User Tag List

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to find a thrift store digital photo frame (without its remote that alas changes the timing between photo changes or the transitions) for $7.99 two nights ago. Once I played around with settings, pressing restoration to factory settings got rid of the files in the memory. I have noticed that sometimes the frame won't pick up on an SD disc, so contacts for that media may be toast. USB-the frame accesses the first photo file it finds so I have to explore the Manage photos feature to see if I can pick the right file. It's much faster to insert the USB into a Blu-ray player to see images than use the frame.
    Yesterday I finished scanning negatives and pics and thought I had all of them in the right files. Last night, I wanted to preview the images for Mom and about 15 of the files would not open or load-some error message came up on sibling's laptop during a short time he gave me access to it.
    Mom wanted three images removed but I could only see one of them today to remove. I am feeling frustrated at not having my own laptop and scanning access but that means I have to pursue my own gear ASAP.
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ciel so sorry for your loss.

Not sure if your family has a family doctor but if you do if they are aware of the situation when someone may pass at home they can be on call and are able to pronounce a death. When Oma passed Opa was told not to call EMS as if he had they would have had to try to resuscitate her and may also insist on taking her to the hospital to be pronounced. Instead he called her GP who came to the house pronounced Oma. I believe then the Corner came and released the body to the funeral home who came and picked her up.

I am not sure of everything involved but I know my Step Mom had the same thing in placed in her Mom passed although I do think she passed in hospital (I was only around 10 or 11 when her Mom passed) as well the same thing when my Aunt's Dad unexpectedly passed at home. Since my Aunt is a Police Officer she told her Mom not to have EMS come and a GP came and pronounced him at the house.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad that the people on SC have been of help to you during this difficult time.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel Sorry for your loss

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel so sorry for your loss. I think slog is a good way to describe it. Losing a parent regardless of circumstances and relationship is difficult. Thankfully my dad had a DNR in place so mom was spared that, but she was alone when he passed so 911 encouraged her to do CPR even though she knew he had been gone for a few hours. Then she had to wait for the OPP to declare it natural causes because he passed at home. Even in the midst of tears we found humour in this because mom was always threatening to kill him. We found most people we had to deal with after incredibly kind and compassionate. There was the one I sure person who advised dad would have to sign off on the title transfer to which my mom replied what part of dead was not clear to you. Your mom will not have payback the OAS or CPP for the month of his death. The 2018 taxes will be easy 2019 will be a pain.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@Ciel , thank you for sharing with us. So sorry for your loss. Sending hugs.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    A pretty good day here. Now that the sink is fixed I cleaned under the sink, scrubbing out the cabinet. Then I reorganized everything that goes under the sink. Discovered we have a few open bottles of the same type of spray that need to be used up.

Well I was down on the floor cleaning the cabinet I decided to also scrub the front of all of the lower cabinets on that side of the kitchen. Still need to scrub down the Pantry and the Upper Cabinets, might tackle the pantry tomorrow but the Top Cabinets will probably have to wait. My back has been bugging me a bit so I am not comfortable right now standing on a ladder and stretching the way I would need to clean the Top Cabinets.

We also did some cleaning in the living, mostly just tidying up and sorting piles. We cleaned off the couch, the little laptop table as well as a couple of pile of mail I had not sorted. As well I was tidying up some of my crochet projects and found a few that I had not finished off so I have put them on the love seat to finish up and pack away. Most of them are scarves I plan to post for sale in the Fall.

Time to head to Pinterest and plan my cooking for tomorrow. Mom wants to make a Roast so anything I want to bake will need to be done in the morning before the Roast goes in the oven.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -so sorry about the loss of your dear dad

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a busy sat went to visit hubby's brother and his wife for a few hours got home went to shoppers got 20 times and I was told they no longer due scanning code of practise ,(so didn't get my items free )I will have to further check into that one ,then popped over to sobeys for a few sale items

We were relaxing but when I was out son called and said they were popping in with the girls ,so they stayed from 5 til 7 -ahhh so tired

Oh well nothing is on the agenda on sunday for me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Ciel so sorry for your loss. It’s always difficult to lose a love one regardless of the situation. Giving you any your family my heart felt sympathy. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you (((hugs))))

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel I am sorry for your loss I lost my dad to cancer too my mom was a wreck. Because I was the oldest I did things out of more necessity then grief at the time. I was of course in shock and the grief didn’t set in until a year or so after. Me and my sister used my dad’s computer to load up pictures onto this program that she chose. She found lots of lost artifacts of pictures that no one knew about not even mom. Mom gave the reigns over to my sister on this one, while I searched for halls and spaces. In the end we decided to do it nearly a month after the fact at the house.

My dad was my rock until he had a stroke in 2012 reverted back to young boy. then nearly 3 years in 2015 later he died from aggressive blood cancer. He was only 66.

He taught me so many things like how to do my own taxes, drive stick, wire a
    while a house, repair a computer/build one, use power tools including a chainsaw, how to vote, pay the mortgage, complain the right way in a formal letter, and Run meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Ciel - i am so sorry for your loss. losing a parent is never easy. many many hugs
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Nations and Oceans has winded for $1.99 -$1.00 (coupon exp tomorrow)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

shoppers 50x..... done.
    did a shop at foodland... doing the spend 50 get 10.00 gc card, just waiting for confirmation. and i had a email offer of extra bonus airmiles...

hoping youngest can swap her shift tomorrow... if so .. then i it will be a family meal tomorrow night.. if not... then it willbe brunch.... we have a huge wind storm coming tomorrow.. sigh.... is what it is...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-my sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information