User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice to hear from you nat -one day at a time

hubby took me to the doctor's as I was weak to drive well he waited 1 and 30 minutes ,then another 20 minutes for prescription
    doctor gave me meds but said to call Friday before noon and if I don't have strep to stop the meds but she was pretty sure ,as I had a fever and my heartrate was up

anyway off to rest

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Don’t forget to save your PCO offers. I always forget and since I still have not been to the grocery store since we returned I have a lot of great offers to save. @coupongirl strep sucks I get it whenever I come in contact with a sick kid. I find the meds make a quick difference. @Natalka I am glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like it has been a few scary months for you
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got an email stating my sample source box has shipped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -well feeling better after having 5 pills already (but I will still finish the meds )

just did more xmas shopping online at indigo got Sebastian's fold n go animal barn used 10.00 in plum points (gee love all the point s programs when they help save you money )plus a few animal figurines

gee first time I got a joe fresh offer 1,000 for every 5.00 spent -I may look in the store as I don't need to spend 50.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been an emotional roller coaster over the last day. More potential teaching contracts that I didn’t even get interviewed for. It looks like another, unrelated, dream that Dh and I had won’t be coming true any time soon either.

I’ll have a full house tomorrow because it is a no school day. I have some special crafts planned for the kids. I also have a Chapman’s activity book for each child. The older kids are welcome to take theirs home. The younger kids can keep their books here and work on them another day.

We are all going out to a fairly expensive sushi place tomorrow night for supper. This is where a friend and his wife have planned to celebrate his birthday this year. They will have a birthday cake there.

Dh and I have booked a babysitter for Saturday night. It’s $15/person cover charge to attend the bar and grill’s customer appreciation event. This includes a taco bar and live entertainment for the evening. I won a $10 gift card that I can use towards any drinks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 11th, 2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

since I was feeling better -I felt like a treat I moved my hot foods offer over to this week so hubby and I ate at fortinos he had wings/fry combo and I had soup/half a sandwich deal came to 19.00 and I got 3,200 points but love their hot foods so yummy

grabbed a few new cpns on the way out nice to see .50 rice krispie cereal cpn as I buy that all the time
    having my tea and relaxing may get back to my snowy xmas puzzle 1,000 piece

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On and off busy week-have been getting some fall stuff done this week, so I can take next week easy. Still have door hinges and knobs to oil but I have cleaned and vacuumed the fridge and pantry already (hurrah).
    Managed to find a few coins this week and a penny (4 pennies away from full roll) along with metal containers and a few glass ones for deposit money!
    I've spent a couple early mornings running laundry loads when I've woken up and cannot go back to sleep due to Dad.
    Not a frugal week-learned that lesson in buying a bubble mailer and paying shipping to return the online jacket purchase (great style but it did not fit Mom), which cost nearly the same sum as the $ discount I got on my purchase.
    Have been in and out of stores getting groceries. Feeling rundown. Will be in Google class tomorrow!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I got an email stating my sample source box has shipped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got email yesterday saying my samples were shipped too ..cant wait see if i got all my samples ..last time i was missing 3 or 4 samples ..hopefully this package i gets them all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. yesterday was rough.. but managable. went and helped my mom pick out thier grave stone ... my moms info will be added at a later time.

my early morning girl is off sick today. so .. i have a extra45 min kid free right now... i have managed t plan most of my day.
    i am working on a few frugal things that will save money in the long run. .. every little bit helps.
    heat is on, and it looks like it will be staying that way.. i am ok with that.

tomorrow , i am taking my mom to costco .. she has a few returns .. items that were bought specificlly for my dad. it ay be hard for her to do that.
    after we are taking my youngest fo r a nose ring.
    supper will just be me and hubby. again... youngest works, and oldest has a party.

