User Tag List

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Currently sunny and a great temperature great to be outside and enjoy it!!!! I went with my father to my auntie house (first time I visit her house) we had a nice talk and chatted and we had lunch there (salmon,couscous ceasar salad,cheese and coconut frozen yogurt ,coffee) She give me 3 jars of ketchup fruits,3 jars of marinated zucchinni salsas (for hot dog and hamburgers) and 1 jar of spaghetti sauce. We will do christmas at her house this year!!!! Happy!!!! She even offered me next year to make the fruits ketchup with her because I love that,.She offered my father to go to costco with her because we dont have a membership card..I will go for salmon fish,cheese and desserts cannot wait!!!!

Thanks for the food ideas and for the wish of a speedy recovery
    Purchase 4 dvd at 5$ at wm but the remaining in the bin dont interesst me (they are old or boring)...will go to the librairy monday after school to subscribe and I will borrow dvds there

Alright time to get some fresh air outside
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath- i always pick movies from the library and put them on hold =free

I just went to fortinos and treated hubby and I to a margerita pizza $15.81-10.00 in p.c points=5.81 it was yummy
    plus grabbed a few specials while there yogurt and sliced cheese cracker barrell 2.99-1.00 cpn=1.99
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I bought my Christmas present in advance this year because I need it for school.Since it is 12 years I dont purchase myself some gifts at Christmas because of my depression I think it is well deserved.I went to Best Buy to purchase an apple i pod touch for music but i was not aware it is so much expensive ...yikes....283$..but it will be productive for me and last many years.I have 3 months of free i tune before I have to paid 10$ a month for a subscription.
    check spodify...
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I decided since its raining -I called hubby's sister and will meet her for lunch a family restaurant (my treat) and I will take her a gift as we missed her birthday in the fall a month and a bit ago (I have for her a lovley aveeno set with chap stick and socks ,so she will be ready for the cold months) she only has her brothers in her life and most don't bother with her,she never married or had kids.

She sounded so excited when I called her just now .Off I go ,looks like it may be clearing up.
    You are gold to someone like her!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Anyone have an idea of what I can eat with tooths extracted??? I am thinking warm soup and smoothies but I have no others ideas...
    Liquids, like Gatorade, tea (not too hot); chicken soup maybe on day two (when you will be sick of liquids). I agree with applesauce (warm, not cold). You probably won't want cold smoothies-I had an issue holding a bag with ice cubes against my face (but bag was in a facecloth) for a few minutes as I am sensitive to cold things. I spent most of time lying in bed. By end of day two, I was ready for soup and mashed potatoes! Of course, I had liquid Tylenol with codeine to help hold the pain down somewhat but I spent time mostly in bed.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

much better day. i took some meds before bed... sleep helps... so much!!!

taking meds tonight ... need a bit of catch up.

laundry on track for tonight....

youngest made supper tonight..

foodland has blue friday this friday.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While looking at grocery flyers, one site mentioned Tex Mex vegan stuffed peppers, triggering recall that I saved a non-vegan version of Tex Mex stuffed peppers from a magazine but never tried it. Considering that my last package of ground meat (2 x 454g + 300g ball) is thawed and waiting my attention in the fridge, my cooking plan is to make one batch of freezer meatballs and one batch of that Tex Mex stuffed pepper dish without the peppers. The meatballs will have to be made tonight. I like to finish them as Polynesian style meatballs but there is no pineapple at home (fresh or canned).

My body and joints are still railing over the long walks on Monday so I stayed home in the morning, did a walk to Longos for the flyer and some deals ($2.25 for five reduced price lemons, now juiced and freezing into cubes at home and 2 large bunches of celery for $3)--that is how I noticed Monopoly stickers around the plaza and on my travels and found two containers for the beer store deposit refund. Afternoon-running over dry leaves in the wind because one area of trees has 25% canopy left on branches but other tree stands are just getting started on dropping leaves. Felt good to see smaller leaf sections. Took a short break when I picked up the newspaper bundle with flyers (delivered before 3pm!) to read the offers and drink some sugar water. Finished running over the leaves, collected more branches (did a round in the morning because that wind was swaying branches every which way and the second mulberry tree was really moving (1/3 of base is rotten)-I want that thing to TIMBER this week so it can be cut and done with), did some raking and headed out. First stop-Dollarama for Grape Crush. Yes I drank it before I reached the library.

