User Tag List

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Still out of town for work until tomorrow. The weather is quite nasty but apparently worse at home. Here we do not seem to have winds but the rain is horrible, all the streets are flooding, it was a horrible drive back after work.

I wanted to order dinner last night since I had a bunch of stuff to work on. I have become kind of crafty when it comes to my meals and knowing places I can order from where one meal is large enough to cover a second meal. With that being said I was also running of lunch options at the branch (I walked in 2 grocery bags of food to cover my breakfasts and lunches for the week). Normally I order East Mario but that only covers 2 meals and I wanted something to cover more so I did some online research and found Boston Pizza has bundles you can order, I got:

1 Medium 3 topping pizza which I ate for dinner last night, had for lunch today plus still have 2 slices for tomorrow
    1 Pasta, I got 7 cheese ravioli which is tonight dinner, it came with garlic toast but I ate that last night as I knew it wouldn't save well
    1 Cesar Salad which I am having tonight for dinner as well but it is so large I will only eat about 1/4 to 1/2 and will take the rest to work tomorrow.

I have to say for just over $30 I am impressed this has covered 4 meals so really it worked out to about $7 to $8 per meal.

As well I will now be out of town next weekend as well. We have an event at one of our locations which I will be attending but have now been invited to the pre event BBQ at the branch manager's house. So we will head out Friday go to the BBQ spend the night and then help out in the branch on Saturday.

Now I just have to plan mother's day and tell bro since I planned he pays, he won't object it seems to be our unspoken rule.

Well better get packed out as I will head out as soon as we close tomorrow for the drive home. I have enjoyed my week away but happy to be heading home, although I will miss the little ones. We feel into quite the nightly routine, I would get home cuddle the baby fed him, have dinner then take the older one up get her ready bed (pjs, brush teeth) and then we would cuddle and read stories until the baby was asleep and her mom was ready to put her to bed. I enjoyed it, they are such cuties. Good news is I will see them next weekend as they are coming to the event as well and their little girl doesn't know it yet that at the BBQ she will get to go horse back riding as our manager owns horses.

Have a great night everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, May 4th, 2018 at 07:11 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    https://www.chapmans45years.ca/en/45thAnniversary/Home
    1$ off 2l ice cream coupon gogogo!
    Thanks!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I reposted in the samples sections 2 samples I saw in the blog if you are interested,A beauty mask and a cream
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since I start in french couponning I will got a roak of coupons I want.I am super grateful and pleased.That will help me because i dont find a lot of coupons in store.Good night everyone !!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good earlier morning!!!! Yesterday was a crappy rainy evening and we lost the power because of the strong winds,Today should be a beautiful day!!!!!
    lizzie bargain and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning off to Toronto for the day to babysit Sebastian then we are doing a fun thing my daughter and her hubby and Sebastian with my hubby and I are going to the aquarium,cant wait to see it thru a 20 month olds eyes

last night my sons power went out and it was gonna be out til today at noon ,so he came with some perishables for my fridge and to get a thermos of hot water for baby cara bottles

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Fun start to the morning, yesterday weather has cause issues in all of our branches. Main branch went down had to wait for servers to be re started, 1 branch has no power, 2 had no internet (1 is back up, 1 not so much). So now 2 hours in 3 our of 5 branches are up and running, 1 remains with no power and 1 has no internet.

Hoping the drive home won't be too bad just worried as to what I might run into the closer to home I get as they were hit much harder then us up in the Great North. Here we just had strong rains which caused the streets to flood but the winds never really happened. Just hoping the main roads are good for the drive home.

Well just a few more hours and I will be on my way back home. I am really in the mood to clean, hope this mood stays with me but not going to lie more than likely it will pass on the drive home and I will want to do nothing once I get home.

Have a great day everyone and hope everyone who got hit by the storms are safe and do not have too much damage to clean up
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just booked the brunch Mom wants to go to for Mother's Day, let's see what bro has to say............................

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished making a trade with a girl in same city as me for peelies I really wanted on Facebook french couponning groups!!! Great start to the day!!! The day look promising I have 3 trades pending

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Now I will do my coupons book to class my coupons !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've fallen off the no caffeine commitment. Yesterday, it was during grasscutting (those winds were something but they helped to keep the sunshine tolerable in mid-afternoon) and I was THIRSTY (cue long drinks of Dr. Pepper that someone else had in the house) . Then today, I found out the Girl Guides had Chocolate Mint (falltime usually) cookies (I did not have money last month for cookies during their first appearance) and a fast $5 sale occurred. That box of cookies is almost empty as it was my lunch.

Ancaster had some light rain but it was the wind that owned Friday. I saw three uprooted trees (2 were willows) on my walk to the library today. By some miracle, a tall tree between two small heritage buildings near the municipal centre fell right into the empty space between them. Will see if any structural damage occurred. One property's willow tree dropped a large limb into a neighbouring fence and the top of the limb is against the neighbouring house's patio doors. That will be $XXXX damage.

After a couple of errands yesterday morning, I went to Longo's to get their new summer magazine issue (many BBQ recipes).
    GroceryGateway.com code for one online order is SunsOutBunsOut (case sensitive) will get you $20 off a min. $50 online order (excluding taxes and delivery)-valid until August 30, 2018. I did not cut all the grass this time-just the usual zones and I had to do some raking as too many spruce cones were dropping on the ground (and I managed to get some sap on the back of my neck so some hair got stuck). This morning after I put some laundry to dry, I resumed with branch piling and collecting. Did not want to spend my Saturday doing yardwork.

I saw the CH Morning Live headline yesterday about CF Lime Ridge expansion plans. Got the article online and no word of a residential component but there is of more buildings. Think the mall should get a 3-6 storey residential building added to the expansion-some people would love to be near transit and shopping but the nearest park (south of the bridge) is rather open and not very shady. Kind of surprised about the two-storey parking garage-please let it be like the York Parkade and not some monolith bunker.
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -you got your cuddle quotient satiated. Isn't it great that someone else has the kids and you can be there with them sometimes and all is good? Surprised about the flooding you encountered-must have been some jetstream full of water! Spot-on about planning ahead and having sibling do his part. My sibling only plans things for himself and otherwise relies on last-minute attempts when someone in the family is in question. He (my bro) needs a face-palm t-shirt for his birthday this month...hmm gift idea!
    @Sweets parrow -yay on the free pizza and glad your visit went well overall. My $7 lotto went to $6.85 of groceries at Food Basics (where I circled produce dept 2x before realizing sale cucumbers were to the left of the entrance).
    @Frugalbigmama -having a 3h chat/visit with an adult friend is something that is becoming harder to have in a given year due to friends having significant others or kids in their lives (and we don't all get along). Glad you treasured your connection with your friend.
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar what new car stories do you have to tell? Have you done any road trips recently? How is the chicken coop faring?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well I am home, got home just after 3.

Maybe it is just me but one thing I always look forward to when I get back from travelling is a nice shower in my own shower. When I got home I took a shower. I thought about doing laundry but realized probably not my best idea, so that is for tomorrow. I did do the dishes so I do not have to do those tomorrow.

Mom picked up Fish and Chips on her way home.

Hoping I wake up with some ambition tomorrow to get a few things done around the house but we will have to see tomorrow.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information