User Tag List

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to the library today got my 2 hold books and 2 movies -cant wait to watch "the mule" tonight

Then over to the bank rolled 25 in loonies so deposited it and cashed my checkout51 cheque of 20.75 .I then popped into Dollarama got 2 birthday throw in's for the grandkids moldable dough ,I think it was called morph 4.00 seen these else where for 10.00-12.00 plus 4mars bars for a snack 3.00 and wild bird seed

Then popped into fortinos and got some reduced carrots ,lettuce and some fruit and veggies and nuts cashed in 20.00 so spent 19.40.

Then popped into mcdonalds for a free vanilla cone as I donated 2.00 a few months back and got more than 5.00 in free items -only good til aug30 thou ,then home for the day .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am large copious amounts of pain today it’s my knee and my back all at once. Considering it’s now 12pm and I haven’t left my apartment at all. I asked my mom for a ride to my doctors office tomorrow she said yes. I didn’t ask in such of way of begging or pleading which normally happens. I just told her the truth and she was like okay. I need to go to the bank to get my money but it’s in the middle of town across the street from the Walmart/mall. There used to be an RBC atm in shoppers and I liked bypassing town to go there. Today is the optimum day to go out it’s only 17C but it said humidity is 70% so I guess that would be close to some rain clouds. I usually go to bank on pay day at 7am. But with how I changed my sleeping cycle now I am with the crowd of people using the bank. And I don’t do crowds normally. I’m so sore and feel like that green charActer from the 70s I forget his name. I want to be able to have things on hand like food to eat, a new phone/lightning cable, and some money for in case. I know I can go to superstore tomorrow I can ask because she has wheels and transport my groceries is key.

Anyways maybe I will get dressed and go to the bank so it can be handy to have laters for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Life has pretty much been insane as always, I need a vacation but we have so much on the go and with our current deadlines I just cannot find a time that will not cause me to miss a deadline.

The last two nights have been insane, both nights after work I have gone grocery shopping. Monday night after my meeting I went to Food Basics and mostly picked up produce:
    Blueberries
    Raspberries
    Bananas
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Lemons
    Limes
    Peaches

I also grabbed a Box of Mini Wheats since I discovered we have no cereal in the house I eat. As well I also grabbed more Chick Pea and Kidney Beans, the Chick Peas are for me to make Salad and Mom likes Kidney Beans.

The last night after work I went to No Frills, this was a bit bigger shop:
    Mushrooms
    Zucchini
    Cantaloupe
    Broccoli
    Bread (both mine & mom's)
    Sausage Buns
    Hamburger Buns
    4 x Maple Cheerios (Mom is obsessed with these)
    2 x Nachos
    2 x Balsamic Vinegar
    Milk
    Sandwich Mean (Roast Beef, Salami, Chicken, Mom has been eating a ton of sandwiches)

All and all it was a good shop, I am happy with what I got everything was one sale and a few items lined up with my PC Points.

As well I have been trying to keep on top of the housework, I am still limited on what I can do but I have been keeping on top of the dishes and last night out of pure frustration I took out all of the recycling in our house (more on this later).

I will probably post a separate post later about some other things going on. Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... I've been busy planning a shop with tons of fresh stuffs for my family friend since I can't make it over in the next two weeks (Work has actually been giving me a decent amount of shifts now, and on the week of Aug 4th, I've got 40hrs which is nice)... Her list that I've got down so far is;

Oranges: $0.88/lb Food Basics
    Lean Ground Beef: $2.88/lb Food Basics + 200Pts/$1 Offer
    Papaya: $0.99/lb Food Basics
    Cauliflower (?): $1.99 Fortinos
    Green Grapes: $1.00/lb Freshco (My RCSS wants something like $3.98/lb right now for these)
    Blueberry Pints: $1.44 Giant Tiger
    Celery Bunch (She loves her celery): $0.99 Metro + 300Pts/1 Offer
    Green Beans: $0.99/lb Metro
    Hothouse/Beefsteak Tomatoes: $0.99 OR $1.00/lb Metro/No Frills/Freshco
    Yellow Peaches (?): $1.00/lb No Frills
    Red Peppers (4pk): $2.00 No Frills (Same 4 peppers would cost over $8.00 at RCSS!!!)
    Romaine Lettuce: $0.98 RCSS
    Cherries (?): $1.65/lb Walmart + 200Pts/$1 Offer
    GO Basa Fillets (340g): $2.00 Freshco (Cheaper equivalent than the $10 pack at RCSS)
    Minute Maid Frozen Juices: $0.50 No Frills/Freshco
    Olymel Bacon (375g?): $2.99 Metro (Too bad that $1.00 coupon is gone)
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Question of the Day (July 24):
    You are on a boat (dinner cruise in your area or nearby region). Who would you LOVE to be the surprise cruise director/narrator on your trip?

