User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes savings is top on my list too giselta

so I just called the bay this morning as I feel I didn't get great service -knowing how much I spend there-so this morning I was able to spend 24.00 I got 15% off the few items and they also gave me free shipping as I don't wish to spend higher amounts just to use this 15% courtesy amount they gave me ,so all in all better service plus I got a lovely jones new York top for me -again lets hope its not to small or clingy

off to daughter's condo now to celebrate our xmas wont be home til 9.00 p.m everyone have a great day

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So great haul for Christmas...

Big ticket item a microwave it’s a Panasonic. Then I got a whole tonne of chocolate, scratch tickets I won a free $2 ticket and 7$ plus one more I haven’t scratched. I also got socks, Netflix gift card, shoppers gift card, subway gift card, dine gift card, loblaws(grocery) gift card, pj pants, an ornament, a mug and spoon in shape of cat head, CO2 cylinder for my Soda Stream, & a clementine.

My ride for tomorrow’s doctors appointment fell through their sick I guess I am at the mercy of the bus or asking my mom to drive me.

I also gotta go home today I am suppose to have people over for a roast today oops..gotta be home by noon it’s 11am now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

very practical gifts!!! love it !!!!!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. . s o what is everyones favorite gift...

fav gift you received... and fav gift you gave.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Fav gift i gave... was to my mom... we bought her a areogarden .. Black friday sale. half off.. and some lettuce seed to go with it. so she can grow her own salad stuff... and avoid store stuff. she does not like fresh veggies much in the winter. but loves salads. and wont eat them because of all the fear about lettuce

Fav gift to receive...
    hubby bought me 2 sets of fuzzey fleece onsies jammies.. with hoods... .. omg. love them . love them so much .
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Best gift I gave was to my sister was a Pyjama onesie it was pink and had a dog’s head on it. I guessed what size she was, wrapped it and when she opened it she really loved it.

My fav gift that I received the amount of gift cards to my places I loved to shop which is shoppers and no frills type deal. The restaurant gift cards were secondary.

Because we had a limit of $20 per person for stockings I only spent a few dollars on each person. But splurged on my mother for her stocking.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok.. . s o what is everyones favorite gift...

fav gift you received... and fav gift you gave.
    Favourite gift I gave - for my son, a Darth Vader cookie jar (hard to find!). When you open it, it does the breathing sound. Filled it with his fave cookies, also Star Wars candy canes, plus cash so he can choose to get some things he wants.

I received nary a gift, like a gift gift. Sigh!
    Yes, my gifts were all the love and help my son and husband give me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My favourite gift that I received this year was 2 hoodies with zippered pockets. I like to put my cell phone in my zippered pocket while doing things in the house. If I leave it unattended, twin boy quickly tries to claim it as his.

I guess the best gift we are giving this year is our all inclusive family trip to Cuba. We are on the count down and preparing to pack.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

favourite gift I gave had to have been sebastian's mellissa and doug barn -he was so excited

the favourite gifts(cant name one) I received any thing my kids give me my daughter-in-law got me a visa pre paid gift card and p,j and a candle
    my daughter bought me a top from j.crew in Toronto -black size large with a V-neck -I love it and it fits
    then she gave me lovely expensive roll on perfume and sheets 400 count from the bay

Just got in at 9.00 p.m daughter made a lovely roast /and a ham ,he fresh baked rolls and veggies and fresh apple pie

It was a little crazy for a bit with 3 small kids running around with a smaller space but we made do

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. I am working today. part of what i am doing is trying to get the daycare rooms more orgaised. lol. one can dream. part is so many toys. i do need to thin down a bit.. and move stuff out. .. that is a work in progress for a bit.

ok. so.. i am planning on doing alot of savings this year. i want to move us into a better position, and really get things done.

so .. i am takingmy big desk calender. and jotting stuff down.... .. found cans on walk.. cashed out for points ect. things of that nature. i am hoping to kee track each month and motivate me on to more savings. ect.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -yes giselta -I have tracked my coupon use since 2001-so yes I have been couponing many years before that and I plan on using every bit of savings this year -like points ,etc ,seniors discounts at shoppers ,buying items like beauty items ahead of time

