User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Went to the dollar tree and picked up some disposable plates 2x 40 packs, 2 boxes of pasta salad, and 1 Reece peanut butter cups for 6.40$.

And grabbed out of my bank account $9.20. Then asked my friend for $40 she said she had $10 and that she was dropping off more tonight after work. I told her I pay her back on pay day which is Wednesday and she told me to forget about it. Odd I usually pay back what I borrow, when they tell me that makes me feel uncomfortable. Gee what do I owe them I wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning everyone
    bed stripped and made ,floors washed was up at 6.00a.m
    didn't get a big grocery shop this week ,as I went to shoppers the other day ,fortinos for a few items before that ,trying to use up stuff

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into RCSS this morning to see what deals i could find. Meat markdowns! Whole chickens cut flat - world of flavors at $3.23 kg and pork chops same price. Bought all 5 chickens avg price $4.75 each. 3 small tray pork chops at $1.75 each. $3.77 peameal chunk $1.77 lb 2 butter and 1 sour cream. Total was $40.50 so redeemed $40 in points. I love stocking up on meat with points. I came home and put the chicken in oven with potatos and carrots. The teen has dinner!!
    Decided to clean out/organize the upright freezer before putting new stuff in. Moved the older stuff to the front and happy with the great assortment. We can last many months with no meat purchases which is great. Can watch for super deals!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Oct 20th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

After sorting the freezer it gave me some meal ideas. A few bags of sausage to use up so will make with pierogies and ceaser salad for the boys. Also have a freezer bag of souvlaki chicken i prepped so will make with rice and salad and green beans. Will make a meal plan this weekend and stick to it.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I voted today in the city elections. 1 mayoral candidate, up to 5 councillors, up to 6 school trustees. I decided to go with all the people I know well with the councillors and school trustees I re-elected the ones who were their before. And I read the platform of the mayoral candidates before I left home. I went the with the one who believed about housing all the homeless not just one little place.

Then I went to no frills and picked up some chocolate croissants for $5 and a 12 pack of Canada Dry cranberry ginger ale for 4.47$- I spent 10.45$.

I am going across town to pick up some more money and drop off a couple of the chocolate croissants.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -glad you voted! I have to pick new people for each role (public school trustee, councillor and mayor) as the incumbents have had 2 terms apiece. Time to give new people a chance to make decisions on Monday. Have to check out some candidates' websites in a few minutes.

The Bay refunded my money for the item not in stock (but had I picked a different mall store, it seems the item is in stock) three days after the order got cancelled. The other item is on a truck and I can wait to see if Hamilton has mail service or not on Monday (planned delivery day; the towel is now sold out but I ordered the second colour so I'm happy to be getting it).

Feel like baking this afternoon-rosemary focaccia and if I can scare up something sweet, cookies or a quick coffee cake (plenty of apples and some spices at home). Plus tea of course!

As for that budget check-I can buy one flannel sheet but not two of them. Have a few ideas of possible food ideas for the guest's visit assuming there is some face time involving a meal or just beverages and baked goodies. I'm also looking at casserole ideas and yes, I've the curried chicken one sheet pan meal in the back of my mind too or the Sobey's sausages dinner with the mixed canned beans and artichokes salad recipe for a quicker meal.
    @barbis9 -thanks for mentioning coat sales! I've not popped in Old Navy since summer. Will look at their styles online. I got the Marks flyer and there's a promo on three brands plus chance to buy a vest (for $25 but I don't need one) if one spends $99 or more. Have to see what Wind River coats might have been added.

New issue of First for Women talks about how one can use apple cider in stews or soups (swap 1 cup apple cider for 1 cup of the broth in the recipe) and in other dishes. Plan to bring those ideas to the forum next week.
    Clear lip balm tips-can be used to control static from hat wear (apply balm on fingertips and apply to ends of hair-but I say apply that balm to the crown area which is under the hat); to seal cuts on a pooch's paw if a nail clipping session causes a bleeding cut; to coat garden tools to prevent rust.
    Coffee can contain mycotoxins if the growing/harvesting/processing of coffee is not clean enough. Those mycotoxins can cause allergy-like symptoms as well as headaches. Best to get a quality brand of coffee or choose dark roast varieties that burn off 97% of the mycotoxins during roasting.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Stayed at home yesterday and did some cutting down of spent flowers (nasturiums/ roses/coneflowers) and checking what else might need attention next week. Collected branches. Refrained from pulling out the mower to mulch leaves-the weekend wet weather may shake down many more of them. Started to shift things around in my room with goal of "staging it" a little more like a guest room and minimizing the clutter aspect (paper toss imminent of course). Ran early morning loads of laundry because someone woke me up and that made me eat the remaining banana loaf (while waiting for the last drying cycle to end).

Today someone I happened to chat to gave me a couple of places to contact regarding getting an assessment for Dad. Don't know if that will happen but something to try anyway next.

The morning rain had a few minutes of fine hail ("salting" the town with small ice chips...) on my walk into town. Found two empty cans to return to the beer store and gave a friend some more Monopoly pieces (sibling is patronizing McD's more often now that he knows there's a contest).