Answer: Keanu Reeves
    Retro TV shows The Love Boat. So it would have to be Captain Stubing

Name:  merrill-stubing-the-love-boat.gif
Views: 3182
Size:  539.2 KB
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. Sitting in the hallway of hotel drinking a beer while my friends 2 year olds sleep. She went to get chips lol.
    I gambled while she put them to sleep and am up over $100 so im happy with that!!!
    Tomorrow we head to Santa's villiage.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I went out to the bank and multiple stores on the way home. I stopped at head shop and picked up to clipper butane fuel cans, and 2 clipper lighters for $25.70. Next stop was vape shop where I bought bottle of sour smurf for $27. Then I went to shoppers and bought $100 amazon gift card, scope fixodent, 2 frozen meals, 2 gravol chewables as they were on sale, lightning cable 6ft & prana mixed nuts. She scanned something that gave me 15,000 pts and I also got 750pts. I was several dollars shy of the 20x offer I had for $60. Also @Cath I put the letter in the mail box at the shoppers as there is a post office there.

I came home it seems that people don’t pay attention to people at all in crosswalks that are lighted with flashing lights to boot. I been up and down the stairs 20x today since I got home. Where I was tired and sore today now I am just exhausted. I am still waiting on something but it’s only 7pm but it feels far later then that.

I go grocery shopping tomorrow I will clean out my fridge tonight I guess. I think I have lots to throw out.

Live, Love, Laugh

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    In today's Toronto Star: Ellen Roseman's column on SCOP and self-checkouts (Walmart) https://www.thestar.com/life/advice/...canadians.html
    Gave that little article a read and it really is sad how people simply seem to "trust" their grocery stores for not only things like this, but for the best prices. I always see people doing their shops and paying upwards into the hundreds of dollars for one little cart worth, or a few bags only... While I'm out helping my friend and we get two carts filled to the brim for the same or a lot less. I will always try to "educate" or help out others with their groceries, whether it's offering a coupon for something they're buying or in one case helping someone with their price matching to bring out even better deals than they had ready. I just wish that people would take a tiny tiny bit of time to at the very least, know what is a good deal and what is not. It can seem daunting to try to coupon to others, but in the end, it is one of the most important things everyone should know (IMO).

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Only 2 more days of work until I am off for two weeks. Woo hoo. Fridge and freezer are pretty empty. Kids are down to the last cantaloupe and I will be taking a cucumber slices with some guacamole as my snack for lunch.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I also think you need to factor in what is important to people. For me saving money is a huge but my sister is all about how much her time is worth. For her she is all about my time is worth more. She has a $ figure in her mind of what her time is worth and in her mind a lot of things are not worth her time and grocery shopping is one. She uses online ordering (I think Loblaws, but I could be wrong) as she feels her time is worth more than spending time in a store. She feels she saves money by not wasting her time in the grocery store and can therefore use her time for something more important.

Me on the other hand went to 2 different stores this week and Price Matches a number of items including some to mach up with my PC points.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Gave that little article a read and it really is sad how people simply seem to "trust" their grocery stores for not only things like this, but for the best prices. I always see people doing their shops and paying upwards into the hundreds of dollars for one little cart worth, or a few bags only... While I'm out helping my friend and we get two carts filled to the brim for the same or a lot less. I will always try to "educate" or help out others with their groceries, whether it's offering a coupon for something they're buying or in one case helping someone with their price matching to bring out even better deals than they had ready. I just wish that people would take a tiny tiny bit of time to at the very least, know what is a good deal and what is not. It can seem daunting to try to coupon to others, but in the end, it is one of the most important things everyone should know (IMO).
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I really thought about posting or not positing. One of my big goals for this year was to be more positive and to worry less, well then life happened and I tried to stay positive and weather the storm but to be honest it just keeps getting worse.

Mom has officially given up, she has not found a new job and has given up her search. She is also as she put it done with where she is working now and I think it shows, I get it she is upset about things they have done but I see it as this is what you have work with, she does not feel the same. I am pretty sure she is being treated the way she at work due to her attitude, I thought the attitude was only at home towards me but nope. She has conflict with most of her co workers, all of a sudden feels she has the right to say whatever is on her mind and then cannot figure out why she is getting no shifts or crap shifts. She also says she is getting in trouble for little things which I think again is a result of her attitude, she went off the assistant manager on the weekend and then this week they are all over her. Honestly she doesn't want to be there and I think due to her attitude they are now trying to push her out but I cannot say any of this to her as every time I open or do not open my mouth the fight start.

Mom is not willing to fake how she feels where is me on the other hand has become an expert at this. I am literally so stressed I can cry at the drop of a hat (I am one of those people I do not cry cause you hurt my feelings I cry when I am angry or frustrated) but I save that for when I am alone, at work I am all smiles and act as if nothing is going on. At home I also must fake how I feel if Mom is home because if I show any emotion the fight starts. Funny thing is I am not sleeping (it is 100% stress related) but Mom thinks I am getting so much sleep as most nights I get to a point where I cannot take it and just go to bed, I do not sleep but I go to bed.

