User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I was able to clean the kitchen and did one load of laundry. Trying to find my motivation but I can't.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My youngest is also impacted but at 16 it means no child care to worry about. He has a few assignments to catch up on and has been advised to clean his room. He put the tree up on the weekend so that was his big job of the week.

I still have pretty muuh zero shopping done. Neither child is in need of anything. I did take advantage of the Old navy black Friday sales to buy the Christmas pjs because apparently despite both being over 6 ft tall new pjs are still a requirement. They also had the cutest men's boxers with donuts and pizza on them and my kids love the fun boxers and these do last so at least we have a few things under the treat.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone know when it is the best time of the year to writhe to compagnies for asking coupons?Thanks!!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day!

I wrote DS out a list of chores to do. Shouldn't take him long if he gets right at it. I wish I was off today but Christmas vacation is almost here so I better get at my workload.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so.. what does everyone do when they want to get a little more frugal ... kick thier frugal life into high gear as it were.

me... i avoid flyers... sounds weird.. but i just avoid them ... unless i really need something. but totally avoid.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-well my frugal tip is I am not buying any clothing for myself unless I am using up a giftcard til the new year (okay maybe on xmas day if there is good sales at the bay)I don't tend to buy for myself a lot would rather buy for grandkids

I just spent $9.08 at value village for 2 nice grey warm long sleeve tops(one plain and one stripe pattern ) yesterday of course this was -30% as I am a senior

Today hoping to get hubby to take me to pickards as I want to have a few bags for open xmas visits I am going to .

Oh and I am putting off buying milk til seniors day on Thursday -sometimes its the little things plus since I have been waking up early I do my laundry in the wee hours to save on hydro

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    so.. what does everyone do when they want to get a little more frugal ... kick thier frugal life into high gear as it were.

me... i avoid flyers... sounds weird.. but i just avoid them ... unless i really need something. but totally avoid.
    That's the way to do it. Not going out "shopping" saves money. I rarely do mindless shopping. Now my motto is get in get out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well went to No Frills thinking I was going to do a big stock up on can stuff and fresh fruit etc. Spent $10.66 lol. Lots of the sale signs were down already so I had to keep double checking the flyer.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Currently waiting a call from my doctor it is a long wait...
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Shoppers 20% off coupon for their Friends and Family event was applied against my Dr. Pepper purchase (90cent value) but not for the Toronto Sun issue I added to the transaction. That was one perfectly timed discovery via the SC blog and my caffeine intentions yesterday!

I struck down ice that was detaching on signposts on my walk home while carrying my precious pop and paper! This morning, snap, crackle and pop started in earnest from 10am on the trees, hydro lines and anything else with an icy load. Very loud popping noises from the ice on the upper sidings of the house, then sudden crashes. Did manage to get one ice bop on head (while passing under tree-had left my umbrella indoors)as I headed out to utility truck that showed up today (no notice) to trim branches from trees.

Made sure to use my umbrella in reaching the library. Fine powder snow (random powder) had begun as I reached my destination. My blood pressure is getting back to normal. Had a real rousing argument at home with Mom and I don't see us ever getting over our differences.

Since I read the laptop reviews in the December issue of Consumer Reports last night, I was struck by the price differences in US dollars of some laptops vs Cdn dollars for the units available in Canada (i.e US model might be $1000 US but in Canada it could be $1900). Today I clipped a couple of laptop specials (to look at online as to features) listed in the Best Buy flyer, one is a current generation model as listed in the report and another is two generations older than the model in the report. Seems if I want a laptop with some memory and power, I'd be look well above $1000+ before HST for current models but if I look at older models, they can be had for less than $800 before HST. Kind of shocked at the prices. 2020 will require that I get new eyewear (frames and lenses) so the computer goal is just seeming farther and farther away (going on three years).

I placed the pewter wreath ornament (from the candlelight service) on a oak tree branch in the backyard. This day has pushed too many emotional buttons for me and I want out of this life.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

so mad ....I never get called back by my doctor secretary..like they did not care of my problem at all %?%?%?
    Giseledta, Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Foodland has the GC promo. Buy $100 GC get 100 air miles!
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We went to picards today -spent 48.00 but 3 bags of the peanuts are gifts ,their chocolate is so fresh bought a small bag of chcolate covered almonds for hubby and i tonight

Then stopped in to the dutch market bought fresh raisin buns and a few apples
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Light snowy day here so far. Just realizing I left my lunch in my car. Guess I will have to go grab it soon. At least I didn't leave it on the hall table at home!

I have an empty fridge and no plan for dinner. I have laundry to do. Maybe I will just pick up pizza or something.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Currently waiting a call from my doctor it is a long wait...

Waiting is so painful....your mind plays all sorts of tricks and they're not fun tricks. Wishing you a good, speedy call back from your doctor. Sorry you have to go through this.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information