User Tag List

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Flemeth - thanks.... i am going to play round with tose ideas. my youngest is .. vegiatarian leaning.. but doesnt like beans....lol.

Greentires4me.... how are you collecting the water....

ok.. weird weather day here. rain at some point.. i might take the kids for a good walk.. not sure. i do have a bit of mothers day stuff to finish up. and we should give the play room a good cleaning.

the lawn mower needs to go in . sigh. again. last year it needed to as well. have i mentioned how much i dislike lawn mowers.
    at some point i need to do some serious housework.. sigh.

ok. tea ready. on to tackle the day.
    wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ,will be off to the no frills this morning need to use some points and save money ,hoping to be back when my daughter calls on her way to airport .

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Flemeth - thanks.... i am going to play round with tose ideas. my youngest is .. vegiatarian leaning.. but doesnt like beans....lol.

ok.. weird weather day here. rain at some point.. i might take the kids for a good walk.. not sure. i do have a bit of mothers day stuff to finish up. and we should give the play room a good cleaning.

the lawn mower needs to go in . sigh. again. last year it needed to as well. have i mentioned how much i dislike lawn mowers.

It’s a hose off the portable AC unit into a small black bucket. I cannot figure out the settings probably help if I read the manual lol.

Also you can...drain the can of the chickpeas and pat with a towel or paper towel. Then toss in oil and your favourite spices. Then put in a 400 degree oven and cook for 45-50mins flipping after 20minutes then let cool before serving it’s called chickpea nibbles. It’s out of my recipe book “how it all vegan”

I used to vegan in my teens then in katimavik I was vegetarian. Then when I started culinary arts I was pushed by my chef into trying meat items we created. He was impressed by my vegetarian dishes I created and after I tried everything meat products while I was cooking in my personal life I stayed vegetarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Chick Peas I usually roast and turn into Roasted Chick Peas for snacking on, if you go on Pinterest there are hundreds of different flavour combo, most are to flavour like chips. Personally I like either Balsamic Vinegar or Garlic and Parm. Also I turn chick peas into Salad quite often, I like when they sit in a vinegar dressing. I am not sure if it is a German thing or not but my German Oma always made it for us was 3-Bean Salad, I am not big on third Bean (Right now, cannot even think of the third bean, might be kidney beans, but I would be wrong) so I usually just make it with Green or Yellow Beans and Chick Peas.

I have to admit Oma never really shared her recipes so now I find myself trying recipes I find online and tweaking them to be more like her recipes. I feel like she felt there would time later to show us all her tricks but that time never came before her memory was no longer there. Like the 3 Bean Salad, most recipes call for white vinegar, I have found to duplicate her Salad I need to use a mix of White & Apple Cider Vinegar with a higher ratio of Apple Cider Vinegar.

My side was a little iffy went to bed last night so I was worried it was going to be another rough night, good news is I did wake up in the middle of night with slight pain but nothing that kept me up for hours at a time. Now to hopefully get back into a better sleep pattern and get caught up on some sleep, I am starting to feel exhaustion is my natural state of being these days.

I have a late meeting at work today, well actually it is off site and out of town. Meeting does not start till 3 pm and not sure how long it will go they usually say an hour but I have had them last anywhere from an hour to 3 and then I will commute home. I might see how I feel and stop on the way home. Mom did our shopping yesterday but missed a few we need but not on sale items so I might stop and get those tonight if I feel up to it after my meeting.

Mom agreed to grocery shop yesterday on her way home from an appointment but then tried to talk me into going after work as the list was longer than she expected. She kept asking why we needed so much but 90% of the list was produce as that is what I am living off right now, pretty much all day I eat various fruits and veggies. I have always been a big fruit and vegetable eater but now I have increased my intake as Fruits and Veggies do not seem to set off my side. This means some days I do not have a "lunch" as much as I just snack on fruit and veggies all day. Plus Salad is huge for me right now, I turn everything into a salad.

Not much else going on right now which is nice. I am going to write myself a to do list for work, right now I am stuck there is one big project on my plate but I need someone else to do their part first so I am just in a waiting pattern. I would really like to get this project off my plate before my surgery if possible.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Giseledta-this soup is delicious- my picky 19 year old loves it. The recipe calls for 4 cans of black beans but I just use 2-one pureed, the other not. I use powdered chicken broth as that is what I usually have on hand( in place of the vegetable broth).

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25...ack-bean-soup/

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i went grocery shopping at nofrills paid $17.06 after 80.00 in points off =gotta love 100.56 in groceries and only paying 17.06 after checkout51 and caddle factor in
    a few good deals I got
    tim hortons bag of coffee p.m metro 5.99-1.00 cpn=4.99
    2-energizer batteries 9 volt and 2AAA 2.00-1.00 checkout51=1.00 each
    pringle new chips (forgot the name) p.m fortinos 1.69-.75 caddle=.94 each

oh and got 4 leftover snap containers for .50 each in the clearance shelf -gonna give my daughter and daughter-in-law one each

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks for all the hints guys!!! i need to do some exploring.

