User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need to make a quick trip to maxi and cie and iga tomorrow after school to go get some grocery ,,hope next week will have good deals!!!! I noticed at iga(dont know if it is in the flyer) cashmere paper toillet reg 12$ now 4,99$ minus 1,50$ cashmere coupon could be a great deal altrought I already have 5 packs of toilet paper but a deal is a deal right???
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseleta-wow time change was not fun with cara today she woke up at 6.45 a.m and wanted to go to sleep at noon usually its 1.00 p.m ,so I put her down she had an hour and a half nap but was a bit cranky today and wanting me to hold her .

So tired as I did 2 loads of laundry for daughter-in-law ,plus unloaded her dishwasher and folded clothing so hubby and I got takeout fish and chips for him (cheaper on Mondays) and I got a pizza slice from fortinos

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

working at home today, which is unusual for a Tuesday. I will try to actually take a lunch break and get a few things done. I had a super busy weekend so not even the laundry is finished & there is no fruit or veg in the house.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, that was a productive trip to Sobeys. I redeemed 4 rain checks (6pk Coke, Johnsonville sausages, steak, ham) $8.62oop, $44.49 in coupons, $19.43 for 10% off discount, earned 109AM.
    I also received a 7c/L off Shell gas coupon. Johnsonville sausages 10x $3.99 - $2 coup (x10) + 100AM - 10% discount = $0.54 per package
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just made 6 bowls of turkey soup -gonna freeze 5 bowls and my hubby doesn't like homemade soup

I am relaxing today no shopping ,wanted to get a flu shot but rexall said we are recommending coming between 2-5 as we have 2 on staff to give the shots ,but hubby needed the car today to pick up Ashlyn so I will go Wednesday instead .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made fresh pasta to go with sauce made Sunday. Leftovers in fridge for boys for later tonight/tomorrow. Cooked up a package of bacon for breakfast sandwich and DS's lunch ( bacon and cheese sandwich! No lunch money tomorrow! I will take items to make a toasted BLT for my lunch tomorrow.
    I have started laundry. I have lots and don't want to wait till 7pm. I will wait to run the dishwasher.
    I still have one suitcase to unpack.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA(QC)
    Cashmere toilet paper 24 rolls reg 12$ sale in the flyer 4,99$ minus 1,50$ cashmere coupons=3,49$ bought 1 still have 2 coupons to use
    St-Hubert BBQ Back ribs x2 packages @7,99$ took the last 2 packages will see if tomorrow they will have others or ask for a raincheck reg 12$ better than eating at st-hubert!!!!
    might go to maxi and cie too tomorrow to see if they have any deals on meats
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late night everyone!!! I was so tired I went to bed like at 7 pm yesterday so now I am awake but will return to bed soon.
    I need to mail after school tomorrow an awesome trade
    I went to value village and got another hoodie for 10$ minus 30% senior day of father and some slipper 10$ and a toque 7$(new and warm)
    today at school was ok,altrought a litlle crisis of panicking...why??? Because at school they offer a course for rcr but with the bad memory of my mother death I just cannot do it,i am not capable and this suck because it would had given me 2 optionall credit grrr

Wanted the membership value village card but did not get it because you have to do it with transaction and I asked after,..so ticked

My pumpkin cake is delicious and the frosting taste like crazy good,I think I will kept the frosting recepie for carrot cake
    Frozen in ziplocs freezer bags my 2 remaining 2 and a half jars massons of pumpkins puree because this recepie of puree is for 4 days in fridge and I wont use it

ok have a great day tomorrow and take care!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Nov 6th, 2019 at 03:00 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day!

We had a light dusting of snow overnight. Happy I put the winter tires on the day before we left for vacation. But I need to take a look in the garage and find my snow brush.

I made DS a toasted bagel with cheese and bacon to eat on the way to school and I packed him a lunch. I packed up all the stuff needed to make myself a toasted BLT at work for my lunch today. I have a banana and cream of wheat for breakfast.

No gym today since I have to leave early for dentist appts. Tomorrow I have a massage appt. Not enough time in the day it seems.

