User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I received my package at 2:40pm not between the 3-5pm time slot I asked for.

My mom bought me lunch and then proceeded to tell me how much money she needs for her deck after she found an expensive contractor. I asked her what was she expecting people for peanuts? She is a person who finds the most expensive things but never wants to pay for them unless they can cut her a deal. She used to pay my friends below minimum wage to help her with her plants that she bought and paid for that have never produced anything but headaches. She paid a plumber and got a new toilet with all the bells and whistles in August.

When I was younger if I wanted nice things I would have to pay for it myself. She has never learned this I think or doesn’t practice it. She also told me today that I spend too much time on this forum in the way of using coupons/freebies and get a life. I told her that I didn’t ask for her opinion nor am I going to accept it. I told her I don’t tell her how to run her life or who to hang out with or how to spend her money. I may advise or give suggestions but she ultimately decides for herself.

Like I said earlier that I was tired, I am laying in bed writing this then I am going to go to sleep for a bit. So I can stay awake for a little longer afterwards.

Laters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today the roast beef and carrots are in the slow cooker. I forgot to take the roast out Monday night. Last night I cleaned out the fridge and cooked up the stuffed pasta. I put fries in the oven. I fried up 4 eggs for breakfast sandwiches. The oldest asked for grilled cheese so I pulled 4 slices of bread from freezer and made him 2. He put fries, pasta and an egg on his plate too and was happy with his dinner lol. He is looking forward to roast beef tonight
    I have a bunch of peppers that need using up so tacos for sure need to be made. And a batch of chili! And a lasagna! I see ground beef is on for $2.99 at Loblaws so I will PM at RCSS if I don't find a better deal. I have beef points saved so at least I will get some points too.
    Giant Tiger has some good sales this week. Spinach dip for sure so I can clean carrots from the 10lb bag I bought and kids can eat them! love the deal but it sure takes up lots of room.
    Put laundry away last night and did another load. Hung up my stuff to dry in my closet but have to put away the stuff in dryer tonight.
    Left the house with the kitchen clean and crockpot cooking so it is a good day so far!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 3rd, 2018 at 09:49 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night at Sobeys I spent $95.19oop, saved $11.65 for 10% off Tuesday discount, $12.99 in coupons, $31.25 in Discounts & Specials, 32% savings.

The snow is really coming down this morning. Everything is already white outside and they are forecasting another 3cm before noon today. I’m trying to get my van scheduled in for a tire change over. Dh’s truck is scheduled to have the new winter tires installed on Friday.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i ended up making spagetti for supper last night. tonight is a cassarole dish using up some spagetti. . I will freeze the rest.
    i am getting my 1/4 cow tomoorrow. i need to make sure there is room today....lol. its going to be close.

i am doing paperwork stuff for the budget ect. . i am sure it will work out. i need to get a bit tighter with a few things . but that is easy , there is a tad bit of fluff in our current budget.
    only big thing this month is a snow blower . after that i am slamming the LOC. it needs some love.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Last night at Sobeys I spent $95.19oop, saved $11.65 for 10% off Tuesday discount, $12.99 in coupons, $31.25 in Discounts & Specials, 32% savings.

The snow is really coming down this morning. Everything is already white outside and they are forecasting another 3cm before noon today. I’m trying to get my van scheduled in for a tire change over. Dh’s truck is scheduled to have the new winter tires installed on Friday.
    Snow. Wow! I need to make the appointment to get my winter tires put on, thanks for the push. Will arrange it for the 1st week of November.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Snow. Wow! I need to make the appointment to get my winter tires put on, thanks for the push. Will arrange it for the 1st week of November.
    Yeah, this amount of snow is surprisingly early...even if it goes away.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There is no snow where I am though everyone in the interior got slammed with a snow storm on the weekend I was watching the news. I am looking up places elsewhere to buying rolling papers and pricing things out so far cheapest I have found is on Amazon. It’s like a freezer outside though some guy nickname is mumbles he’s a street character bothered me when I was sitting outside. He was talking about everyone around him that were kleptomaniacs I wondered when he was going to include himself. He goes into a friends suite and steals everything from them and puts it in his bag. They don’t want him to come in I get it, I wouldn’t either. I know a lot of street characters in town before I ever moved in here now the vast majority live in my building. Lucky me right?

I am in someone’s room and they fell asleep on me I am writing this sitting on their couch. Not very interesting to say the least.

I have to pick up my meds today and some toilet paper. Laters for now.

Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s supper is home made nacho meat sauce, corn chips with melted cheese on top, sour cream, etc. Optional cherry tomatoes from the garden. The onions and tomato sauce are from my garden.

Tonight I am supposed to join a friend. They have a group get together every two weeks. I haven’t been out socially in a month.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    @Ciel - the good witch has Catherine bell the woman who played on JAG the character “Mac” and then was in Army Wives a season or two.

While I may have seen an episode or two of JAG, I do remember some of the articles Catherine Bell was featured in and I believe she had a breast cancer situation too in real life.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -wish you could do a two or three day visit to Ontario this week though rain tomorrow am and also on Sat/Sun-temperatures will be balmy!

Speaking of cherry tomatoes-how I wished I had attempted a rice pilaf dish with them when I had that second batch of tomatoes picked (I was the only one essentially eating the roasted tomatoes and did not eat them all before they turned). I needed one cup of cherry tomatoes-kitchen basket had three wrinkly ones left. Off to the garden to see if the left behind tomatoes were ok-found enough orange and some red ones to make the cup! #MacGyverRep Pilaf was ok but the salt and pepper for the pilaf did not make up for the no-salt cooking water for rice and the pasta. I'd definitely want to use a no-salt Mrs Dash spice blend next time or cook the long grain rice in some broth for flavour.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

From FFW October 15 issue:

Break free from energy vampires (4 kinds):
    1) to dodge a downer. Try "gray rocking." Just become like a gray rock the next time someone is always complaining about everything. Once the person starts saying what's wrong, switch off your usual dynamism and be as dull and uninteresting as possible. When you stop putting in more energy than you're getting back, you communicate your limits and avoid leaving these interactions feeling drained. (Ciel note-there are some people you will have to tell off about this habit and decide they are not going to be part of your life if they won't accept the news.)

2) to escape a hater. Issue a hard "no."You know who to call when you need to be taken down a few notches. (There are many reason we keep people in our lives who tear us down or are competitive with us in a negative way.) The next time someone's behaviour compromises your dignity, garner your courage and say, "It's not okay to talk to me that way. I'll give you a chance to change this behaviour, but failing that, I'm going to have to some separating from you for my well-being." Pay attention to how you talk to yourself too (watch the negative self-talk).

3) To bypass a trust break-stick to the surface. A friend of yours always promises to help and never comes through and bailing on plans yet you keeping giving him/her chances. Though it's tempting to appeal to this person and describe how they've hurt you, a better response is best not to open up to that person nor share intimate details. So stick to non-vulnerable topics (books, the weather, etc.).

4) To stand up to a taker-state your needs this way: Your neighbour only appears when she wants something: favours, advice, money, time. What to say when she 's got her hand out? First, state a preferred future (i.e. I want to feel like our relationship has equal give-and-take.). Then express what you need and invite her to problem-solve (i.e. I don't want to be put in this position anymore. What can we do to make our interactions more balanced?). You cannot control her response, but you can walk away with your heart still open, knowing you have your own back.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I thought Pilaf was usually cooked in broth though? At least that is how I remember it from culinary college.

I didn’t get toilet paper I went to big box and picked up 3 box assortment of Kellogg’s cereal for $8.09, 6x mr noodles for 0.20 each= 1.20$, 2x boxes of Swiss hot chocolate for 1.20 each =$2.40, and a bag of fun sorts by waterbridge for $2.50 = 14.60$ after taxes.

I forgot to take my shopping cart with me to pick up toilet paper. I will pick some up Friday maybe that’s when gst comes in here. I looked at the local flyers there is nothing I want in them at all no deals nothing...what a joke.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spotted mention of Ibex flannel sheet ($12.99 72x90) in the Len's Mill flyer. Will tell Mom that she can pitch the old ones soon!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone!

I'm being frugal with no shopping at all.

Naw, I shouldn't joke.
    Some of you know of my serious health problems, lately especially with a low heartrate.
    Well I had a fall Saturday, went to the ER Sunday morning. Caused quite a flurry there by how low my pulse was. A temporary pacemaker was put in that evening, with the real one put in Monday morning.

It's working fine! So nice to say I have a 💓 of 77 instead of like 32 ( or much lower when I was in the we).

I'm hoping to go home tomorrow. I have a lot of healing yet to do, because the pacemaker doesn't cure the problem, it keeps the heart beating at a decent rate.
    Cardiologist says I have done very well, so now I head on this journey...

I tend to post more about this in Chat in the tea room, because I don't want to take away from the purpose of this thread.

Thanks, everyone, for your concern and good wishes!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Natalka hope you feel better
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information