I will write out a few recipes from a cookbook tonight and then write a grocery list of items needed to make any one of the recipes a reality.

On Thursday, M&M Food Market changed the name of its reward program and offered a 15% off $50 regular priced shop (my offer ends Oct. 26) for updating my membership and confirming it.

I find the Walmart flyer getting narrower every few weeks. I was thinking of the character Mike Teevee from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-he was the child who got in front of a camera that shrunk things and the factory employees stretched him back into a stick figure version to sort of return him back to his child self.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The grey day deserves some cheery flowers or cheery clothing. I've my rose silk top on under my sweater and navy coat.
    Super happy that I clipped a miniature rose and a rosebud from the flowerbed yesterday and put them into a little glass. We're still enjoying the big red rose from over a week ago and it's close to falling apart but my, the splendour of an open rose in a vase!

The Halloween treats need to be counted to ensure I've at least 36 pkg left. The treats remain a constant lure to me...so yummy.

Oh, Muji has some deals on this weekend including 20% off pyjamas. The store carries flannel ones (which I have located on one's menwear store site but not on the other specialty menswear site) too! The Toronto Muji Atrium store will close Oct.28 to allow the renovated store to finish work and reopen later in fall.

I will postpone the oiling of hinges and doorknobs until next week as one of the dwindling fall tasks left to do. Please take time to enjoy any fall colour still on trees in your area this weekend! We'll be changing clocks back in about two weeks' time in most areas of Canada and not see much outside (shorter daylight hours).

Do Smart Canucks have any sales leads on 3M Magic Transparent tape deals? I'm almost out of tape!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i ordered 2 new daycare cots .. used my click money, so got them free.. and went through shopper army.ca so i will get a rebate.
    then grocery shopping.. 14 000 pts, plus another 9 from caddle co51. so i am happy.
    and my house is well stocked. with stuff.
    i am tried though . i havent been sleeping well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, just did my bi- yearly call to my internet provider... my contract is up in 14 days.... increased speed... .. saved 300 per year. worth the 55 min on the phone.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have still not turned on the furnace. The gas fireplace has been on a few times and I did some baking today so the house is cozy. Despite the increased costs our monthly natural gas bill is 15.00 less a month this year so I will keep doing this crazy stuff. I am sure I won’t make it much longer.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

all the crazy little things really do add up.

went to town today .. got middle child shoes, me slippers, and 2 pairs of track pants, as well as a few items for the various food drives our town will have. also stop at value village.. blue skirt bought and 2 blue tops... I am making myself a cookie monster costume!!!! alsoa stop at the reimagine store.. for cloth produce bags, and bamboo toothbrushes.

done. and home. supper is chicken fet alfredo , with garlic bread. and we have snow every now and then.

also .. youngest rabbit died... i need to take care of stuff.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and bought 2 soda stream syrups...black cherry cola and root beer for $12 and 90 piece oh Henry and Reese cups for $9. So I spent a total of 22.05$.

Someone rang my enter phone a couple minutes and they didn’t speak English. I couldn’t understand a lick of what they were saying so I hung up saying they got the wrong suite.

I am watching how to loose a guy in 10 days. It’s horrible she is horrible I forgot how bad she was in this movie.

I am going to go back downstairs and see if someone wants help with lunch laters all.

Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is trapped behind big streaks of gray-tinged clouds that look like unrolled bolts of batting with holes in it! At least there is no rain or snow/hail yet...Winter coat and gloves were on to provide warmth but I kept my extra layer at home as it's not yet -10C weather!

Last night, saw so many pots and dishes from Mom's cooking to put a casserole into the oven that I skipped baking and did the dishwashing after dinner and got dish towels laundered and counters cleaned.
    Had some recipes copied out in notebook-have to do the shopping list for them.
    Sibling got some more items on the grocery list but did not bother to put stuff away. I realized that my biospy still has taken some energy out of me when I made two trips downstairs to bring the 2 x 42 bottles of water from the dining room. Once I bent at the waist later upstairs, I felt a horizontal wave of pain just below my ribcage. Yowsa. Simply wanted things put away and recycling moved into the box.

Had two English muffins with butter and jam for breakfast and toasted the remaining 4 from the package for the parents. Also warmed up leftover roast beef bits with a little jus to enjoy on two whole wheat bun halves and a glass of citrus juice and a pear. Brought a cola along for my snack today. Supper-probably pasta.

Any 3M tape leads??? Never like running out of the stuff.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just cashed out $23.95 from my CO51 account. I’ve used a lot of coupons at Walmart at Sobeys this week. I also redeemed $10 in Points at No Frills.

The weather has been nice most of last week and the forecast continues to be pretty good. We spent time in the yard, garden, park, and the Family Centre. Similar plans for the coming week.

We went to a Halloween party last night. It cost $5 for the family. The kids each got a couple treats/prizes, did crafts, and watched part of a show. They were so busy that they ran out of popcorn before we arrived. The money raised goes to support our local art gallery and museum. They offer some kid/family programs at a reduced cost.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information