Laundry- Still going. Have been folding as I go and hanging up on hangers stuff to dry so at least it is clean and ready it needed but not put away

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Given yesterday's cold air, it was my last day of wearing the parka for spring/fall. Today, the winter coat is put on duty! I've looked at the forecast and northwesterly winds will be around half the time. Keeping warm is a key goal! Still seeing drivers with vehicles needing lightbulbs or headlights burnt out or off while driving in town at dusk/night. #AccidentWaitingToHappen
    Found the November issue of Martha Stewart Living (pie bakers, the Apple Rose tart looks elegant and fancy if you want the challenge), and Oct/Nov issue of Fine Cooking (butternut and leek galette) on the shelves at my local library. Had a quick leaf-through of Ricardo's Vegetables First cookbook (library hold arrived after months of waiting) and I found the Hasselback Butternut Squash promising (visual interest) and the Ratatouille Tian a possible recipe to try (I don't like regular ratatouille but the tian has all three veggies sliced into rounds and placed in rows in the pan, so it might be more appealing?).

Spent yesterday afternoon with my best friend to work on something she wanted done. Next session is set for next week. Met the cats too. One did not take long to act like I was his new person to do anything with.

The sky started to dim about an hour ago-must mean the snow-rain is on the move. Have to check yard for fallen branches but mulching's not on the agenda. Thought of a couple quick small sewing projects to work on for the afternoon, once lunch and a mug of tea are made. Plan to allocate 30 minutes to work on organization/cleaning in my room-focus necessary to make the changes.

I had forgotten about Toronto's Santa Claus parade being held on a Sunday in mid-November until Monday night, then thought, "Crowds??? No way will I attempt using TTC subway or buses if there's a parade downtown." So far, the Nov. 15 forecast is looking fine for my alternate day to visit the big city (and no TTC use, as I'll have my walking shoes on). Not sure that I will go anywhere near the campus of interest. Depends on how the day unfolds and weather of course.

Tonight-plan is to watch L'Epicerie (very scenic with different locations showing the autumnal splendor) at 7:30pm on Radio-Canada, and the final episode of The Great Canadian Baking Show at 8:00pm on CBC. With hot tea in hand! Not sure there will be cake to enjoy with the tea...
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Nov 6th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My lunch was so good today! Think I will have the same tomorrow. Should have enough bacon left to make DS a sandwich for his lunch too. Not bad for a $2 package of bacon. (just reminds you how expensive it is to eat out and usually I am disappointed with the food!)

Don't forget to save your PC offers. I have a few items on my shopping list from the sale flyers ($4.97 St Huberts meat pies (FB/GT) (I can't be bothered to make it for that price a deal) Great for this time of year for a quick dinner with salad and green beans etc.
    .66 lb gala apples at Walmart and $5.98 shrimp at RCSS (meal idea-have wanted to buy shrimp for awhile) That should be it for groceries. The shop I did on Sunday is going to last us till into next week for sure. We still have lots of apples but that is a good price and I like to keep us stocked up.

Meal planning is going well- I have the chicken I cooked on Sunday to put in the freezer. I will probably chop up half of it before I freeze it so it is ready to make chicken fried rice (I will make it on Sat since I have celery to use up. I have a container of rice in the freezer and I will make a new pot and then mix all together. It worked well doing it that way last time. Youngest DS loves it and will even eat it cold in his school lunch.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA(QC): I bought 2 more st-hubert bbq pork back rib at 7,99$ because they are so good and expiry in june (they did not have any on the display so I took them in the other place freezer but was not the same size and same price. like 7$ more expensive huh.noticed that on my bill...not happy me...I asked if they have some fresh ones and they did and they correct the price on my bill and refund me the exceed...so much trouble glad I checked my bill before leaving!
    Maxi :St-Hubert Quiche x 2 at 6,00$

and ....my father got nice steak marked down to 19$ at 8$ minus 30% off pink sticker and the cashier deduced 3 more dollars at the till!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am dealing with a crappy cold given to me from my grandkids -uggg. I still went to library and got my hold books ,then over to sobeys for a few personal offer deals and sales (posted in the brag section)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Today at school was great,nice conversation in english finished 1 chapter yeah!!! I want to advance the most I could this week end in my english book because i have 3 books to do for the moment in secondary 4 after we will talk about the secondary 5 so I want to do it fast....A little snow that did not last longer this earlier morning putted my new winter coat ;he is confortable but will have to take another bag not to be on my shoulder because it does not stay so another one..will see
    I have to do my lunch again ,take my shower and then work in my french book because i have I page that is personnals responses that need to be corrected tomorrow..No english until monday....And 1 have 2 math teachers,1 is funny and humoristic so refeshing and the other is severe...
    I mailed my trade and purchased others stamps in case I make others trade but I have no coupons at the moment and that sucks because I love couponning,it change my mind and save me some precious money

only 2 days of school yes

math are so difficults but I see I still have some logic so that is awesome !!!

ok have a good evening and night and take care!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I found 2 online english-french dictionnary so that should help me a lot too!!! Reverso and word reference
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information