User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Decided to run out to the grocery store this morning to grab a few things I did not get when I went on Thursday. I spent about an hour internally struggling with should I or shouldn't I go? I finally decided to go as there were a few things we do need and I knew if I did not just go, I would talk myself out of it again.

I got:
    2 x Celery $1.50
    4 x Butter $2.97 (they only had unsalted which we use for baking but will need to see if I can get a couple salted later in the week)
    3 x Yogurt $2.00 (I have discovered it really bugs me when we are out of yogurt but I think it is because I have it for breakfast and snacks a lot so when we do not have it, I end up lacking food for work)
    4 x Tortillas $1.00 (okay, yes, I just got 4 packs but we use so many and they rarely go on sale for $1 anymore)
    1 x Popcorn (6 pack) $2.99 (I am really missing snack foods, and I really want to have a movie and popcorn night so I figured Microwave Popcorn is way cheaper than chips in the long run)

I got 1500 pts and spent a little over $20.

So I have $30 left in our grocery budget for the week but I think I became so used to under spending that now that I am spending the money I feel like I am over spending.

I also need to head out of town and do some more grocery shopping, Metro has Flour on Sale and RCSS has Potatoes on sale and we need both so I am thinking Tuesday we will go and get these items plus we both need new shoes. I feel like $$$ are flying out the door right now but I need to calm myself down and hopefully next week we can maybe, just maybe skip shopping.

Although I must admit I am happy to choice and options in the house and seeing a full fridge again.

I am really trying to over come this fear of spending money but right now I just hope no unexpected expenses pop up.

Later tonight I will go over the budget and see where we stand. I might also try to talk to Mom because I know she doesn't understand me but if trying to support me but I need her to also see that I am trying and honestly this is out of my control. I know we have the money in the budget but still I freak out spending it but it is because there is so much out of my control right now. It feels like we have been on roller coaster we cannot get off. I am thankful the last few weeks things have leveled out a bit and we seem to be on level section right now but the fear is still there a drop could come at any moment.

Alright off to get a few more things done before it is time to cook dinner.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Pretty good day here, I woke up with ambition so I got to work this morning which I am happy I did as I started to crash around lunch time.

I was up at 6 and at the grocery store at 8 am when they opened. Did my shopping and came home.

I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it, there were only a couple things to go in.

I started working on prep for some cooking, I made Broccoli Cheddar Soups for lunches this week. I was also worried by dinner time I would not feel like cooking so I made dinner and put it in the fridge. I made a Sheppard's Pie with Mushroom Gravy. I used a leftover roast we had in the freezer and mashed up all of the russet potatoes we had left so now there are leftovers in the fridge we can use later in the week.

I also cut up a pineapple I had bought last week and was never cut up, it is now in the fridge in easy grab and go containers.

I also did laundry, all laundry is now washed, dried and folded. Towels are put away and just need to put away the whites and dark, they are folded and upstairs so I will put away before bed.

I cleaned as I went so the kitchen is clean.

I had hoped to get some baking done today but that did not happen oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I am now super tired so just going to relax on the couch and might try to tackle some simple work stuff.

I am happy with what I got done but wish I got more done. I am getting a little annoyed for about a week now I have felt like I am fighting something. I am happy I am not sick but this is getting a little annoying as I seriously have no energy.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I agree with the idea of getting something for spending your time and energy getting things for the "want-it-now" crowd-esp. relevant during bad weather or when you feel awful but happen to be in area of desired store for someone. Suggest that you charge fees aka concierge or personal shopping fee-better yet, get the money ahead of shopping from them (less hassle for you). More fees applied to heavier items and no, they don't get to demand instant gratification. They have to wait up to a day or two and pay you as well as for the shopping. Or they can lump it and you can add them to your "don't bother catering to their whims" list.
    They did give me $20 but wanted $8 back and I was groining about that. they said after I got back they wanted to share their stupid Dessert they were making but really it wasn’t sounding delicious sounded like I could have made it better. Other people I deal with all know I buy things with money in hand beforehand or your taken for a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I played some bingo at my place didn’t win and didn’t want to play no more. Should have a cap on how many times your allowed to win on a single card. Or blackout would be better. A single line is lame.

I’m waiting on someone to go to the bank they said hours ago they were going but I found them and they still haven’t left yet.

I don’t like the new manager she is trying to get everyone out of here. She doesn’t remember anything she says or does. I really wish she would leave things alone. They want me to change my pharmacy to there’s so they can dispense my meds. I said no.

Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I didnt go to shoppers yesterday ,trying not to get caught up in points programs lately .I went to the library yesterday and relaxed all day ,we babysat last night from 6.00 p.m til 11.00 mind you cara is in bed at 7.00 ashlyn 8.10 as I was getting her to do some work in her school book ,printing letters and of each picture and forming a word .,She happily did it all ,then I read her a book along with her help.

I told my son keep up with her school work during this strike he told me they were ,the other day I honked for a bunch of teachers as I went to the mall and by my local school in my area ,as I want my grandchildren to get a good education of smaller classes.Many years ago I helped my son's kindergarden teacher with the class once a week and I have no formal training I just loved kids as was a stay at home mom .The teacher gave me a lovely hand written note (thanking me)and a small gift (nail polish in a small basket ) I still have the small basket.

My dear son had few problems with his speech and we worked with the school early on at night to help him with a program set out for us .So I truly believe smaller classrooms is a very good issue for the future .

