User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I trust you've looked into the cost of new, more efficient ones relative to how much you could save because they use less fuel. We replaced ours a few years ago after looking at this.
    Yes we did .But I DH thinks we should wait until it completely give up.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok question of the day.

if you buy off amazon , what do you buy

becasue of my sb, and other stuff .i get a bit of amazon ,money. i never cash out for paypal. any hoo... so... i try to buy things the house needs. .. vacume, furnace filters ect. or saves money.. drying rack ect
    lately its food.. ect... dish soap and cat treats are coming in on friday

what are your go to things
    Right now I have been buying items like king duvet cover, queen bed in bag, guitar strings, a capo, bridge pegs, blackout curtains, crafts, books, kitchen ingredients, kitchen equipment, aprons, chef jackets, gel pens, dog sweaters/t-shirts, t-shirts, Rollie’s, pants, movies, cds, items for my tablet, socks, and in the past I bought men’s underwear, perfume/after shave, watches, ball caps, men’s socks,

I make wish lists and buy from them. You can have as many wish lists as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So I was really excited because I am getting a big tax return, that lasted a day because today the furnace was finally declared dead. It’s really old but has run like a beast for years. At least we don’t have to rush as the gas fireplace can keep the house warm. I also need to call and cancel the service plan no point in paying that since the gas is off and the furnace tagged. It will give us lots of room in the furnace room because now they are so tiny compared to what we had. We were ready for it, but still would have like to not buy a new furnace this month.
    Talk about timing!

If our house really is a late 50s build, I'd say the existing furnace is that old too. I'd like a Napoleon furnace but it costs $$$$. That reminds me, I probably should see if the circulating pump needs oil-no squealing as yet but it's time for some spring cleaning/oiling at home.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 4th, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a grocery shop on the way home yesterday and could not pass up 2 pkg of reduced sweet potatoes (3 per package with organic stickers on a couple of them) for $1.99 per pkg. Peeled and cubed them and roasted them with chili flakes and oil plus added in some green olives. Yum! Also found one of the last wild rice & quinoa mixes on the clearance shelf so I cooked that as well.
    Noticed that red lentils seem to have gone up 20-30 cents-3.29 for PC Blue Menu brand vs 3.49 for NuPak (same 900g sizes).

Community newspaper did not have Walmart flyers. I am curious to know if Burlington, Oakville and Toronto SCers still get the flyers in their paper bundles? Think the chain is working their carbon tax costs and just keeping flyers in area stores to save on distribution costs. Grateful for the flyer previews posted by members here! Still need a shopping cart to get that flour deal at Walmart. Farm Boy flyers have become sporadic as well-might be a smaller distribution now or just in-store only.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 4th, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ktichen Stuff Plus has increased the cost of its brand of shopping carts to $34.99. Yikes. There's a $7 discount on them this week but I was hoping for 50% off. Not wanting the trolley with wheels (They are $24.99 less 40% off)-I need the firm handle.
    Hey, Ricardo fans! KSP has Ricardo's rice steamer on sale $47.99 (reg. $79.99). And Ricardo's digital slow cooker is also on sale ($59.99, $20 less than usual).

Canadian Tire has a very similar red cart (also has an umbrella pocket) like the KSP one but it's $29.99 and in stock. Hmm, think I'll overlook the KSP floral cart and get a red cart at CT (if the cart is assembled, then I can go across the lot to Walmart to get flour!).

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Yes we did .But I DH thinks we should wait until it completely give up.
    Neither way is best for everyone and every set of circumstances. It's good that you considered your options; not everyone does.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. we have freezing ice rain. sigh.
    and a pd day. double sigh.

ok. busy weekend. very busy weekend. can i stop for a min and say, i a tired of being a responsible person just for a second. its getting old

ok.. today has changed to a crafty kinda day. should be nice. i am hoping. hugs to all.

my current amazon list..

bamboo tooth brushes. cloth produce bag. et
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. we have freezing ice rain. sigh.
    and a pd day. double sigh.

ok. busy weekend. very busy weekend. can i stop for a min and say, i a tired of being a responsible person just for a second. its getting old

ok.. today has changed to a crafty kinda day. should be nice. i am hoping. hugs to all.

my current amazon list..

bamboo tooth brushes. cloth produce bag. et
    I saw those cloth produce bags on there daily deals like 3 days ago.

barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh no-all this talk of furnaces has me wondering. My DH keeps thinking the water heater will go and if so the venting also needs to be changed due to some new building code-it is a "special" high efficiency type of water heater. We built our house 18 years ago so eventually we will need to replace roof, furnace, water heater, windows etc-the $ are in the bank but... so much more fun to spend on a trip or something you can see like new carpet etc. I think before too long the kitchen flooring will need to be replaced. Our home improvement bill this week was paying to have our Schubert cherry trimmed as it has black rot which can eventually kill it-I figured it was worth trying to save the tree in our front yard.

