User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evenng all.

i am having a bit of a struggl e food wise. i tend to have 3 days... Mon, Tues and wed... where i work till 5 or 530 .. Mondays are just hard .. and i work till 530 .
    i need to figure out some quick and easy .. no effory meals .. tonight we had frozen pizza. lol.

i need to figure out a few things i can either do at quiet time.. or have preped the night before. something that i can simply slide in oven . some days i am just exhusted.

i am going to do a bit of research and make a few smaller size freezer meals.
    tomorrow i am making this...
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ravioli-casserole/ make 2 and freeze one .
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning!!! We are suppose to have snow today,friday and saturday ...huh will not enjoy it at all...
    I am waiting news on a good trade,I so hope to get it ,I need those coupons....
    I so need to do cleaning in my couponning table because I have difficulty to concentrate in my books..
    EDIT : It snowed this night,the cars are white,....
    Wishing you a great day!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I was waiting for a package and told front desk and everything of where I was going to be. But no they didn’t come and get me. now I have to pick up at shoppers in town which is my pick up point. I am unimpressed. And suppose to pick up after 1pm. I almost wanted to call them all names but I just walked away and a had a meltdown upstairs. Today is my GP appointment at 9am then I have my psychiatrist appointment at 12:30pm.

I fell asleep after eating some over easy eggs at 3:30pm woke up at 5:30pm took some anti anxiety meds then. Then went to bed at 7:45pm and up at 2am.

Yesterday I went to Walmart and bought these and their delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just noticed by opening my wardrobe that I dont find my backpack so I will have to buy another one...huh...not impressed..will go in next tuesday with 30% off my father senior day to value village to check if they have some cheap..will not paid like 40$ at bentley oh no
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning cold woke me up at 3.30 a.m so I did a load of towels and just rested on couch
    I have to watch both granddaughter,s tonight while son/wife go to review ashlyn's report card from 5-6.00 p.m then we will bring Ashlyn for a sleep over ,as she is off on a p.a day on Friday .We may as well have her sleep over as opposed to picking her up at 6.15 a.m

I just rolled 15.00 to take to bank and cash my $22 checkout51 cheque,hope to get to shoppers seniors day today need milk and cough syrup,plus a xmas toy for cara .

We woke up to snow on top of our car and its snowing now .
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snow here too Ugh I am not looking forward to this winter. Guess have to make the best of it. Popcorn and movie nights

I have a massage today which I can't wait for. Then home to whip dinner up and tidy kitchen. I folded all the clean laundry last night and put on another load of white towels so have to continue with it tonight.

I need to move stuff in the garage so I can park in there. So much easier to tackle a snowy drive when the car starts off snow free. DS needs to find a home for his 2 extra set of tires and rims!

Brought the fixings to make a toasted BLT for my lunch again today. I'm craving it now!

Have a frugal day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 7th, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    evenng all.

i am having a bit of a struggl e food wise. i tend to have 3 days... Mon, Tues and wed... where i work till 5 or 530 .. Mondays are just hard .. and i work till 530 .
    i need to figure out some quick and easy .. no effory meals .. tonight we had frozen pizza. lol.

i need to figure out a few things i can either do at quiet time.. or have preped the night before. something that i can simply slide in oven . some days i am just exhusted.

i am going to do a bit of research and make a few smaller size freezer meals.
    tomorrow i am making this...
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ravioli-casserole/ make 2 and freeze one .
    I like to prep/cook up food Sunday and use that for Monday/Tues/Wed night dinner. I find when I do this it makes my week smooth and sets me up for a good week. This past Sunday I make up my work lunch/snacks too and then brought both to work Monday and put in fridge so I didn't have to worry about anything Tuesday morning. It really helped me this week and I haven't picked up lunch out at all this week (I was getting so bad!!)
    I have 9 packages of bacon in the fridge (expire Dec so waiting to put in freezer) so they are my back up for when I don't have dinner plan/feel lazy then I can make bacon/eggs/toast for dinner. I think that will be the plan tonight!

I also love "one casserole" meals. Spiced up chicken (whole/breasts) I cut up carrots/potatoes/onion/whatever veggies I have on hand and put in the dish with the chicken. The juices/spices cook up and everything tastes so good. I have prepped this the night before and leave instructions for DS to put in oven for me so it is ready when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 7th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tuesday I was gone from 5:50-9:20pm to a School Community Council Meeting in a town 45min away. It was nice that I was able to car pool.

Last night I sorted, organized, and counted money and forms for a big SCC fundraiser at ds’ school. It took from 7-11:20pm. We triple checked stuff and eventually called it a night. There were 5 of us in total.

Yesterday I was some with daycare kids by 3:30pm. I picked up a free 4 level shoe storage rack. I also picked up a free black t-shirt for Dh from a computer shop in town. They posted on their Facebook page that people could stop by and request a free shirt or toque. Then I took the kids shopping with me to WM. They are still out of stock of ds’ socks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... I checked my Student Loan account today and I was approved for the Repayment Assistance Plan application I put in last week. So for six months, my payments will drop from $347 to $76 a month, and during those few months, I will put aside every little extra bit I can to make a lump payment when I come out of RAP in April. Still trying to make it work and get it paid off by next September. So far, not as likely given I haven't gotten word back on the second job I interviewed for, but we will see...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I like to prep/cook up food Sunday and use that for Monday/Tues/Wed night dinner. I find when I do this it makes my week smooth and sets me up for a good week. This past Sunday I make up my work lunch/snacks too and then brought both to work Monday and put in fridge so I didn't have to worry about anything Tuesday morning. It really helped me this week and I haven't picked up lunch out at all this week (I was getting so bad!!)
    I have 9 packages of bacon in the fridge (expire Dec so waiting to put in freezer) so they are my back up for when I don't have dinner plan/feel lazy then I can make bacon/eggs/toast for dinner. I think that will be the plan tonight!

