User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi, everyone, Happy Sunday!

I have been lurking again and enjoying reading about everyone's busyness in your wonderful lives, but I have not had much to contribute...

Have been frugal in some ways, but not in others - I think they have evened out.

Have a great day, and remember to make time for yourselves!
    Wonderful words to share, @Natalka !
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Merry xmas everyone

Going to hubby's niece's house tonight for open house -my son may go with his wife and Ashlyn and cara

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    after a wonderful ansixity attack at the mall. i am home. slept for 2 hours. we ahve 2 gifts to drop off. then i am takingmy mom to church.
    then home. Hubby will get bread, as i forgot it, and i need to feed people tomoorrow am .lol.
    after church. its home and sandwuches for supper.
    i need to wrap. but i use cloth bags... and seriously.. its 30 min. so easy and fast. no stress at alll there.

youngest is done work at 4 her bf will bring her home. he is a great kid. and makes her smile. so all is good.
    middle is home with the puppies.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My mom is on her way to spend Christmas with us and the 15 year old is anxious for her arrival. this makes me so happy. It will be a sad Christmas but we will all create new memories and both boys are excited to have Gramma here for Christmas. We have always spent the day just the 4 of us since the younger son was born. She will stay until boxing day and then we will drive her back as she is celebrating our Christmas with DHs family and that saves her over an hour of driving home alone. We were always lucky because our parents became great friends after we married and they live closer to each other than we do and have always taken good care of the others whenever needed. @gisel dta I will be thinking of your family this holiday as well.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

During nap time I placed my Air Miles order on Amazon. $106.xx for 5 items including colour wow books (ds has 2 years ago, but I don’t know what happened to them), tall back booster seat, and Cuba power converter. Supposed to arrive next week. Should complete my third Shop the Block and get bonus AM for spending $100 before taxes. Some colour wow books are 58% off. This entire Amazon purchase with paid for using gift cards that I earned on Swagbucks. I still have a bit of a balance on my Amazon account.
    I should get 55AM from this shop + 300AM from completing 3 with the Shop the Block promo.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Dec 24th, 2018 at 06:31 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -i am all dressed up in a navy blue (a little low cut)polyester dress and my hair curled -my dear daughter gave me this dress a few months back -i wont wear it around her but at my niece's tonight I will son and his family are going from 6-8.00 then home with the girls

I decided I cant wear my high heels anymore too high and really not easy to wear so my little low boots will do

By for now -everyone have a wonderfull evening

Lilo -that sounds so nice making new memories with your mom -cant tell you haw much I miss my mom this time of year

trying to lose a little this time of year I started 2 and a half weeks ago and I have lost a pound and a half

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nice little bonus cheque came in the mail today for $67.15. Hopefully others who applied will get one too. We had applied in Oct 2017 for the polyurethane foam class action settlement and sent in whatever receipts we could find( had a new house built so had the carpet and underlay receipt)and pics of any couches, chairs, mattresses etc we had bought during that time period. I guess that was our share of the settlement and worth doing the little extra work to not just apply for the standard $20 amount offered with no receipts. Happy holidays all.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I decided to go over to my moms house after all. I told her that I was tired and sore and wasn’t going to decorate her Christmas tree or peel her potatoes or vacuum or clean her bathrooms in her car as we reached her house she tail gated people and severed in and out of traffic.

She redecorated my old bedroom put carpet down so now the bedroom door doesn’t even swing open...& it’s a million degrees in the house so I have the window cracked open. The cats greeted me all 5 of them, yes I said 5. 4 of them live here and the 5th is a stray cat that my mom feeds so I guess it is her cat too.

