User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Discovered a Costco with self serve checkout - fastest time that I have ever been out of Costco. Disappointed that I missed the ugg imitation boots at Costco online.....$44 ...rats, kept it in my basket online for too long. Will hopefully see a similar offer next year as I can't see myself buying authentic ugg boots. Maybe if I won the lottery.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Nov 19th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath, have you checked that your location setting's on your Dad's phone are correct? Personally I have my location turned off (personal choice) so I have to make sure to manually enter my Postal Code on app other wise for some reason they pick up an area well over an hour from me as the default.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    @flemeth if your online I messaged you back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks @greentires4me I message you also yesterday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught the full day yesterday. I’m booked for a couple more days to teach.

We are under a snowfall advisory. We have already received 6” of wet snow. It took me an hour to shovel the driveway and sidewalk this morning. The kids had lots of fun playing in it. It’s still lightly snowing and I’ll probably shovel again later today.

I’ve been getting two loads of laundry done per day over the last 4 days or so. I’m tackling bedding right now.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i went out for my haircut -cost me nothing extra as i used a cheque I cashed from 'LEO ' surveys and also used the 5.00 I made from selling my pants yesterday

My hairdresser loved the basket I made up plus the 10.00 gift card from Walmart -total cost 23.00 for the stuff in basket + 10.00 gift card=33.00 I reuse the basket every year she gives it back to me

Then went to dollar tree spent 23.00-love that everything is 1.25
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Flannelette sheets are the charm at keeping me warm at night. Stayed home yesterday as I felt off. Caught up on two movies, one of which seemed familiar (I had watched a couple of years ago). Made sure our collection crew emptied our trash cans and green cart by waiting outside until they came by. Then went back to sleep (had 4 am wakeup, ran laundry etc. then lost zip before 9am) for a few hours.

Made curried lentil stew this morning as options for meals were low but some pantry and veggie staples were enough to make a pot of something! Ms. Sunshine has melted most snow and there are way too many maple and oak leaves loafing in the yards. I must corral some into piles later in the afternoon. I am considering making that many cloves of garlic Portuguese soup for later in the week, because I am keen to use whatever number of spices to chase the sniffles out of my system. And to kick my immune system into higher responsiveness.

Purchased some grocery and clearance items at Shoppers around 1pm. Store was dead quiet-guess the seniors for Optimum day came and went or had yet to arrive in the afternoon. Noticed counter ad for new text to win contest that started yesterday.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We cleaned out our vehicles inside and out today. Beautiful!
    Laundry on the go. Tons put away. Extra comforter in washer next 2 loads of white towels. Easy to fold and put away.
    Dropping DS off at arena soon for hockey practice.
    I wanted to start wrapping xmas gifts but think i will just pull all the tape/wrap and ribbon etc so its ready to start this weekend.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Flannelette sheets are the charm at keeping me warm at night. Stayed home yesterday as I felt off. Caught up on two movies, one of which seemed familiar (I had watched a couple of years ago). Made sure our collection crew emptied our trash cans and green cart by waiting outside until they came by. Then went back to sleep (had 4 am wakeup, ran laundry etc. then lost zip before 9am) for a few hours.

Made curried lentil stew this morning as options for meals were low but some pantry and veggie staples were enough to make a pot of something! Ms. Sunshine has melted most snow and there are way too many maple and oak leaves loafing in the yards. I must corral some into piles later in the afternoon. I am considering making that many cloves of garlic Portuguese soup for later in the week, because I am keen to use whatever number of spices to chase the sniffles out of my system. And to kick my immune system into higher responsiveness.

Purchased some grocery and clearance items at Shoppers around 1pm. Store was dead quiet-guess the seniors for Optimum day came and went or had yet to arrive in the afternoon. Noticed counter ad for new text to win contest that started yesterday.
    Seniors day is Thursday @ Shoppers.
    Ciel, cath007, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Been a while. Good to see old friends and hello to new.

I started suffering migraines in the spring this year. Doing much better now on medication. My husband had a pulmonary embolism Labour Day weekend and is recovering. Early mid-life crises for us 37 year olds. He had started a new job and had to quit for proper recovery (job involved long travel which started the PE). So now we are back to being more frugal as he is not yet back to work.

Work (teaching) is getting in the way of my Christmas prep. lol With everything that has happened, we are just happy to have health and going to enjoy the season. I am enjoying shopping for deals and wrapping. Work and raising three girls leaves little time for this hobby!
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 12:25 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Granger welcome back and happy to hear everyone is on the mend.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger great to hear from you -glad things are better for your family health wise

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

Been a while. Good to see old friends and hello to new.

I started suffering migraines in the spring this year. Doing much better now on medication. My husband had a pulmonary embolism Labour Day weekend and is recovering. Early mid-life crises for us 37 year olds. He had started a new job and had to quit for proper recovery (job involved long travel which started the PE). So now we are back to being more frugal as he is not yet back to work.

Work (teaching) is getting in the way of my Christmas prep. lol With everything that has happened, we are just happy to have health and going to enjoy the season. I am enjoying shopping for deals and wrapping. Work and raising three girls leaves little time for this hobby!
    My partner also had a PE following a blood clot in his leg, scary stuff. He too is off work and has to be careful. Which migraine medication are you using? (Pm me please). Health is wealth as the saying goes. Glad that you are both improving. Welcome back to the forum.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Speedy Recovery to your partners @Granger and @barbis9

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

All our snow has melted. It's nice to have a fresh start again (dry walkway and driveway) I had pulled out 1 salt container and used way too much! I need to calm down or the 4 jugs won't get us through the winter or for use next winter as well.

I have a pile of junk beside my washer that needs to go. Grabbed a bag last night and started filling it (old pillows etc) Plan is to totally clean that spot by Saturday. Enough is enough.

Lots of piles on my desk at work that I better get at.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Seniors day is Thursday @ Shoppers.
    Thanks! I realized my brain is confused--not sure why I thought Wednesday was the day!
    CHCH informs us this morning that Today is World Television Day.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information