I also love "one casserole" meals. Spiced up chicken (whole/breasts) I cut up carrots/potatoes/onion/whatever veggies I have on hand and put in the dish with the chicken. The juices/spices cook up and everything tastes so good. I have prepped this the night before and leave instructions for DS to put in oven for me so it is ready when I get home from work.
    thanks !!! love that chicken idea!! that sounds yummy.
    i need to do better. today i have the cassarole in the oven , and 1 in the freezer
    i just find it difficult to add in a freezer meal prep during a already busy day. it only took 20 min.. but that 20 min ment i could tidy t he kitchen the way i wanted to and had to leave it till after work . sigh.

i am going to spend a bit of time this weekend and get some meals inthe freezer.

plan is chicken enchaldas. , chili ( cook for supper sunday, and freeze into smaller containers for chili fries, baked potatoes and chili, and nachos and chili. _
    manicoti, meatloaf.
    and a few pkgs of chicken breast pre seasoned . - i like that roasted veggie and potaoes idea alot! might do it with bonesless pork chops as well... hmmm
    Last edited by Giseledta; Thu, Nov 7th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!!
    Had my new winter coat at school today,he is so cozy!!!!
    Morning was great afternoon was ok.
    TGIF tomorrow altrought I will work intensively in my books during the week end .
    French teacher made me a praise and it was awesome to heard!!!!
    She said I was great in spelling and writhing and then it will be easy for me and I will not lost points in exams.
    Thats great!!!!
    I have an injury to my right foot ..I dont know how it happen but it hurt a lot...put some voltarin and took some tylenols...seems to help will see tomorrow if that make improvement...
    A girl in my french class is diabetisis and it remind me my mother who was too...not fun to see
    I am thinking of renew my passeport to go somewhere this summer maybe new york,I dream about that ..during Christmas would had been fun.....
    I am so tired of people in trades who are greedy and ask to much and the moon..sorry I will not give it to you and dont have it...the guidelines are optionnal as I can see...
    So my trade did not work..the person asked way to much so I skipped....
    Ok time to make my lunch ,take a shower and then just sit watching some tv and order some coupons for me plus relaxing....just this kind of day

If anyone have a list of compagnies who send some mail out coupons please can you writhe it in here tagging me,...I would appreciate it
    Barilla pastas are in sale this week somewhere for 1$ and I still have coupons to pass ...great for the familly or donation

Supper was fend for myself and I will snack watching tv tonight

Oh I discovered a great blog on facebook for easy videos recepies they look so easy and delicious ..natashas kitchen

Have a great evening and night and take care!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Travel goals are good to have--never know where you may get to go when you have school break (reading week or holidays)! Wonderful to know you have some great feedback on your efforts in classes!
    You may find backpacks somewhere on sale for very good price! If other thrift stores in Quebec use Facebook or Instagram, check for sale days!

I enjoyed watching yesterday's Baking Show finale but am confused if all the segments were really filmed over two days (as everyone was wearing the same clothes but during one or two segments, rain was clearly seen falling) or just on one day. The video was edited to make it seem like two days passed.

Snowflakes on and off this afternoon and evening. I picked up foam chips off the lawn and collected branches. Noticed about 98 % leaf drop from the trees in the back. Zero interest in further mulching or raking except near the ditch. No Walmart flyer in the community flyer bundle today and found one beer can but no Monopoly pieces on my afternoon walk.

I will admit to having one or two hot chocolates per day because they are fast to make with hot tap water and I get really antsy when feeling hungry in colder temperatures. The Napa cabbage needs to be cut and be ready for snacking.

The library will be open tomorrow due to the PA Day in Hamilton--yippee!! Keep cozy, Smart Canucks!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to 2 appointments yesterday one for my doctor and that went smoothly. My psychiatrist didn’t she started blaming me and pointing her finger and telling me to take responsibility for being placed under the mental health act and lead out of my building in hand cuffs on Monday evening. She called me the wrong name 5 times. She took 2 different calls and left the room during these. She put me on a depot(injection) and raised my olzanapine. She then pointed the finger at my doctor for my bad memory and then telling me I am acting like addict. I was sitting next to the student and mumbled “fine I will just go back to drinking because that’s all you see is the drunk in me.” The student at this point held my hand it helped me calm down. She kept telling me she wasn’t blaming me for anything but telling me to accept responsibility but I was telling her I have black out psychosis where I no recollection of it all. And being taken in hand cuffs under the mental health act if anyone knows about the BC mental health act you have no rights the police have to cuff you and take away your property while at the hospital even your shoes. You are treated worse then a prisoner. I have over 500 times being placed under the mental health act and oh yeah it goes on your criminal record check.

So I thought to myself to take responsibility of being placed under the mental health where I have no recollection of it at all that part of my memory is broken. I talked to my case manager after she had to agree with my doctor and I was pissed off at this point because she called me the wrong name as well. My case manager is suppose to stand up for me and she didn’t even do that she told the doctor she forgot what we talked about Tuesday.

Earlier in the morning I went to save on foods and bought a lotto max ticket with the extra. While I cruise around the christmas chocolate. Which Walmart trust me on this has a better selection cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!

Looking forward to 2 hockey games for DS and a night out with live music.

Laundry didn't get touched last night. I will try and put some away tonight if I have time before the game.

Have a great day and weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ds and Dh did the SARCAN run. The kids got some money and put it in their piggy banks. I put most of the cash in my purse.$74.60 back in hand.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information