For lunch before I left I made a wonderful beef stroganoff with the leftover tenderloin I cut up for stir fry. I tossed it in salt and pepper cooked it, then added thyme before I added the 2 cans of mushroom soup and 1/2 can of water into the frying pan. I added more thyme and basil then near the end I added 3 dollaps of sour cream. I didn’t have broad noodles so I used penne and put some Asiago cheese shreds on top. It was delicious. But of course I ate to fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

merry xmas

I was up at 5.30 online shopping at the bay -lol
    I had a 50.00 gift card from my birthday in sept I had 14 items and I paid 25.86 some of it is easter clothing for the grandkids ,yes gotta stay ahead of the holidays with great prices plus I got 4 tops for myself (if they all fit nice)plus got hubby hagger shorts for 11 bucks in the summer I paid 18 for a pair from old navy last summer,so these are even cheaper plus got him 2 mens shirts $13 for a long sleeve and 11.55 for a short sleeve one both larger sizes so hope they fit him

I don't feel a lot of sales are good buys -the bay had awesome prices today ,wanted to shop from the body shop as I like their products but not great sales yet looked at indigo sales not that great either for me anyway

hope everyone has a great day -hubby and I are just relaxing -we will see our kids in Toronto at my daughter's on boxing day and then we will open our presents -fine by me as I am still battling this cold
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 25th, 2018 at 04:01 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Merry Christmas all. we have been up... presents done... breakfast eaten. kids are resting...
    we are heading over to my moms in a hour or so .
    we have the code word in place for if my brother gets crazy... .. he tends to be ... a stressfull situation... and since he just found out my middle child is gender fluid / transgender... ( and thinks its funny.... seriously.. laughs hysterically every time they see them........) we need a safe word... and a shovel... but ya know .. if you dont have a crazy person in the family... its prob you.
    later we are just doing apps, and movies.. relaxing.

hugs to all. i hope your Christmas is exactly as you want it to be.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Merry Christmas to you all!

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Merry Christmas to you as well
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta dying at the safe word and a shovel. I always said it’s good to know who the crazy family member is because then it’s not you.
    DS 1 did beef Wellington for dinner and it was another hit. Now I am just resting before dessert.
    Merry Christmas everyone
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so ticked right now -relaxed all day only did 2 loads of laundry ,checked my emails just now at 10.00 p.m and the bay sent me a confirmation but with only 8 items and I ordered 14 ,or course the 8 that were missing 3 of them were my tops ,so I called and the girl tried to place an order for my tops but alas all the XL were sold out -yep they only had smalls left

She said another woman ordered 30 items and some were missing so the system had a glitch in it -darn it I used my 50.00 gift card from my birthday on my dear hubby then ,so I told him when I go to shop for me not to complain as I used my 50.00 gift card up on him and my grandkids

Well at least she gave me a 15% off for next time(within the next 3 months) I call an order in ,but I will wait for free shipping as I wont pay that unless I spend 45.00 or more on my HBC mastercard ,but I told her I am done spending larger amounts now the next few months as we have a smaller budget

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Boxing day all.
    Today is Garbage and recyling day here. hubby and put out stuff last night. as they come by at 7 am . 90% of our neighbours forgot.... however during the winter.. we are on every other week garbage... so no more garbage pick up for 2 more weeks... i am happy we got ours out.

so far.. family room clean, bathroom downstairs clean, bathroom upstairs clean. laundry started. that makes my house seem large.. it really isnt. But its perfect for us.

i need to bring the recycle bins, adn garbage can back. then start in on the kitchen. that is going to take a bit of time. prob not as long as the daycare rooms.....
    those are after.
    youngest is at work. after we will have apps, and play cards..

i had a bit of money from swagbucks, ect on my amazon acct. i spent it on some daycare toys. i used shopper army so i get cash back . and i should be able to cash out next week again, so i can build up my amazon money again.

i am looking at my goals tht i want to achive next year. pay down stuff, make better usage of my grocery shopping. ect.
    this year , i moved my savings into a TFSA for myself. i am pretty happy with how that is going. so i am going to keep doing that.

i have my desk area all set up. and i am ready to start doing some serious saving.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information