User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I actually found a Farm Boy flyer in this week's community paper bundle and noticed that the May hot bar feature is Fiesta Mexicana of 5 or so dishes. Think that is my May goal, to have lunch at Farm Boy!

Will play Friday depending on the weather-not having a certain schedule as planned meeting has been cancelled. If Ms. Sunshine is not outdoing any Rain, I'll be indoors and mending or making something. Have to shine my dress shoes.

Bank statements came in the mail. Have to ensure that Mom matches bills with last month's bank statement. Trying to get her to post some necessarysocial correspondence is like fighting fog. Not sure what her resistance issues are but she seems to rather watch tv or get away from ME. Sibling is of no assistance.

Tonight will be two cups of tea night with loads of sugar. Have an inspired evening, everyone!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, May 2nd, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Off to a good start of not spending money. So far no money out in May. I won’t be able to say the same Friday as I need to hit Costco. Off to check the Sobeys flyer and thanks for the TOD reminder it does not seem like May.
    Giseledta, wendymac, ROMEO and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cut 12" off my hair tonight to donate. I’d been growing it out for 2-3yrs in order to donate it for cancer wigs. It just barely goes back in a pony tail. It'll take some getting used to. I'm happy it's as long as it is. She said I can come back and get more layers in the next week, if I decide that I want more.
    Name:  C11CCDDE-BCE9-41A2-AA30-3B9A649FB3D6.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  349.9 KB
    Name:  432625E7-BACF-4380-9D04-82BE6C02E361.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  497.4 KB
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all . i have full blowen tummy upset. i think i should have called in for work... sigh.. hindesight is 20 20 . it is going to be a long, long day i suspect.

free dump day is monday. i will start putting stuff out tonight. i have a few things on the deck, and a few in the backyard.

tomorrow we go to my moms, again, and help with this project. honestly i am gettting burnt out a bit.

not sure what everyones plans are ... youngest is out with a friend tonight. , middle not sure. oldest works.
    hubby works. i work. and rain is frecast till 10 am . might be a inside day.

not sure about groceries this weekend. i need to do a full fridge check up. after i feel better
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Rainy day here today. I'm still hopeful it will be a nice weekend.

DS has a PA day today that we only remembered when I was waking him up lol. At least he didn't jump in the shower then remember. So he gets a lazy day.

I went to No Frills last night and spent $13 and change. Then to the LCBO to buy 2 bottles of wine. One for my bestie for her wedding anniversary next week and one to have on hand.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my fever finally broke ,but my son still needed me to babysit today ,they have no backup ,but I at least had my energy back and rested when cara slept 2 hours
    I gave her a small quick bath as she had the messiest poo ever up near her lower back ,gee its so fun reliving the baby years thru my lovely granddaughter she is 17 months now and she always is smiling for me ,today we played playdoh,crayola pets that you can marker then wash it off in a tiny bathtub ,we danced .

I came home and daughter greeted us at 5.30 as she had a wedding shower in our city ,then she will sleep the night and pick up her hubby and Sebastian at the go train on Saturday -love seeing my daughter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught two days this week. After I got home today I sold something for $80.

That took some work but I made out with some great deals at Sobeys. Spent $102.34 - $20 gc from promo, earned 367 Air Miles, redeemed two rain checks, and used $2 coupon.
    $38.63 in Air Miles earned.

I had difficulty finding the proper trays of $1.99/lb chicken thighs. There weren’t many in the display case and the top 3 were priced at $26-$27 each. The sticker said boneless skinless chicken thighs, but they clearly were not. I brought it to a fill and put it as a separate transaction in order to simplify things. The manager relabeled the tray and then allowed me to SCOP it, value of $6.85. I’m happy with that. It’s already bagged and in the freezer.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, May 3rd, 2019 at 11:02 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good early, early morning, everyone. I have been working all night at my computer but it is to call it quits because I just made a bonehead mistake due to nothing except tiredness. That means I could easily do more damage than good by forcing myself to continue work. Of course, dislodging two dogs from my side of the bed seems like work as well. Do people here dream at night? Almost every night, I dream in technicolor, which almost makes up for how mundane the subject matter is...like wandering about the house looking for something or reading a magazine. Tonight, I will fall asleep with thoughts filled with flying so that, maybe, maybe, my dreams will take the clue and let me fly over rooftops. Those dreams happen rarely but they are wonderful when they do. Good night, everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