I am trying so hard to be positive and upbeat but it just feels like literally everywhere I turn there is an issue. I have so much on my plate I cannot keep up at working so I am working 24/7 to keep up, then I am freaking about money as every time I turn around more $$ are needed, nothing gets done at home unless I do it and I still have one more week of restrictions. I literally cannot say anything at home, everything I say sets off a fight, if I am stressed I have nothing to be stressed about, if I am tired there is no reason for me to be tired and so on.

We went 2 days not talking because I said no. Mom told me all these things she needed to buy but then said she was not going to ask me to borrow money (yippee) because there is no way she can pay me back so she won't ask to borrow instead can be she have $$$. I said no which resulted in us not speaking.

As well now I have noticed the less she works the less she does anything else. She is doing nothing at home as either she does not feel well, she is pain or well there is always tomorrow. So now I am trying to get caught up on the housework, well what I can do until my restrictions are lifted.

I am just so frustrated, I even give her money to do the grocery shopping and she doesn't go. She went out that day did a bunch of stuff with her friend but then tells me she didn't feel well and had to skip the shopping (although made it to other stores with her friend) so I ended up shopping on way home from work at 8 pm.

I am sorry to rant but I literally do not know what to do and I cannot say anything to anyone, if I say it to mom the fight starts, I cannot say anything at work and I cannot say anything to family as if I do and bro find out Mom will lose it on me.

I just feel I have no where to turn to even get a break, I am stressed at work because I am behind, I go home and either have to work or clean as our house is getting out of hand so for the last 2 weeks I have not had any time off. But then I have Mom who is booking off days left and center because she needs time off and need to just do nothing. I do not know maybe I am over thinking everything but I just find it so damn hard not be resentful that I am working my butt off and getting no where and others seem to get all the perks.

Sorry again for my rant. Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh so sorry sassy ,maybe in time you can come to a resolution with your mom ,feel free to rant we are hear for you .You shouldn't have to take on everything .

Decided to condense go thru items started in my china cabinet -I sure don't need a silver plated coffee set (a gift from my 25th anniversary I never used it -donation here I come ,plus I don't like fake flowers anymore had a glass candle display with fake flowers around the bottom -off to value village it goes.

I put 2 more items on kijiji ,lets see if anyone bites

Ordered 2 pairs of shorts for hubby from the bay today he doesn't care for the cargo ones anymore -plus they are from sellers so they are pretty old ,plus ordered a pair of elita briefs for me a splurge in my mind 10.00 a pair (hey we all need the odd splurge right)and hot socks for me fun gumball ones
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I also think you need to factor in what is important to people. For me saving money is a huge but my sister is all about how much her time is worth. For her she is all about my time is worth more. She has a $ figure in her mind of what her time is worth and in her mind a lot of things are not worth her time and grocery shopping is one. She uses online ordering (I think Loblaws, but I could be wrong) as she feels her time is worth more than spending time in a store. She feels she saves money by not wasting her time in the grocery store and can therefore use her time for something more important.

Me on the other hand went to 2 different stores this week and Price Matches a number of items including some to mach up with my PC points.
    Much the same with my parents. They use the RCSS Online Shopping a lot of the time, but not only because of the time value of money factor, but because my mom can't do the shopping and my dad isn't great yet with it. So she shops for everything online and they go to pick it up instead. But whenever I'm over to visit, they let me take over the shopping. And then there is our family friend who despite seemingly never having the time to shop on her own (she does work, and tries to run her crazy household), she still tries to make the time and understand the value behind couponing now. So whenever I'm over, she's much happier and less stressed since I'm able to help her save more money (you know what they say, two heads are better than one!)
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Highlights from last night’s shopping trip

I SCOPed a 230g bag of beef jerky at WM last night. Scanned at $10.97, price tag $9.97, so I got it for free. I’m getting quite a collection of free beef jerky from various SCOPs at WM this summer.
    $5.97 Cheese Whiz - $5 coupon (I traded for it)

No Frills
    4x $1.97 Dawn - $0.50 coupon
    3x $2.97 Tide scent free dye free detergent + 800pts personal offer - $3 wub2 coupon
    2x $2 strawberries 1lb
    2x $2 Driscoll’s strawberries 1lb - $0.50 coupons

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

This Friday starts dollar days at my no frills.

With the way things are I cannot be bothered to grocery shop multiple places. I used to do it quite frequently but now I am in pain and things are not happening like they used to. I was going to get up and go to Walmart but I stayed in bed rolled over and went back to sleep. I forgot to save some offers on PC. I looked at my new offers there is 5 food items and they rest are all things I cannot eat. Ugh.

I gotta quickly clean out my fridge and make a grocery list or add on to the grocery list I already have. Then I think I have to leave for my doctors office. My mom is picking me up.

My friend Tracy is playing at the mission folk fest and wants me to pay $90 to go see her preform. I didn’t allocate that in my budget. So I told her no. She is mad that no one from this building is going to see her preform.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Jul 25th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information