User Tag List

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Question of the Day (July 24):
    You are on a boat (dinner cruise in your area or nearby region). Who would you LOVE to be the surprise cruise director/narrator on your trip?

Answer: Keanu Reeves
    Channing Tatum,Josh Harnett or definatly Chad Michael Murray hhahaha!!!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Today I went out to the bank and multiple stores on the way home. I stopped at head shop and picked up to clipper butane fuel cans, and 2 clipper lighters for $25.70. Next stop was vape shop where I bought bottle of sour smurf for $27. Then I went to shoppers and bought $100 amazon gift card, scope fixodent, 2 frozen meals, 2 gravol chewables as they were on sale, lightning cable 6ft & prana mixed nuts. She scanned something that gave me 15,000 pts and I also got 750pts. I was several dollars shy of the 20x offer I had for $60. Also @Cath I put the letter in the mail box at the shoppers as there is a post office there.

I came home it seems that people don’t pay attention to people at all in crosswalks that are lighted with flashing lights to boot. I been up and down the stairs 20x today since I got home. Where I was tired and sore today now I am just exhausted. I am still waiting on something but it’s only 7pm but it feels far later then that.

I go grocery shopping tomorrow I will clean out my fridge tonight I guess. I think I have lots to throw out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much!!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : so sorry you have to deal with that crap.Like coupon girl said feel free to rant it ,we are there for that too
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Saved a few pc offers yesterday,!!! I have good offers today!!! Did not feel like posting the last 2 days because I was sleeping and had a lack of Energy… I was very affected to read a cop suicide after the guy Turcotte affair(qc thing) and it remembered me of my brother..very sad and heart Breaking A restaurant we used to like my mother and I in the earlier 2000 years as closed due to insalubrity and lack of personal..not a lost...My right leg is healed so happy.Now to find that darn motivation to do Survey to have my 3 last magazines and writting to a bunch of compagnies in my list hahahah…
    Thanks god tomorrow is friday!!! Enjoyed yesterday and for lunch today some sushis because the deal on for metro is now wenesday 20 pieces for 9,99$ cannot beat that ..i bought the last 3 packages and kami sauce too. @gisel dta received your trade thanks and I received my trade for the wienners wow so fast super happy will go tomorrow for the sale at metro.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a earth Island FPC up to 14$ value to trade.Will like to trade this one for 2$wub2$ ziploc coupons and 1,50$ wub2 sunchips on tasty reward.( I would like a bunch of sunchip if the person is able to print)
    my e mail is : [email protected]

thanks
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jul 25th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just went to shoppers spent $68 on seniors day(I am getting an additional 3.50 from checkout51) got a 10.00 promo card for next time

This scanning code of practise seems to have changed in my shoppers or its not like I thought it use to be here is my storey
    I bought (1) 2 pkg of dove soap reg price 5.79 on sale 2/6.00 or 3.49 each
    I only bought the one so I told the girl it was 3.49 I even brought the shelf talker sale price up ,then I said scanning code of practise -nope the sale is still on you don't get it I was told
    So I called shoppers to explain it to me "they said if the sign was expired then you would get scanning code of practise) but it was still on sale just not inputed into the system " She then told me the policy has changed awhile back

Anyway I still submitted for the 1.50 from checkout51 so I paid 1.99 in the end for the 2 soap pkg.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Christmas in july this week end!!! QOTD: What are yours favorites Christmas movies???
    For me: The Elf,Miracle on the 34 street,The grinch,Christmas with the Kranks(so funny),Home Alone 1-2-3 , Tim Allen in Santa Clause and a bunch of other cannot remembering at this time..will be watching christmas movies this week end!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Movie Answer: that's a hard one! Cannot think of any title beyond Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a grand time doing the college Smart Start day with my friend who is going to school in September.Kind of wish I was going back to school too. Lots of questions and answers--some things have really changed (can no longer opt-out of the bus pass program-everyone has to use it).
    Also did our "summer" birthday present swap and Ms. Sunshine was shining all day (no rain-yippee)!

I am feeling a little tired and am pleased yesterday was another recovery day (no weeding in the garden).

Last night, I did a light shop at Walmart for $2 bag of apples, $2 bag of veggies (2 potatoes, red pepper and 4 zucchini I first thought were cucumbers) and three frozen lemonade concentrates. Saw that the San Pellegrino green tea and lemon cans were $3.97, so got one package too. Packed an apple with banana loaf for lunch today-perfect for a hot day.

Must head home (bus is coming soon) to change footwear and to head to my local (library). Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, everyone!
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am very frustrated with purina...I wrothe nice comments and what my cat use and eat and got only 3$ off coupons ...when I see in fb English couponning group they have to trade like 40$ coupons on purina proplan and 28$ litter coupons...is that complain coupons or they are writting more nice comments than me??? I can really use these coupons ...That sucks….and I have no clue on why they got those coupons …???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I really thought about posting or not positing. One of my big goals for this year was to be more positive and to worry less, well then life happened and I tried to stay positive and weather the storm but to be honest it just keeps getting worse.