WendyMac - yep. dreams.. full color.. very detailed.

ok. another day at my moms. honestly. hope it goes fast. i feel like .. crap. i am not even sure i should go over feeling like this .. but i cannot expect my family to do this without me.

the majority of dump stuff has been taken out... some stuff has already been picked up by the pickers. we have a bit more to put out. and someone is coming hopefuy for the gazebo . if not... it goes out tomorrow.

i am pretty sure tonight is going to be self serve.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I spent the last week out of town for work which caused me some concern before going as I booked myself 2 back to back busy weeks which meant I could not adjust my schedule if I had bad days. The good news is I got through the last 2 weeks and am feeling amazing, aside from being tired which I can handle. Although feeling better has been a challenge in the fact that now that I feel well cravings are back and it is hard to stick to a strict diet cause it is like "well maybe I will be okay if I eat it." But I stuck with my diet and didn't give in to my cravings.

I was in my cousin's branch but opted to stay in a hotel. Thursday night after work I went to my cousin's house to see his kids and ended up staying way longer than I had planned as his wife was not feeling well and he was out of town. It was a great visit but I am not so far behind at work as I had a stack of work to get done Thursday night. The Friday I was only in the branch for a short period of time as I had to head back as I had a meeting here at 2, so most of my day was spent in the car and in meetings. So I am going to have to get some work done over the weekend.

I can admit I am feeling a lot of pressure at work due to my time off for my surgery, I know I need the surgery and cannot put it off but I am really worried about having all of my stuff wrapped up and ready to go before I am off.

Last night on the way home I stopped at the store just to grab a couple of things. I grabbed a couple of bags of fries as I have seriously been craving fries which are a big no no, but I have discovered I can eat oven fries. I also grabbed a packaged of mushrooms as I did not know if we had any at home. I will plan a larger shop for later in the week after I look at the flyers.

Not much else going on, I am really trying to find ambition to get some work done. I feel I will be lacking ambition all day as I slept in today, which I know my body needed but whenever I sleep in I always have a slow no ambition day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshley - you are very luck y to be able to eat oven fries.... or maybe i was just unlucky with my gall bladdder.. by the end... it was water.. and soda crackers... if i got wild i could eat a few no name ritz.... wild times...

ok done with my mom. need to go back tomorrow night.. bring her milk. move the couch.
    i did shopping at the gr store after. sent a question to PC iinsiders... hope they get back to me fast...
    stoped at scholars choce, and dollerama. and done. i am home.

my mom gave me 2 huge jugs of steam cleaner stuff. since she has no carpets she wont need it.
    i am hopefully going to tack le the hallway in 30 .. .
    i have meds in me.. so i dont feel so horrid.

thats it for me.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi all. I don't where to put this notice but the sites are cool and I thought it might help Amazon shoppers save a bit of money. camelcamelcamel.com is a price tracker for Amazon items, and reviewmeta.com helps to spot fake reviews. I found this article to be very useful "Pro Tips for Shopping Safe on Amazon" https://www.wired.com/story/how-shop-safe-amazon/ Have a great and sunny weekend, everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening went out for supper with daughter /Sebastian and hubby my daughter used her 50.00 giftcard we gave her for xmas and we paid the rest with the tip 18.00
    my son-in-law was at a friends house and is staying overnight as he had Sebastian last night and half of today -lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner was burgers using buns that were on their last legs. We are really trying to control food waste for so many reasons so it felt good to use them and the tomatoes up.
    Not much for groceries today and I used Air miles & one of the 5.00 gas Visas. I cowry those around and never remember them & then scramble to use them be fore they expire. My $10.00 Sobeys GC from the general mill promo arrived this week & I found the 30.00 Canadian Tire in my card holder tonight. Just in time because it expires Sunday. I never go to garage sales & today I went to a charity one and bought a box of 11 never used mason jars for 5.00, they were the wide mouth witch I love. I found a few other things and realized its something I should try on occasion because you never know what you will find.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I used the last of the ice melting salt i had bought over a year ago. Found ice melting jugs at RCSS for $1.94 rep price was over $9. I bought 4. Set for the 2019/2020 winter season.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information