2 of my kids have joined a gym. and my middle one actually lost weight at collage. ... i am trying to add more veggies in to the menu. and more fruits. hubby and i both need to lose weight as well. part of that is late night snacking and lack of movement after work.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Giseledta my DD never like beans but start to like them when she made the choice of not eating fish or meat. And she would only eat them cooked certain ways. She only eat eggs in baked goods.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

ok... middle child came back from school with a few cans of chick peas... and a can of black beans...
    i sadly have never used either...

any ideas....
    Cold mixed bean salad with veggies (how about a variation of your pasta salad with bottled dressing but using those legumes?)
    I have made black bean puree too-that garlicky bean puree of Canadian Living's that is a substitute for mayo--so salty oily good!
    Found a Heart & Stroke black bean salad with pork and salsa! https://www.heartandstroke.ca/get-he...ack-bean-salad
    Could leave pork out and sub in some other protein...like those chick peas?
    I did not have luck using canned chickpeas for the one time I made falafels-each "patty" disintegrated into oily particles once the patties hit the hot oil...so not going to advise making those!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    today was do nothing day...besides sit in front of the AC. While everyone else was melting in my building I was freezing. It crazy humidity out here. 24C felt like 27C currently sits at 22C outside. Most of my province sits with a category 2 fire ban. And there is watering ban in effect as well as we can only water once a week. I must check on my small black bucket to see if need to dump the water. I wanted this bigger blue bucket from Home Depot but it veto by my mother yesterday. So I have this small black bucket from dollar tree.

Well take care to all you that feel like crap-ola.

Anyways I must see how much water I collected laters for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just reading those weather reports reminds me of mid-June 2018 in Southern Ontario. I am not ready for any humid weather (might find A/C of interest for a couple of hours but then I'll be freeze-dried chilled) whatsoever.

Any chance of obtaining Uniqlo Airism tops or shirts to help keep you cool? Since mail order is a thing for Uniqlo since late fall.
    Giseledta, wendymac and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

thanks for all the hints guys!!! i need to do some exploring.

2 of my kids have joined a gym. and my middle one actually lost weight at collage. ... i am trying to add more veggies in to the menu. and more fruits. hubby and i both need to lose weight as well. part of that is late night snacking and lack of movement after work.
    Ricardo has been promoting his Vegetables First cookbook in English (the French edition came out last year) and the Toronto Star published a recipe yesterday, so here it is: https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...our-first.html

Maybe the library has copies to loan?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hamilton SCers! Bay Gardens (Hamilton site this time) is doing another Fallsview Shuttle run May 23. RSVP deadline is today:
    https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=HBUWVB9fSCk
    (Sorry for the short notice-was checking Twitter and spotted the item).

I'll pass on this as I just attended a funeral today and was glad that the weather was holding for the service and later reception. Went to the nearby cemetery to see the grave and notice another relative's grave was nearby. Plan to return and explore that part of the cemetery on a contemplative visit.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found one of the $4.99 Vaseline Lotions I wanted at Rexall downtown, so got it as I'm low on lotion and trying to restore my skin to more moist than sandpaper status.

Did some grocery shopping yesterday-no Pepsi Throwback but since Wild Cherry Pepsi was on sale, I got one. Also got the 2 Papyrus greeting cards deal to score 300 bonus TYR pts at Longos. Was able to get a $10 redemption on my groceries as a result-very pleased. Cdn Tire had my liquid soap refills back on the shelf-yes! Used 20 cents CT money towards the bill.

Speaking of lawn mowers, I'll have to tackle the one side of the lawn I did not do last week and the front lawn (gets the most sunshine and parts of the front lawn has zoomed in grass growth!) tomorrow or Saturday. The ok mower will probably need the blade sharpened in the near future and maybe get an estimate on the wonky back wheel (from last July-not sure what I did) to fix it. The other mower still has wrong gas/oil issues. Have to remember to wash the foam filters from both mowers soon-never did it last year. I must have put too much oil (I did check the oil level and it seemed low...) in the lawn mower last week-I actually generated some smoke clouds from the exhaust while starting the machine!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's raining-free car wash time (now it's pouring in Ancaster!).

Have no idea what supper will involve unless it's pasta surprise (pasta and some leftover sauce with veggies and tex-mex cheese for the novelty factor-better than Kraft Dinner).

A dessert in Food and Drink uses cardamon chiffon cake for a trifle. I just need to read the recipe to see what I need to make the chiffon cake, as I like different flavours of this particularly easy to make cake. Feel like having cake for the weekend.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have some weekend reading-my library hold for Cooking on a Bootstrap (by the Tin Can Chef) came in! This is EXCITING!
    (still have to try her veggie burgers, so my tin of red kidney beans remains in the cupboard...).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information