My son will be 35 this Thursday ,so he and his wife and the girls will have us over Wednesday for supper (as the inlaws are going out on Thursday with them for a free meal on his birthday)-we need to pick Ashlyn up at the bus stop anyway we help him out along with friends .It saves him a fair amount of money .I wish I could help my dear daughter out in Toronto she needs before and after care for Sebastian when he starts school in sept and there is 80 people ahead of her,so she wont get it .

My daughter is looking for a before and after home care mom now for sept ,I truly wish I could be there to help her more but they will never leave Toronto they have their jobs and friends there she has lived there since she was 24 .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My packages arrived by courier today. I got a pair of pants for me, micro USB cards for Tracy and cam there 32GB I paid $14.44 for 2, watch repair kit for cam, and 3 stylus for Tracy.

I’m not totally awake yet I am going to go pick up wireless headphones after I am awake some more.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I admit, I do not shop on Amazon often but did the minimum for prepaid shipping go up if you do not have Prime? I thought it was $25 but when I just looked now it says $35.

Yes, this might be old news but I really am not an amazon shopper. But there is something I want and can only find it on amazon.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy - I am really not an amazon shopper ,shopped a few years back for a toy and this past xmas for the instapot and immersion blender for xmas gifts .

So not sure when it went up ,but I just ordered a toy for Sebastian for easter last week and it was 29.99 at amazon and I didn't see it anywhere else then saw the same toy at indigo online for 19.99-15% as I bought it on a Friday with a code -what a difference in price ,so need less to say I am sending the amazon one back ,I need to get the label printed thou the rep said she would charge me a 1.00 if she sent me a label "I said fine"i don't have a printer and the library is closed twice a week .

On another note indigo just raised their limit to free shipping over $35.00 use to be just last week over $25.00,they snuck that one in on us without mentioning it .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I woke up with no ambition today but I forced myself to get some stuff done.

Mom went to Wal-Mart after work on Friday and bought baked goods, it is what it is but I really wish she hadn't when we can make stuff at home, we both are good bakers. But that being said we had nothing at home so she grabbed cookies.

Last night when she got home from work she asked me what I baked, I had done no baking so I took this as a sign. So today I made:
    Lemon Loaf
    Applesauce Muffins

If I was not so tired now I would make something chocolaty but I am done for the day. Maybe tomorrow I will pop something in the oven when I make dinner since I will be working from home as I do not have an office tomorrow. Oh the joys of the sharing and office with the boardroom, when there is a meeting you get the boot but at least I got advanced warning this time.

I also made:
    A batch of Rice, it is in the fridge now
    I also did some Roasted Marinated Veggies so I can make Veggie Bowls for dinner one night
    To go with veggie bowls I made Garlic Garlic Sauce
    I also made French Onion Baked Pasta to use up some heavy cream we have in the fridge

I cleaned as I wen so the kitchen is clean and I did most of the dishes by hand so no need to run the dishwasher.

Our fridge is now full of food so no temptation to eat out. Good news is I got tired later today, I did not crash until 3 so I am going to take this as a good sign that I am winning the battle against whatever I am fighting off.

With this being said we are going out Tuesday night after work as I need to go to Metro for Flour, RCSS for Potatoes & I really need to get new shoes, my old ones are really starting to hurt my feet. I have been putting this off for months now as I have been trying to not spend the $$$ but it is time, I need to get them.

Going to try to relax now, think I might lay on the couch for a bit and binge watch some Grey's Anatomy, I have been it before but I like to re watch it when I do not have the best focus. Since I have seen it, if I miss a part I know what happens.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hello!

Budget tidied! We are a little short for Feb, but our LOC is cleared and ready for the furnace bill and any shortfall the next little bit. I have not received any strike pay from the union yet, so that should cover the little we are short. Our union is paying $75 for the half day on the picket line and then we are deducted our pay for that day from the school board. Let me tell you, they deducted more than I got paid this past "paycheck!"

We are caught up around the house. I hard boiled eggs for the week with lunch today. We did church in the morning and took the kids to a park this afternoon.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Busy but productive day. I did manage to get out for a walk and enjoy the warm day. Used 40.00 in PCO points for groceries. Lunches ready for the week and dinners planned for the days we will all be home. Pancakes on Tuesday of course.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh took ds to an afternoon movie, one-on-one time. I stayed home with our twins. The house is clean and ready for the week.

I’m continuing to work 12hr days Mon-Fri, between my two jobs. It can make for some really long days. Dh has been picking up some extra hours at his job too.

Lunches are packed and in the fridge.
    Tomorrow’s supper plan is roast pork, gravy, potato and onion baked in a foil packet, unsweetened apple sauce, cucumber slices, and carrot sticks from last year’s garden.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Chapters Indigo has listed free kids' activities for March (or April) Break-you must pick your province to see which activities are offered in your area:
    https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...C-A1F9B1E0DD48
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The New Products Quiz Contest for Shoppers-you can pick up to 10 categories (pick select all, then click on the categories you don't want questions for)-you'll get a question for each category of products you picked. After logging into your PC Optimum account, you'll be entered in the grand prize contest (1 of 3x $10000 SDM gc) and also get a PC Optimum offer. My offer was a bonus 5000 PC Optimum points when I spend $20 or more on the new items by March 22.
    Giseledta, ROMEO and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

what a monday. oy.
    ok. sold another item . i have 2 still listed. dont think they are going to sell. sigh.

small roast is in the crockpot for shredding for supper. we are having beef dip sandwiches.

i need to work on some laundry tonoght. and i am hoping to get some sleep .. i am up every hour.. iy. this needs to end
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information