User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all!

Had a nice dinner last night at friends house and we all watched the game. (Leafs) I was going to hit the gym after work but I forgot my running shoes! I thought they were in the car but they are not Oh well, I have tons of housework to do tonight so that will have to be my workout. Plan is to get all the laundry done and put away (there is tons so will have to start as soon as I get home) Make the kitchen spotless. And tackle a pile in my room. Will give the fridge a once over and see what needs to be used up. I know we have lots of veggies to use up so will plan those in the meals the next few days. I think tonight will be simple- Grilled cheese and sliced up cucumber. (I forgot to take something out for the crockpot)
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@SassyAshley I had my gallbladder removed arthroscopically as I had a huge gallstone. Not to scare you....please get a second opinion as my hubby had gallstones, his family doctor said not to worry, and his gallbladder got infected and he was so sick, had emergency surgery and because he lost confidence in his doctor, he found a better more proactive doctor.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Apr 16th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have great weather this week and into the forecast. I have to stay home while the company is working on installing our solar panels. We are spending hours in the back yard each day. Yesterday morning I shelled the dried peas that I saved from last year’s garden. I’ll plant them those spring. I also took an inventory of my garden seeds and made a short list of what I’ll need to buy. This morning I spent some time weeding with my hand shovel. Our twins are very interested in what I’m doing and how things work. They played with a lady bug until it flew away. We found lots of earth worms, 3 centipedes, and unfortunately red ants. I’ve been trying to fight those safely for years.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well didn't make it to shoppers today -no worries as I get 20% off seniors on Thursday
    Went over to my son's as he called last night and said come over anytime we are at work to do what -well we are huge "game of throne fans" so today we went over I also did a load of laundry for daughter-in-law ,we had to be there for Ashlyn as she got off the bus anyway

Picked up a case of 12 beer for easter for son and son-in-law ,wow for 12 heineken it was 27.00 minus my 5 returns I found the other day I decided to treat the boys and hubby -thank goodness my hubby is not a beer drinker -lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Arrived Toronto last Thursday evening-thankfully my Mum started to get some slight movement and feeling back in her arm the day before I arrived and has seen steady improvement each day. It will still be a very long road, but at least finally after absolutely no change for a whole month since she fell, we all feel some hope for recovery.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Omg, I was at the Burlington indigos using a gift card and just as I held open the door to leave, three actors from the Handmaids Tale walked in, in full costume! My mouth just dropped and I said "omg", Elizabeth Moss said "no pictures please" (darn), and I told her how much I liked her show, she said "thank you". The other actress was the housekeeper for the commanders wife, and I was too awe struck to tell you who the third actress was. A black Cadillac Escalade was waiting outside for them. Can hardly wait for season 3.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Apr 16th, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -hope your mom is on the mend -remember slow and steady wins the race

barbis-wow wow how exciting gee I once ran into Kelsey Grammar in B.C and asked for his picture with his then wife and they said no problem .I have never seen the show but have season 1 and 2 on hold at the library

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I went to Long and McQuade it’s a music store to look for guitar strings what the prices were compared to amazon. well I got lost in looking for deals and picked up some Fender nickel wound electric guitar strings & a finger pick it costs me 7.25$. My friend plays by ear and I know how to play some chords from guitar class in grade 11. Many years ago it be since then. I own my own guitar but it’s at storage at my moms house. She finally told me where it is but asked me if she could sell it...

It’s a St. Laurent made out of wild cherry wood acoustic guitar. I told her no she couldn’t sell my guitar or my dad’s electric bass guitar.

I did have an eye on acoustic backpackers guitar for 128$ in the store.

My friend her ulcer is giving her grief and she is sick in bed. So I been taking care of her.

Onto another day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m taking a free online concussion course. It’s being offered through the university of Calgary in conjunction with Laval university. It is a MOOC course and Laval university offers other MOOC courses for free. It does not count as credit units, but I can chose to buy a certificate as prof of completion. I managed to spend an hour on the course this evening after our children were in bed. I also worked on it during nap time on the weekend.

I have meetings the next two evenings, then we’re taking an over night trip to see my family for Easter supper on Friday. It’s been a couple years since some of them were there at the same time as us. It happens when we live roughly 5hrs in opposite directions. My aunt and uncle host at their house, which is somewhere in the middle and convenient for some relatives. Ds is counting down to the trip.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. garbage and recyles are out, we are back to weekly garbage. it goes to biweekly for the winter. it nice to have it back to weekly.

i am working on cleaning out the upstairs pantry closet , seriously .. size of a broom closet.

i have a insane amount of oatmeal.. if anyone has any ideas...

today there is actual sun.. i am going to the park ... we were rained out yesterday. but a good solid play today. then back work on easter stuff.
    i need to go to the store and get the resst of the easter gifts tonight and yea. that s it for me.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i talked with my sister-in-law was gonna go visit my brother but they are doing more tests,so i will wait til after easter,he does have a long journey and needs his rest so i will honour her wishes and go next week

Off to talize today to look for tank tops and pick up my wine at LCBO and return my tank top to the bay ,gonna get a start early
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to once upon a child today got $23.00 for my daughter for Sebastian's used clothing

then on to talize I spent 30.42 I saved 5.00 with a cpn I had from donations I got 2 tanks 3.99 each (took back the one to the bay -16.94 back on my credit card)campus crew fleece bottoms 5.99, peppa pig small car 2.99 (it runs on batteries but doesn't work) that's okay as you can still push it around a nice black sweater 9.99-50%=4.99
    a 1,000 piece puzzle 3.99 and a new tea towel 2.99

so happy with my thrift shopping today ,even gave the older lady in front a 5.00 cpn as I had 2 in my wallet
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to RCSS on my lunch. I bought 4 x PC green beans at $1.97 each. Received 1600 PC PTS. We are well stocked up now. I need to clean up the upright freezer and rotate my veggies. I try to use fresh when on sale (asparagus!! seems to be under $2 lb all summer long ) so happy to have the frozen veggies for the winter and when needed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Easter stuff with my littles today. i am off tomorrow.
    i had teh rest of the airmiles credit from last weekend. .... i am at 200.00 there.

oldest will take my mom to foodland today, then drop off donation stuff for her. so that will make my life eaiser as she is dropping off my stuff as well

just did 2 very quick surveys on sb. easy peasy.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!!!! Woohoo short work day for me. Going to power thru my stuff so my desk is clean!

Going out tonight with friends tonight so will finish the laundry when I get home early from work and put it all away so the fun weekend can start!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information