Look how I managed to get the 15% off at the bay because of their screw up without paying shipping also -I saved $1.39 the other day small but adds up thruout the year ,and would brought home the wine and beer cans from my dear son-in-laws 6 of them me they may laugh oh and I found 3 mcdonalds stickers and buy son brought 3 coffee's in the other day so almost a free coffee

I got a $50.00 pre-paid visa from my son/wife -does anyone know if I can use that on-line ,do I put it in a visa credit card or giftcard -I read the back I have a year to use this card or they take 3.00 off everymonth after a year

just relaxing today as I babysit the 2 girls on Friday hubby will help thou 8-4.00,yes my house is like a daycare giseledta and angela -I am just retiring a toy walker may give to daughter in-law for her daycare (yes she is a daycare worker in the school board )I have a small tote full of toys and old fisher price fire truck ,plus kept a Barbie hot dog stand from my daughter the stand is 31 years old and trash bag toys figurines from my son (Sebastian loves these figurines when he comes here)

plus I have a bin of crayons ,markers ,paints and a paint shirt-mind you I only have a santa colouring book so may hit up the dollar store and buy 2 more colouring books
    Giseledta, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i like dollar tree for crafty stuff much better selection personally.

and yes, i believe you can use a visa prepaid online.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to the pharmacy to pick up my meds because they asked me to. I have a doctors appointment at 2:10pm I tried to change it to next week but they had 11, 12:10, and 3 only. Not the selection I was looking for. I asked for like 1:30pm or 2 and they said that’s when he scheduled his lunch I was like excuse me but they said on the answering machine his lunch is at 12-1pm. You may want to change that...if that is the case. It pisses me off to no avail the wool they try to pull over ones eyes I guess I am booking for the week after next. I am exhausted I didn’t get to sleep till about 1am. I woke up to stomping and stupid sh*t at 5:45am above me. Then I went back to sleep at 7:15am and woke up at 9:30am I knew I had to change my address with the pharmacy and I felt like poop when I woke up too again.

My ride got back to me over the time she was available next week unfortunately it was already taken when I phoned back to the doctors office. I am not impressed by this day so far.

I have to take public transit and it makes me very anxious...

I am going to get my money back on my scratch tickets and see if my lotto max ticket I won anything. I got time to spare before I go anywhere out to the doctor.

Oh yeah I stopped into no frills and bought tide pods and a hot wheels car and a Hauler yellow & black tote..

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Money saving is our goal for 2019 and a job for DH. I planned to retired at 60 but my job is at a whole new level of crazy so I don’t think I can make 8 more years so the new plan is 5 more years and then do something part time until 60. But who knows maybe it will get less crazy. The other plan is to address the food waste because that becomes a waste of money. So is taking inventory of the cupboards and freezer and we are only buying produce and dairy for January. We already finished all the leftovers from Christmas and used up a few cans of soup that were nearing the best before date. Breakfast for me was yogurt that expired 5 days ago and I survived. I also decided I need to give myself a budget for a number of the charities I support as I know I was a little crazy over Christmas and while I love to give, I also need to save.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. I am working today. part of what i am doing is trying to get the daycare rooms more orgaised. lol. one can dream. part is so many toys. i do need to thin down a bit.. and move stuff out. .. that is a work in progress for a bit.

ok. so.. i am planning on doing alot of savings this year. i want to move us into a better position, and really get things done.

so .. i am takingmy big desk calender. and jotting stuff down.... .. found cans on walk.. cashed out for points ect. things of that nature. i am hoping to kee track each month and motivate me on to more savings. ect.
    @gisel dta I have an excel spread sheet that I created years ago and DH now makes it fancy as a pivot table. If I can do a screen shot I will show you but I track almost everything we save from points, coupons, Facebook sales. It’s amazing how it adds up. This year I am over $4000.00, over half of that is my PCO
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information