I had purchased Tim Horton's Cream of Broccoli tinned soup at Fortinos yesterday (on sale for $2.99-last day today?) and when I ate it last night, I noticed a heat in the flavour. Thought it might be onion powder but my tastebuds said, nope it's white pepper. Just a note to those of you familiar with soups--it's been a very long while since I had soup at Tim Hortons (I usually get their chili with the bun and butter). Anyway, with cracked wheat toast, the soup was warming last night. Decided to make an apple-raspberry crumble as well, so there was dessert much later!

High praise for Food Basics 99 cent Italian seasoning herb bag-it rocks! I've used it in Lipton's soup and seasoned my cooked pasta with it and butter-winning taste!

I purchased a second box of Nestle 50 ct chocolates at Food Basics-I must have got 51 pcs inside, so after 12 treat bags were made, I had 3 treats for me! Bonus chocolate is a good thing...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some notes about the Elita camisole top with support (aka shelf bra):
    Made in Canada! Surprise.
    My left shoulder found the strap irritating after two minutes. The nylon stitching is annoying my dry skin. Will see if moisturizer eases the itch but backup idea is to made fabric holders to go over the straps so I don't feel the stitches.
    While I have the extra room for the larger side, the support is not quite there as I went up one size to allow for any more size changes. However at least my left side is not getting strained by the other side with this top, unlike with the bra.
    wendymac, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Suffered from insomnia again last night with the stress of the dentist...not fun ..so I watched a movie eternal adeline very good movie.The dentist only extracted the most painfull and infected teeth it went good.But I am at 300$ with the x ray last time and have no insurances sigh that suck a lot.....It is still painfull and i was swollen until 2:30 this afternoon.I will have another appointement in 1 or 2 weeks for the other painfull 2 others ones (he do 1 at the time) I could go to class tomorrow but i am taking the day of to rest and do some bedrooms cleaning.Had quiche for dinner and will be for supper with gatorade and apple sauce.Tonight just tv and rest.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A brag about cogeco cable:Yesterday we went for lunch at my uncle and auntie house.We talked about the series and tv show we listened...And then my uncle ask us if we have hd channels..we said no the tv dont take it...so today my uncle said I will see that and he found we did not have the right decodor.....he called cogeco and we will have one for hd and recording too...score but the best...he negociated the contract for 25$ less PER MONTH !!!Happy!!!We will save a lot of money and have more and we can finally subscribe to super ecran for movies(more cheap than cinema) and afford it...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Secretary of the dentist call me : I have another appointement for an extration of an exo teeth october 30 at 8 AM....
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all...
    long day , but a good day.

tomorrow is a pd day . it should be fun!!!
    youngest is home.. i w ill send her to foodland for the 2 items for blue friday. and in the evening.. more like late afternoon.. i will do the concreate in the flag stone. and finish that off
    i am hopng to decorate as well.. sigh.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mom bought a new car I like it a lot better then her car before her car before was big and bulky. It’s 2017 Rav-4 it’s white. I am sitting at the dealership waiting for something or someone I figure . As the time ticks by my doctors appointment looms near which is at 12noon. Finally they come over to lend us a car. I see someone in the dealership that I know. Small world.

I’m at my doctors office and smells like jalapeños.

We went to sport check after I got a new jacket for fall as I only have a heavy winter jacket. Then went to superstore picked up some groceries.

I am waiting for package from purolator to get here.

I am very tired as I been all day out with my mom the loaner car was Prius very small compact car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good thing I had the 2lbs of ground beef-the freezer meatballs needed that much but there's no gravy (no beef consomme in the pantry). The remaining 300g-I cooked it with remaining half onion (chopped) and some Italian seasoning.

I glanced at the Tex-Mex stuffed pepper recipe-would need one envelope of taco seasoning plus cheeses, none of which I had. Plus the recipe is for a BBQ...so I saved brain cells by just cooking the meat. Best meat deal I've had in October, that ground beef package from Walmart.

Managed to view the Rocketman movie-what a very emotionally sad childhood. Creative intro and ending for the film. Mom happened to come three minutes into the movie and I explained some things here and there. One song I remember from the 70s-it was on the radio lots during car trips.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Well it is a dry day so far. Really has been all week and they were calling for rain all week here.

Dropped DS at the arena for 7:30 am. I came to work for a bit then will pop over for his games. I may have to pop home quick because I forgot my winter coat (I thought it was in the car) I will need it in the arena.

Have a great day everyone!
    ROMEO, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information