ok... frugal for the day.. ..
    use up fruit out of fruit bowl... , finish iff oatmeal cookies. .. put up insulated curtains for back window.
    make bread crumbs out of french bread. - freeze for later usage .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -ahhh giseleta that brings back memories my dear daughter had a stud put in the side of her nose many years ago maybe age 16-18 and got a tatoo at 18 -I remember when she worked at winners -upper management said it`s not in our image to show it (the tatoo),when she raised her arms on her lower back she has a flower -haha oh and I went with my dear mom and daughter to hospital to see my nefew`s baby girl back 19 years ago,my daughter was 17 and my nefew`s wife said when she saw the nose small stud ~oh my daughter will never have something like that ~ well guess what people it doesn't matter it is just a stag or they are expressing their personality -yes and the same woman who said my daughter wont have that -her daughter did awfull first year of university -skipping a lot of classes to be with her boyfriend at the time

feeling a lot better today -may go out and look at easy boy chairs today as hubby wants one and our pleather large chair I had bought from home depot maybe 8 years ago is peeling -note to self sometimes you only get what you pay for I think I paid 250.00 back then ,still we don't always have the money in life for top end stuff

ordered zebra coupons just now code ~fall2018~ and half of them are sold out already wow its only the second day since they posted about the code -I guess some people pay for the cpns -I never would but still appreciate the 29 cpns I am getting
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Oct 12th, 2018 at 08:11 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a success, I was able to find a dress for next week. I actually found a few winter dresses and there are 2 I could wear to this event next week.

I honestly cannot say how happy I am to have found these dresses. I have been having a ton of issues finding clothes I like and that fit lately, I found all my normal shopping spots, the styles and colours were not for me. One of Mom's co workers suggested a different shopping spot which turned out to be a goldmine when it came to styles and colours that work for me.

Now I need to clean out my closet.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Well the concert we were excited to go see last night was cancelled 4 hours before it was to start!!! My friend was ready to go so I said lets go anyway to eat (and they gave me $75 free slot play as a courtesy) We had to go to Costco anyway so it all worked out. Went with $0. Had dinner for free, grabbed $20 in free drinks for kids to take home and took home $362!!! And best part was the time with my bestie!! A fantastic night

The house didn't feel cool this morning but I'm sure I will be putting the heat on this weekend too. C'est la vie!

Another busy weekend but hey gotta have fun too! Hitting a show (Jazz Festival) tonight. DS has a hockey game tomorrow. Sunday- need to prep for the week. I need to make up some pasta and freeze as individual meals for the youngest DS. Plan to do that this weekend too. Will cook up some chicken for that for him. (make him chicken alfredo meals)

Have a safe and fun weekend everyone!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Enjoyed my visit to London and arrived in Prague last night. No coffee in the hotel room so went to the mall across the street-there was a Nespresso store selling machines and coffee pods and I asked if I could buy a cup-they said no but I could have a free sample-just what I needed. There is also a huge grocery store across the street so I can buy most of my food right there-once you can figure out what you are buying of course. Today I mastered getting around on the metro here and was out admiring the architecture-and the wonderful smell of ham cooking outside on an open fire. The weather is low 20's which is a nice change from when I left home. We may complain about Air Canada and Westjet but British Airways doesn't even give free drinks on these short haul flights in Europe.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Enjoyed my visit to London and arrived in Prague last night. No coffee in the hotel room so went to the mall across the street-there was a Nespresso store selling machines and coffee pods and I asked if I could buy a cup-they said no but I could have a free sample-just what I needed. There is also a huge grocery store across the street so I can buy most of my food right there-once you can figure out what you are buying of course. Today I mastered getting around on the metro here and was out admiring the architecture-and the wonderful smell of ham cooking outside on an open fire. The weather is low 20's which is a nice change from when I left home. We may complain about Air Canada and Westjet but British Airways doesn't even give free drinks on these short haul flights in Europe.
    I bet there is a street vendor in Prague roasting chestnuts somewhere! What a grand discovery--taking the metro around! Happy exploring
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a success, I was able to find a dress for next week. I actually found a few winter dresses and there are 2 I could wear to this event next week.

I honestly cannot say how happy I am to have found these dresses. I have been having a ton of issues finding clothes I like and that fit lately, I found all my normal shopping spots, the styles and colours were not for me. One of Mom's co workers suggested a different shopping spot which turned out to be a goldmine when it came to styles and colours that work for me.

Now I need to clean out my closet.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Funnily enough, 1 of 6 prs of pants tried on at Value Village on the weekend became a sale on Tuesday (dressy blue pants, fits ok even though it has no belt carriers, it has pockets!). Happy for your successful dress shopping experience. I threw out my old black pants on Monday-3 years were good but I won't miss the bleach stains and tears.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information