Mom has officially given up, she has not found a new job and has given up her search. She is also as she put it done with where she is working now and I think it shows, I get it she is upset about things they have done but I see it as this is what you have work with, she does not feel the same. I am pretty sure she is being treated the way she at work due to her attitude, I thought the attitude was only at home towards me but nope. She has conflict with most of her co workers, all of a sudden feels she has the right to say whatever is on her mind and then cannot figure out why she is getting no shifts or crap shifts. She also says she is getting in trouble for little things which I think again is a result of her attitude, she went off the assistant manager on the weekend and then this week they are all over her. Honestly she doesn't want to be there and I think due to her attitude they are now trying to push her out but I cannot say any of this to her as every time I open or do not open my mouth the fight start.

Mom is not willing to fake how she feels where is me on the other hand has become an expert at this. I am literally so stressed I can cry at the drop of a hat (I am one of those people I do not cry cause you hurt my feelings I cry when I am angry or frustrated) but I save that for when I am alone, at work I am all smiles and act as if nothing is going on. At home I also must fake how I feel if Mom is home because if I show any emotion the fight starts. Funny thing is I am not sleeping (it is 100% stress related) but Mom thinks I am getting so much sleep as most nights I get to a point where I cannot take it and just go to bed, I do not sleep but I go to bed.

I am trying so hard to be positive and upbeat but it just feels like literally everywhere I turn there is an issue. I have so much on my plate I cannot keep up at working so I am working 24/7 to keep up, then I am freaking about money as every time I turn around more $$ are needed, nothing gets done at home unless I do it and I still have one more week of restrictions. I literally cannot say anything at home, everything I say sets off a fight, if I am stressed I have nothing to be stressed about, if I am tired there is no reason for me to be tired and so on.

We went 2 days not talking because I said no. Mom told me all these things she needed to buy but then said she was not going to ask me to borrow money (yippee) because there is no way she can pay me back so she won't ask to borrow instead can be she have $$$. I said no which resulted in us not speaking.

As well now I have noticed the less she works the less she does anything else. She is doing nothing at home as either she does not feel well, she is pain or well there is always tomorrow. So now I am trying to get caught up on the housework, well what I can do until my restrictions are lifted.

I am just so frustrated, I even give her money to do the grocery shopping and she doesn't go. She went out that day did a bunch of stuff with her friend but then tells me she didn't feel well and had to skip the shopping (although made it to other stores with her friend) so I ended up shopping on way home from work at 8 pm.

I am sorry to rant but I literally do not know what to do and I cannot say anything to anyone, if I say it to mom the fight starts, I cannot say anything at work and I cannot say anything to family as if I do and bro find out Mom will lose it on me.

I just feel I have no where to turn to even get a break, I am stressed at work because I am behind, I go home and either have to work or clean as our house is getting out of hand so for the last 2 weeks I have not had any time off. But then I have Mom who is booking off days left and center because she needs time off and need to just do nothing. I do not know maybe I am over thinking everything but I just find it so damn hard not be resentful that I am working my butt off and getting no where and others seem to get all the perks.

Sorry again for my rant. Have a great day everyone.
    perhaps it's time for you to think about moving out? Sometimes family can be worse than strangers and take advantage of us.....time to think about what is best for your health and well being. Your mom knows you do stuff so she doesn't have to. It almost sounds like she might be suffering from depression? can you discuss this with your family doctor?
    JadeAngel, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My guess is complaints or defective product for the higher value as it looks like they are covering the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am very frustrated with purina...I wrothe nice comments and what my cat use and eat and got only 3$ off coupons ...when I see in fb English couponning group they have to trade like 40$ coupons on purina proplan and 28$ litter coupons...is that complain coupons or they are writting more nice comments than me??? I can really use these coupons ...That sucks….and I have no clue on why they got those coupons …???
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Off to the library today got my 2 hold books and 2 movies -cant wait to watch "the mule" tonight

Then over to the bank rolled 25 in loonies so deposited it and cashed my checkout51 cheque of 20.75 .I then popped into Dollarama got 2 birthday throw in's for the grandkids moldable dough ,I think it was called morph 4.00 seen these else where for 10.00-12.00 plus 4mars bars for a snack 3.00 and wild bird seed

Then popped into fortinos and got some reduced carrots ,lettuce and some fruit and veggies and nuts cashed in 20.00 so spent 19.40.

Then popped into mcdonalds for a free vanilla cone as I donated 2.00 a few months back and got more than 5.00 in free items -only good til aug30 thou ,then home for the day .
    what did you think of the movie The Mule? I loved it
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I used to price machine and go to several stores but since my accident, my shopping is very limited now. I shop at Fortinos who honours incorrectly marked products - free up to $10. I shop at Shoppers for seniors day and have saved a small fortune buying Kirkland toilet paper at Costco. When you factor in time and gas, travelling across town to get a deal is not worth it in my opinion, unless I am already in the area. Surprisingly I am saving more money now as I do less trips to stores.

I am missing the Shoppers promo today but next flyer seniors day has a 10,000 pts promo.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My guess is complaints or defective product for the higher value as it looks like they are covering the cost.
    My guess also I ask their the question...will see the response.On another note my printer dont respond and refuse to cooperate like all the time..I think it is a computer pc problem not the printer so i wont be hassle to buy a new one...

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information