User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've kickstarted the October thread, so we're ready for October 1.
    Angela273, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Say, humidity is coming back to Southern Ontario! Temperature is to be a high of 19C on Sept. 29 then we are back to temps feeling like 31C, 31C and 33C for Sept. 30 to Oct.2! Best to stock up on beverages or mixes or frozen things! I needed to print off the weather forecast and had to double-check that I was seeing temps as above 30C! Thought we might get that as a ha-ha around Thanksgiving, but summer is BACK!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Paid my bills at 3:30am. Pulled out money this morning at 6am and went to shoppers at 9am. I bought 3 more of those lights. Then sold one for $5 to someone who was really interested in it.

I bought make up and perfume for Tracy. I suppose that was what the money was for that I got yesterday.

I had 20x points offer when spend $60. I definitely made it 3,075 regular points and 58,425 digital offer earned 61,500 in total. And saved $36.18.

I’m going grocery shopping on Friday with my mom. I’m exhausted I maybe slept 7hours. Feels later then it is. I am going to pretend I am not home unless it’s a text message or a phone call. I turned off my buzzer and knock on my door all anyone wants I’m not home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I noticed I am money thight for the rest of my studies and that stress me a lot...maybe I will have to take 1 year off to work to make money this summer and the upcoming year for my dep in secretary so that stress me a lot....make me sick to my stomach...did not needed that crap
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I noticed I am money thight for the rest of my studies and that stress me a lot...maybe I will have to take 1 year off to work to make money this summer and the upcoming year for my dep in secretary so that stress me a lot....make me sick to my stomach...did not needed that crap
    @cath007 , is there any way to work part time and go to school part time? Is there someone at the school who you can talk to about this? Financial aid? Student services department?
    Ciel, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Say, humidity is coming back to Southern Ontario! Temperature is to be a high of 19C on Sept. 29 then we are back to temps feeling like 31C, 31C and 33C for Sept. 30 to Oct.2! Best to stock up on beverages or mixes or frozen things! I needed to print off the weather forecast and had to double-check that I was seeing temps as above 30C! Thought we might get that as a ha-ha around Thanksgiving, but summer is BACK!
    i need o finish up the icecream in the freezer. lol.
    and i got a call from my beef lady.. delovery in 2 week. i need to inventory the freezer , and give it a good orgaize. that will be a this weekend job.
    and hopefully work outside a bit...
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thursday already! Work lunch today but it is a free lunch so that is good.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m awake early again I had really bad nightmares when I woke up.

Last night I bought bacon cheeseburger pizza and shared it with Tracy.

It’s raining this morning it actually started last night around 5pm. I need more pop I wanted to wait until Friday but honestly I don’t want to buy single cans for $1.25 at the corner store where I could buy a case of 12 cans for $5 after tax. I might go to Walmart at 7am I saw they had stuffing on sale for $0.87. Not as good as no frills sale last Friday/Saturday for $0.50. But I some how can live off of stuffing through the holiday season. I cook it in broth instead of water. Only for the extra nutrients. I like their onion rings at Walmart as well. I might just say F it and do my shopping at Walmart. I will wrap all my groceries in a orange garbage bag so they don’t get wet.

I have another 20x the points offer tomorrow at shoppers when I spend $50. I am not sure what I would buy.

I get more money on next Friday because of GST it said $135.46 on the cra portal. I am hoping more grocery money to be honest.

I sold some items and made $120. I have 7 items left of that item.

Elise was bashing Tracy in my house the other day I told her just because you think what you see doesn’t mean you actually see it. Not that I didn’t agree with Elise about Tracy it’s just that seeing something is different then hearing about it. They obviously do not like each other it’s very straight to the point but they don’t or will not see it from each other’s points of view. They are so much a like that’s probably why they have a distaste for each other.

I made a poem the other day I will make a new post because this one is already long as it is.

barbis9, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s called Broken Doll

Days blur together
    I look out at busy skyline
    It doesn’t look like it used to
    Things have changed, I have changed.

I don’t recognize that person in the mirror.
    I don’t understand who that is looking back at me.

My thoughts funnel into a wine bottle of sand.
    They don’t come back to me at ALL
    There gone into that fine sand that falls through into the giant pool at the bottom.

