User Tag List

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just ordered from kerig.ca some coffee and k-cups as their shipping is free for a few days when you spent 25.00 or more normally its free shipping when you spend 80.00

I only spent $30.77 and got 48 k-cups and a bag of van houtte coffee -hubby will be set as he is not popping into mcdonalds or timmies anymore .

My neighbour said shoppers ran out of their toilet paper today ,as his son works there .I yelled across our driveway to him .I need groceries mostly fresh meat and fruit and veggies ,but I will not go out til mon or tues .By the way I haven't sneezed yet

I just had my homemade chicken soup for lunch -I am kicking this cold out of me .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Honnestly I have so much of thing emotionnaly to take care of now...it is exausthing....Do the cleaning of the spare room and the landlor coop give us 3 week to do so....now the inspection is march 19 ..so remaining 5 days and dad is not cooperating even it is his name on the papers of the appart.... The garbages bins,green and black are full so I dont even know where to get rib of my stuff....it is so time consuming and i am tired ,frustrated,and pissed.....We have no space storage here it s not our fault....I hate getting rib of stuff...I have brother thing,decorations,juices ,rice krispies pictures of my child years and mother and brother witch no I would and cant never got rib off...beauty products,furnitures,and clothes,,,and the list goes on...we at leat tidy up the kitchen and lot of food waste witch devasting me because it was bought with MY MONEY..so my money went to garbages....grrrrr

I dont have a solution to this nightmare...and the coop went to send us to the regie to loyer to be evicted..I dont sleep ,I dont eat,I cry...this have to stop....

sorry for venting

I hate to had have a stress fracture during the hollidays I was supposed to do cleaning!
    ROMEO, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Are they saying this a fire of safety hazard? I do no think they do this in Ontario, or maybe they do, I have never rented.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Honnestly I have so much of thing emotionnaly to take care of now...it is exausthing....Do the cleaning of the spare room and the landlor coop give us 3 week to do so....now the inspection is march 19 ..so remaining 5 days and dad is not cooperating even it is his name on the papers of the appart.... The garbages bins,green and black are full so I dont even know where to get rib of my stuff....it is so time consuming and i am tired ,frustrated,and pissed.....We have no space storage here it s not our fault....I hate getting rib of stuff...I have brother thing,decorations,juices ,rice krispies pictures of my child years and mother and brother witch no I would and cant never got rib off...beauty products,furnitures,and clothes,,,and the list goes on...we at leat tidy up the kitchen and lot of food waste witch devasting me because it was bought with MY MONEY..so my money went to garbages....grrrrr

I dont have a solution to this nightmare...and the coop went to send us to the regie to loyer to be evicted..I dont sleep ,I dont eat,I cry...this have to stop....

sorry for venting

I hate to had have a stress fracture during the hollidays I was supposed to do cleaning!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

no they call us hoarding persons.....
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    This week has been a lot of ups and downs. I finally came clean with Mom on what has been going on and at first I thought it was a mistake as she was really pushing me and it felt like not listening to me. But, now I think she sees this isn't me avoiding or trying to get out of things, this is really happening. I also let her know just how long it has been going on. I was going to tell Dad on Thursday but we kept missing each other and now he is out of town, he offered to call me but I do not think this is a conversation we should have over the phone. So I will tell him when he is back, not sure if he staying out of town this week.

Others have been asking what is going on because as a family we were supposed to be out of town this weekend but I couldn't do it. There is no way I would have made it through weekend having 8 of us in a 3 bedroom condo and me melting down, so I decided for my own mental health even though I know I disappointed some people I needed to stay home. I haven't said anything to anyone else as I feel I have to tell Dad first.

Since my week was so up and down, I did not get a lot done during the week, I really just wanted to spend the whole week in bed, but I didn't. I will also see my doc just not sure when yet, I have to admit trying not to freak out about the virus but also thinking some areas I wan to avoid.

