User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Had to do a 300 km round trip drive today for work but I dogged the freezing rain and was able to my mom out to dinner and delay hitting the GTHA traffic. If I hit it at the top of Hamilton mountain it can add an hour to my drive. I also get paid mileage so not to bad.
    We have our furnace quote and picked an installer and we are doing AC and the hot water heater at the same timeso it’s goung to be expensive but we will watch our hydro bill drop and no longer pay the monthly service plan. It was long overdue and the money had been saved so all is good.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Fri, Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:21 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! I, too, took advantage of the .88 vegetables at Giant Tiger. I bought some Cadbury mini-eggs packages for .69 each, which probably isn't the best price, but it will be easy to make up Easter bags. I also bought an LED blossom tree to give my new living room some gentle light in the evening and a very inexpensive yoga mat as there are "Gentle Yoga" lessons at my new apartment building.

The soft food that my toothless doggie eats was on sale for .88 (Cesar) and she was in the car starving, so I bought a couple of packages that she could eat until we got home.

I picked up a very cute Easter Basket at Goodwill for $1. So I was pleased.

Good night, all! And enjoy the weekend!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning all:

DH is still sleeping--and he needs all he can get--but, when he awakens, we're going to make our weekly shopping trip and hit about six stores to scarf up the bargains, promos, etc. I wish I was finding more coupons, however, as they seem to be almost non-existent. At least, not on the shelves. And it is not for lack of looking. Have a great day, everyone. If I make a particularly good find on my shopping whirl, I'll come back and post it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -i have better news about my older brother ,he is coming along still on ventilator but lowest setting and breathing a bit on his own along with it ,it will be a bit of a journey for him but I believe he is a fighter,hubby and I will go see him on sunday

I just shopped old navy as they had 50% off I really really need tank tops ( I only have 7 one is only for backyard work as its soo faded)so spent $60 got 3 tanks for me (one is going back as I bought the 2 sizes l and xl) working on my xmas clothing for grandkids so got Sebastian a top Ashlyn a top for summer 5.00 she is so growing out of all clothing ,cara needs nothing in clothing as my daughter in-law has a sister who her daughter is 2 and a half so she gets soo much clothing for cara which is a good thing also got hubby a winter 1/4 zip top sweater for next winter I paid 6.48 reg 34.99

gonna hang some clothing or towels today and off to get my prescriptions at rexall

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wanted to give an update on the small bikes at our house. We had purchased one a few years ago for $20 from Salvation Army. This spring we picked up one bike for free and two bikes for $5 each. These three bikes were all in rough shape. Dh improved the $20 bike and turned the 3 broken bikes into one good bike. Both of the final bikes are now in good working order with training wheels.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.

did a bunch of shopping for my mom. then the bank for my dad stuff. then we went and helped her with some house stuff. then did my shoppers.
    got a bunch of sdm pionts= 26000 so pretty happy there. and easter is done.
    went to foodland. 159 airmiles. and 3 rd airmiles for mega miles.
    need 2 more. will get those this week.
    working on sb. and housework fo the night
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We just had to buy new propane tank and refill -ahhh the summer is adding up all ready.... at least I told hubby to go to Canadian tire as I got bonus points on bbq stuff just activated it yesterday ,so 12.23 on our canadian tire points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. houework day. and i want to clean the side deck. honestly , should not take long at all. might work on the front yard a bit as well. i need to start cleaning up the garden there.
    i am thinking bbq burgers for supper. i am also going to do a bit of paperwork, and d prep stuff. i really dont have much to do there. but 30 min would be fabbo.

hubby needs to do a bit of stuff as well.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning .
    My kitchen is tidy. Also walk the dog already.
    sitting having my second cup of tea.
    Later I am heading out to a bridal shower
    Dinner is some thing vegetarian maybe Potato curry with chickpeas and Roti

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi- hubby and i just got back from hospital ,my dear brother has a long road ahead of him .It was sad for me to see him on a ventilator but i sucked back the tears and didnt cry infront of him as he is looking all around ... gee life is tough sometimes

i hung a tiny bit of clothing out but it is still damp out supper like giseledta is BBQ hamburgers ,french fries and corn .I cant wait to have my first bbq of the season .

I better go get some cleaning done ,maybe the washrooms ,one at least .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hi- hubby and i just got back from hospital ,my dear brother has a long road ahead of him .It was sad for me to see him on a ventilator but i sucked back the tears and didnt cry infront of him as he is looking all around ... gee life is tough sometimes

i hung a tiny bit of clothing out but it is still damp out supper like giseledta is BBQ hamburgers ,french fries and corn .I cant wait to have my first bbq of the season .

I better go get some cleaning done ,maybe the washrooms ,one at least .
    So sorry to hear about your brother coupon girl ..sending my thoughts and prayers and hope everything works out for him ..yes ..life is tough sweetie but i always try looking on the brighter side ..there’s people out there that got it 10 times harder then me ...so thats what helps me keep going on ..dont give it ..we never knows what life is going to throw at us ..we have be strong and keep one foot head of us ..have wonderful day sweetie and enjoy your bbq .happy sunday
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks newfiescreetch -Yes I am usually always a positive person and I live by the theory try to be there for others . I did stop at my dear sister-in-law's and took her the laundry I did for her -she thanked me

Cant wait to bbq -yummmmm just made them this morning ,gonna freeze a few also
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we decided not to bbq. i need to give it a good cleaning first.

coupon girl..... hugs. many hugs
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@coupon girl - I'm sorry to hear that your brother is fighting such a battle. Sending you my support and prayers for you all.
    Well, my move has not been very frugal but I have put an add on Kijiji to pass forward the packing boxes I have used with the proviso that the person receiving them pass them on too. Have given away 2 bundles so far.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see my financial advisor to get info about setting up a Registered Disability Savings Plan for my brother and also to check out my situation. My US pension has been cut off for the moment. And my rental situation has doubled -so -lean times at the moment.

Have to pay some bills since my other pensions have come in.

I'm watching your frugal ideas like a hawk. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas and examples!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy monday all!!! it is looking grey and ick out there . i hope the sun comes out.

my plan is to go to the park this morning. i need to clean out the fridge today. do up the meal plan for the week. i am sure it will be a busy week.
    i need to stay on top of something for my mom. it concerns my dads esate and sadly is not being resolved. nothingmy mom can do , , we just need to stay on top of the bank. pure silliness on their park.

tonight hubby and i will go for a walk before supper. we need to start getting out for more walks. it will be good for us.

i should check to see what coupons are new.... hmmm

hugs to all
    Last edited by Giseledta; Mon, Apr 8th, 2019 at 07:45 AM.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information