I’m very sad,
    But everyone try’s to tell me I am strong,
    But strong at what?
    Strong that I cannot figure out what to say next.

Even the simplest tasks like tying a shoe is confusing.

This MRI is suppose to give results
    But I am giving my facts of what is happening now.

September 22 2019

Ciel, coupon girl, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I made it a point to have an envelope with photos ready to mail and took along a few low value stamps as the envelope is just under 30g for overseas mailing. Had the postal counter staff weigh it and the envelope is 32g so $3.80 of postage total is needed and I left the P-stamps at home. I'm nailing the "close but not done" ribbon today! So I will ensure a quick trot home soon to get the needed P-stamp and small value stamps on that envelope and into the mailbox before the 5pm pickup!

Last night, I had $1.35 in coins on me. Not enough for a Dollar Tree Coke purchase but happily, Cdn Tire sells 99 cents cans of Peace Tea and I bought one for $1.10. No treasure finds on the walk except two cans for refund. Noticed that Bouclair's store is vacant and up for lease. Think it (exodus/move-out) must have happened over the weekend. Walmart Supercentre still had part of its parking area unlit and some of the exterior signage also not lit. There had been a possible power outage a few days ago-entire parking lot was dark and the Walmart sign was dark but not the Live Better signage.

Finished most of the grasscutting last night-the bit left over will just have to wait until next week. Rain dripped and went and returned on and off around 7pm so I finished my raking after nabbing the laundry load on the lines then said I'm done mowing and put everything away.

This morning, I realized there were no eggs to use for a lemon loaf. That would have been lovely but I had my cup of tea with breakfast, so the world was still worth dealing with afterward. Bed linens got changed, used set laundered and dried. Realized that aside from one flannel set seen at Winners, I don't know where my new set will be found. It can wait one more month.

My monetary skills will be challenged soon. Because I turned down my monthly grocery money (Mom got large bills and she's done that a few times and it's a bother to go to the ATM to exchange bills for a small shop when she knows I like smaller bills), she said then I won't be getting funds. Thus I will be shopping the pantry, not worrying if household needs run down (backup options will be employed when necessary) and rethinking that $59.97 coat purchase at Walmart. At least personal care needs are covered for a month. I also won't be getting greeting cards or those things we run out of like garbage bags, because really each one of us in the house should know where they are sold.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from Lemon Tree Opinions that I won a $5 gc (chose Starbucks). Think it was connected to doing a survey a day prior. First time! Still pursuing cash contests and gift cards.
    barbis9, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy friday all.
    i am dead tired this am. i am totally ready for the weekend. i am pretty sure i will be binge watching some tv shows. lol.

ok. my day just became easier. so now to re do the day a bit as it were. but that is ok.

we are forecast for some rain later tonight
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I am looking forward to Netflix after dinner with my bestie. I got out of a late night which I am happy about. I can't do it tonight.

DS is on a PA day today. Lucky duck! He is busy playing/setting up his new phone we got last night. I will text him his chores for a reminder later.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It took me over 2hrs to harvest all of my tomatoes and pull out the plants. I harvested all of my tomatoes on Wednesday morning 45lbs of green tomatoes, about 20lbs of ripe and nearly ripe tomatoes. I sold a lot of them already. One lady is bringing me a fresh apple pie in exchange for some fresh tomatoes.

Some people are already requesting my red skinned potatoes and carrots. It’s currently raining. We are supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend. I’m hoping that it dries out next week. I still have some zucchini and Swiss chard to harvest. I’ll need to try to do that later today because we might get our first frost tonight.

The last day that I taught was on Tuesday. I’m waiting for phone calls. I currently don’t have any other days booked. I try to remember that September can be a particularly slow month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 27th, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went on my lunch break to iga and got 12 packs of barilla pasta for 0,25$ each after the 12 x 0,75$ coupons that expire on september 30,I still have 10 barilla coupons that expire december 31 .I bought penne and rigatoni for my sauce rosee
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS on my lunch break and bought 4 family trays of the BLSL chicken breasts on for $3.44LB Redeemed points and received points for personal offer on chicken. Win win! Love stocking up on free meat! It tastes much better when free!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information