We went shopping on Tuesday, I got my broom and vacuum. We also went to Costco, we over spent by $50 but we did have the money in the budget, just I had set aside a specific amount and we went over. I know exactly what did it, they had Mom's vitamins on sale so I grabbed those plus we had a cheque to use but nothing thinking we went through self check-out and you cannot use at self check-out. My plan has been to use the cheque to cover the package of chicken I grabbed. So those 2 items make up the $50 I was over by.

I am not happy we went over budget but that did not trigger me so that made me happy. But I will say I am concerned now as Mom has lost 1 shift and said she lost a few hours next week because of Covid-19. She works retail and not grocery so they are slow and cutting hours. So far we still are okay but this cannot go on for too long or we will start to have money issues.

I really see how lucky I am, that I can work from home is needed and feel bad for those who cannot.

Alright well dinner is almost ready off to get it out of the oven. Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -so sorry you have to deal with all this ,try to set aside a few minutes in the day to have a cup of coffee or tea or just relax

Supper was so nice I made roasted potatoes instead .I just watched the news and they said Costco is limiting toilet paper to 2 per person (I don't have a membership anyway) and kijiji is banning people reselling toilet paper ,wipes or hand sanitizer -good ) oh and amazon barred someone from doing the same price gouging of products .

I just want to get my regular groceries of meat,fruit and veggies .I have no ned for toilet paper or wipes or paper towels as I have some at home .

Off to Toronto in the morning as my daughter's cooking class with her hubby is still on ,I asked her if we may sleep over til Monday and go home later Monday ,and she said "thank you mom ohh so very much" as I have a conference call in the afternoon and Sebastian is home from daycare for 3 weeks like everyone else,You know I don't get to do as much for my dear daughter and her family as they live in Toronto but I can help out when we can .

My groceries will wait til Tuesday morning -lol
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today was a goodish day, it wasn't a bad day (which is the first in awhile) but it wasn't a good day, it was an okay and I will take it, because it wasn't a bad day.

I started my day by building my vacuum, it is a simple 3-in-1 stick vacuum, nothing fancy but works for my needs. My favourite part is it is a stick vacuum that converts to a small hand vacuum which is what I actually wanted, but seeing the option of both a stick and hand held vacuum sold me. Well that plus the price.

After I built the vacuum I cleaned the downstairs floors, I swept the kitchen Thursday night as I was trying to calm my anxiety (didn't work) so today I did the hallway and the front door area. I also vacuumed the the mat at the front door, we really need to replace this mat, it is falling apart. Funny thing is I have the money to replace the mat but do not want to face the chaos of going to a store right now unless it is a necessity. Hopefully it will calm down this week.

Then I cleaned the bathroom and did the floor. After that I decided to tackle the walls and shelves in the shower, they have been scrubbed down and are all clean. Now the Shower Head is sitting in a baggie of vinegar to clean the shower head as well. Mom does not work tomorrow which means no one will be in the shower first thing so I can let it sit over night.

I also emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, not a lot to go in just 3 dishes that did not did not fit last night. There are 3 dishes that need to be done by hand, I keep telling myself to just go wash them but that has not happened yet.

For dinner I made myself Roast Beef wraps (using leftover Roast Beef from the fridge and froze what I did not eat) with Cheddar and lettuce and a side of roasted potatoes. When my roasted potatoes came out I put in a batch of Cake Mix Cookie bars using Chocolate Cake and put some mini Reese Pieces in them. Those are now on the stove cooling.

Lately I always feel like I could do more but I am trying to be okay with not doing more. I have been pushing myself way too hard so now I am trying to find some me time. So I am going to make a cup of peppermint tea and crochet, I know the last thing I need is more crochet projects laying around but again I am trying to calm my anxiety, some nights it works, some nights it does not. I know I need to see the doc but I do not know just seems like a bad place to be right now. Well good news is, Mom is off tomorrow so I am going to see if she will help me tackle a big project tomorrow. Right now I just take it one day at a time.

Have a wonderful night everyone.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I paid 11.19$ for cottenelle toilet paper at shoppers drug mart. As there was hardly any toilet paper on the shelf. They had a sign when I walked in saying out of bathroom tissue they was wrong I found some.

