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yesterday I got a half day off work so I wandered home hardware looking for a tree bag (on sale) but had to order it. All the Christmas decorations are on sale 50% off there this week and there's a beautiful mini train display on a cake stand platter with a glass lid. I couldn't stop myself and I bought it for my mom for next Christmas.

Today I got a massage...the second one since our accident years ago And have found out that a lot my pain in the area of that fracture is likely caused by fascia adhesions. But it sounds like they can be worked on with massage and stretching. (Both things ice kinda avoided because I hurt!) I'm going to look into it a bit more and get a massage prescription. Bonus today though was she charged me 50 less than I had thought it was!

We did our Christmas with the boys Monday because they are with their mom for the holidays and went to her parents.sadly on the way down yesterday her car was broke into and stolen out of. We haven't been told so far what was lost but I'm sad for her and for them.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    All Christmas shopping is done, unfortunately I missed Purolator and now need to arrange a drive as it's not accessible by bus. Noticed some small price increases and went over my budget.

Has anyone been able to stay within their Christmas budget this year?
    I blew ours twice over I'm sure because I went a bit overboard on stockings and bf usually does his mom's and the boys moms gift but I did this year. Also their mom used to have a fit if we took them shopping for them to get something from them to him or me ...She would do it. and this year she didn't do it so we did and no fit was had (good thing) so the addition of 2 gifts wasn't budgeted for. I also need to add in a couple work gifts to the budget. I think I also got a tad excited on a few deals which weren't needed and didn't account for shipping from here to people

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Dec 23rd, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -so glad you are exploring what to do to help your connective tissue heal. Look for Robert Schleip books at your library (search for fascia or fascial in the catalogue-I've yet to come across a book specific for healing from injuries as most exercises assume reader is able to do a variety of exercises) or find clips of him on Youtube as he is researching fascia and following other researchers in learning how to help connective tissue heal. You also might enjoy watching a physiotherapist work German soccer players in clinic when they have to stretch out their fascia due to injuries (I have to find the link for you later-such fast stretching).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUj0XE0O6Fk&nohtml5=1

Frank Lipman's book Spent has a shoulder exercise too. It might be online: https://www.bewell.com/blog/a-video-...-nancy-parker/

It's also helpful that you have a new mattress too. Mom just got her new set in and said she felt better in two ways-she wishes she got the set much earlier!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Thanks for mentioning the earlier closing hours of stores on Dec.24 -since in Ontario Sunday shopping usually ends at 5pm but be sure that stores are not closing earlier. I have seen notices posted on some websites with different (earlier closing) hours. Also verify mall websites for Sunday hours (and maybe Boxing Day hours if you have the energy to be with crowds). The latest that grocery stores close on Sunday is 6pm since a statutory holiday follows the next day.
    @Coupon_girl -all that chocolate sounds like a reason to have a New Year's Eve buffet/sweet bar at your place! What a fun dilemma to have. Glad you have prospective recipients to share the treats with.

Did not get my local paper with flyers on Thursday, so I was glad I got a copy of the paper from the municipal centre. Yesterday I went to three stores for their grocery flyers. I never did find a second McCafe sticker and thus I did not have a hot chocolate yesterday. Noticed one shopper was keen on the 95 cent Pepsi 2L special-there were 12-15 bottles in his cart!

I have been eating stuffed green olives with abandon these past two weeks. The texture and saltiness are suited for snacking plus use on cooked pasta to give it more zing. Have noticed that my skin seems even more itchy due to the windchill and possibly due to not rinsing my knit hat enough during laundry recently so I was scratching my forehead a lot.

Spotted pull apart roll recipes in the December issue of Canadian Living-one version uses a savoury spread and the other uses Nutella. What a cool baking idea that could be used for entertaining or just making a meal more fun (or heck, for an open house or special occasion)!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Having gotten stuck in the snow 4 times in three days I had to agree with my DH that we needed snow tires-so that will be our xmas present to each other! He got them installed yesterday. DD and I got the grocery shopping done yesterday-although we did not need too much as we are invited out Dec 25 and 26-then expecting various groups of visitors and arriving wedding company after that so will shop more as everyone's plans firm up. Seasons greetings to all and may 2018 be a healthy and frugal New Year to you and yours.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -you can use the vodka to make pure vanilla extract! That is when you are ready to consider looking at baking supplies again much later. https://www.marthastewart.com/113796...anilla-extract

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wet snow that clumps-today, Mother Nature has sprinkled "icing" over the ground and trees and things, so everything has a white coat. Last night, a little freezing rain made the rounds-the trees are glistening under the snow. Still, go out and give everything a shake with your gloves or shovel--snow is heavy for branches too!

At least the sun has been visible for most of the day. Be careful when walking around your shopping areas or sidewalks-some drivers are not clearing all the snow from their car roofs and windows, nor looking for walkers!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I use vodka fo r making extract. bvery big bottle of vodka ( with co 51 rebate of 5.00 ) made 4 bottles ( recycled maple syrup ones with the rubber stopper from presidents choice ) I added 2 long beans per... then when I refill I add 1 more long bean at a time. ... dark place for 3 months... volia.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I rarely drink, but when I have my one drink it is vodka. I’m only allowed one because of the blood thinner that I have been taking for the last 10yrs. I never loved to drink, so I don’t really miss it. Dh enjoys vodka too, so it will get used eventually. I already put it in the freezer.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

merry xmas - to everyone -have a wonderfull day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Merry Christmas to all of you!!! I love to read yours posts and hope everyone will have a good Christmas with loved ones,some good food ,some laughs,and be safe on the roads!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information