We had out of town company arrive last night for a couple of nights-old friends and we enjoy having them. Speaking of prices going up I was pleasantly surprised on Wed to run out last minute to No Frills and SDM-bought some chocolate for my DD and her boyfriend for Easter for only $10 for a nice selection of good quality chocolates-my sister was off to Vancouver and offered to deliver it. I am sure, had I mailed it, the postage would have cost more than the chocolate!!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Bring it on!

Dinner last night ended up being fend for yourself. I pulled out homemade mac and cheese from the freezer. Defrost and heat and eat!

House stuff- I'm starting a list of things to get done.

Question- How often do you change your furnace filter? (Or wash it if it is a reuseable one)
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yay GST came in I am $127.06 richer...not for long of course it’s already spent in my head.

I take out 120$ from the bank atm.
    I have 25$ gone some place...since I have 10 in my wallet. That’s 95$ then I suppose get some groceries with that money...

Then I gotta some how tell someone I will order something for them next week and give the 20$ when I get it next week. If the bank ate the money then I am off the hook...for ordering the stuff. Or hold onto the stuff and order it on pay day which is the 25th which is 20days from now and tell them that I will order more then when I have real money.

Geeze my shopping addiction is really bad if I cannot tell them I spent the money on junk food.

I want the 2 for 1 deal at thriftys for the bags of frozen prawns. I have a meal idea for them as long as there deveined. It’s gross when there not. I want to see if they have scallops. I love those...especially cooked in a pan of golden clarified butter. Then finished with top quality sea salt and sqeezue of a lime...drooling just thinking about it.

I want more mr noodles...and maybe some Alfredo sauce...gateroade or orange crush.

This is a challenge atm at the bank are open now but Walmart doesn’t open until 7am. Gosh all mighty...

At least I am not spending my money on Amazon. But just saying is making me want to. I need tunnel vision like they put on horses.

Oh yesterday I spent $3 on a scratch ticket and got my $3 back. Just need to cash the ticket.

I am running on 5hours of sleep...

Wednesday I was going to pick up free items but forgot because it was after 5:30pm the pick up time and I was exhausted. Yesterday I was asked if I was going to pick up that this time around but I had an arthritis flare up with the pressure weather change outside. They said they were going to recycle them so I told them just do it because I couldn’t come to pick them up because of the flare up and sorry to waste there time. I didn’t have a reply back because I deleted the conversation on messenger.

Spinal arthritis is a killer I didn’t think before I was 40 to have this at all. L1-L5 & T10-T11 is where the arthritis is. So lower back and upper back. I feel like weather barometer...just stick me outside and I can tell you if the weather is changing. My friends think it’s all fun and funny to tell me to walk outside and tell them if the weather is going to change.

I convinced my friends to file back taxes. And to file every year here on out. What a good friend I am.

barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got called to teach at the high school this afternoon. The teacher is going home sick. My part-time employee is coming in for me this afternoon.

My cold seems to be progressing. I was asleep by 9pm last night. My sinuses are still congested and I have a bit of a cough. My throat is very sore, I’m trying not to lose my voice. Oh well, life goes on.

I took the kids to a play group this morning. Each family gets to take one book home to keep. This is available once a month, but is across town from where we live. I joke about the car seat line-up in my van.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 5th, 2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Watched cara today -at 17 months she is so funny now she laughs at me with a big smile ,she slept 2 hours today so i did son,s laundry and put the dishes away from dishwasher

Stopped at canadian tire on the way home and price matched a Rubbermaid garbage can to 11.99 reg 19.99 plus 50X the points so got 2.45 on my Canadian tire money ,I am gonna use my old Rubbermaid garbage can for leaves after I slap a sticker on it (then I will refuse to buy bags for leaves anymore )

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and spent majority of my money there...i got:
    A gallon pitcher for $2.50
    Paper bowls $2.98
    16oz pink cups $3.47
    Alarm clock $19.95
    2 Plastic wine glasses @3 each
    Underwear $13.97
    Cute lil owl bag clips $3.97
    2x Mozzarella sticks@ $4.50 each
    Dr Pepper cherry 4.47$ plus 60 cents deposit
    Total 82.63 after taxes.

Then I went to roots it’s a natural foods store in my town picked up some dairy free ice cream x2 and aromatherapy essence for all together 24.50$

Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Apr 5th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ran around a bit tonight. helped my brother out. tomorrow i am helpong my mom. cleaning th e house.
    i might be mature and have a bottle of red... and binge watch some netflix after. lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information