Some guy at no frills took a box of eggs to the check out with him 18 eggs times 6...that’s a lots of eggs. No frills was out of toilet paper and had a limit of one per family.

It’s an economic pandemic of all portions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post

sorry for venting

many hugs. if i were closer i would come and help. many many hugs. message me and vent if you wish. hugs. you can do this
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

took a trip to oakville to see my middle child. it was fabulous!!! very ... relaxing. my big town is a stress powder keg!!!

before i went and got my moms bird seed...
    then shoppers... got my 20x points, and a good stock of all the sales... sales good.
    came home.. cleaned the family room.. and 2nd load of laundry is going.. i will tackle other things tomorrow....
    if insomnia hits then i will clean house....lol.

on the drive .. i rearranged my daycare room in my mind... now i get to implent my plan.... gotta love a good plan.....
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta if you child needs anything please let me know. I am just minutes from the college. I drove down your way today. The younger son is spending a few days with gramma and I went to the local Independent to get my mom’s groceries and snacks for them. It was fine no wait at all. Then I did my groceries at the No Frills in Woodstock. Lovely clean store. Lots of empty shelves but most of my list was produce so I was fine. Not the crazy stupid stuff we are seeing in Oakville. We are all home for the foreseeable future. DH is mandated at home, older son is home from college and not happy about the delay in studying which is funny given how much he hated high school. I have a few staff still in off and I want to get them remote before I am home. We are lucky because both DH and I can work remote so for us it’s business as usual.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well I decided to go around the corner to sobeys tonight ,as I am feeling way better ,everything I got was on sale ,but they had no toilet paper or paper towels (which is fine as I don't need them) I wanted to get some chicken breasts -nope none .I found one lonely whole chicken for 9.something so bought that a lot of canned goods gone and pasta too -wow it was unreal the bread wiped out.

I was told they are due to get a shipment in sunday at some point,but too late for me I will be in Toronto .I spent $94.0 and got 4.00 back from caddle ,save $5.50 in coupons and had a 10.00 sobeys giftcard from a promo last month .Maybe I will get the rest of my fruit /veggies and chicken breasts at lococos later this week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @giseldta if you child needs anything please let me know. I am just minutes from the college. I drove down your way today. The younger son is spending a few days with gramma and I went to the local Independent to get my mom’s groceries and snacks for them. It was fine no wait at all. Then I did my groceries at the No Frills in Woodstock. Lovely clean store. Lots of empty shelves but most of my list was produce so I was fine. Not the crazy stupid stuff we are seeing in Oakville. We are all home for the foreseeable future. DH is mandated at home, older son is home from college and not happy about the delay in studying which is funny given how much he hated high school. I have a few staff still in off and I want to get them remote before I am home. We are lucky because both DH and I can work remote so for us it’s business as usual.
    thank you so much !!!

and yes the no frills in woodstock is very clean. nice store
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-so nice of you to help out ,yes smart cancukers lilo is a lovely person she has sent me cpns on a few various times .

Up early so doing my laundry before we head to Toronto ,cant wait to see my grandson he has a nice new haircut ,I am sure we will have fun with him today and Monday.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I understand how serious this virus is but I have to be honest I am getting to the point (and I know many will disagree with me) but I do wish they would just shut everything down. I am not sure the current precautions will help. For example yes my niece is off school for 3 weeks and all of the programs in their town are cancelled so the family will be staying in for the 3 weeks. But my cousin (her dad) is still working.

It is hard if we are able to work remotely we are encouraged to do so, but at the same time I feel bad working from home as so many of my co workers cannot. Those of us who can work remotely we are back line workers, the ones who do not interact with public on a daily basis. I feel bad being like I will be at home well everyone is at work. I do not know, I think any way you look at it, the situation sucks. For me you know what close us all down for 2 weeks to be safe but at the same time I have had many staff approach me who want the opposite, they do not want to be closed 2 weeks for various reasons.

I do not think there is a clear cut answer here.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information