User Tag List

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario will find out next week about the reopening plans: https://www.cp24.com/news/plan-to-re...says-1.4910600

I need warmer temperatures before I touch up the paint that "tore" on the main bathroom wall and also sand down those putty spots over the nailheads (to stop the corrosion in a room that gets humid very fast) on door frame. While I want a new door knob put on the door, Mom is not keen. However the coating on the knob has worn down and fingers snag on the jagged edges of the two layers. We have a couple of door knobs sets that Dad had bought but never installed. Ideally the basement bathroom door knobs ought to go upstairs and a new handset ought to go on the basement door.

Spring fashions online are drawing my attention away. Have to ask Mom if anything I have spotted would interest her for May. I found a light jacket and shirt so far.

The family will be living from pantry and dwindling refrigerated supplies over the weekend. Monday is my planned grocery shop day.

Ms Sunshine needs to end this month-long April Fool type weather and hustle Spring on-board very soon. The greyness and chill are mood breakers.

Canada Child Benefit (Covid-19) update for May is posted in the Finance subforum.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Very pleased with my fortinos online order ,they substituted lean ground beef for the regular one I picked ,areo bars for the jersey milk and no name mustard for .99 as they didn't have the Heinz that was 2.12.

I am okay with this plus she gave me a 10.00 credit on my credit card from last time they missed a 4.00 item ,and over charged me 2.00 on the zucchini -so I am up 4.00.

Plus I got 4,800 personal offers in p.c points.

When we went at 1.20 to pick up the groceries there was a long line up outside about 30 people.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Well no easy afternoon here. Our meeting was over 2 hours long and it could have gone longer but it was time to get back to work.

My afternoon has been one thing after another, it looks like I have been from the Manager's Group to the Admin Group and prior to me joining the admin group they have been reading a book. This book will be the topic of Monday's Meeting so I was able to find the Kindle Version, download the Kindle app and Download the Book. So I will have to read it that this weekend, as per Kindle approximate read time is 6 hours.

None of our currently projects are directly mine but I seem to be involved in bits and pieces so now I feel like I have a million of things I need to look at and be prepared to bring forward to support someone else's project. I think it is time to sit down and create a to-do-list that I can work through.

We are really looking at how things can move forward given who knows how long the restrictions will remain in place. One large factor for us is as long as we have to social distance a number of us cannot return to the office as those who have to be in the office are using our work spaces.

Okay, going to try to get a couple things done and then I am done for the day and moving on to home stuff. I think after dinner I will prep so we can cook tomorrow.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My paint job in the livingroom is done!!! Thank you for a properly noted paint can that said "for livingroom touch ups!" As per the label we painted it in 2017. Still looks great! Now I am going to dust and tidy up in there. And wash the couch blanket so it is nice and clean for me to spill wine on it tonight!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I still haven’t received the 5,000 PC points from my sour milk complaint on Monday. It took me another 15min on the phone today and he’s hoping that the points will be added to my account in the next 1 or 2 days.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

3 video lessons recorded for my 5 learning activities next week. I am exhausted. It is all done and I can take a break from the computer tonight. Tomorrow I need to organize my taxes. I have been putting it off bc I am so tired of working on the computer. I was going to do them myself, but now I will just give them to my BIL (nurse's DH, dad of the kiddos we watch on Wed). He is an accountant for a LTC facility and usually does them for us. He offered so I am taking him up on it and abandoning my goal for less hours of figuring out something new on the screen.

I also partook in some retail therapy...Indigo online.

Happy Weekend.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good evening ladies it's been awhile.

Well i must say it's been quite a odd few months I have been in isolation for not quite 8 weeks.I haven't been out as I have bronchitis and seem to catch everything plus an auto-immune disease.My depression seems to be getting the best of me.My DD has been dragging me out of the house to go for walks or I would still be moping around.

My poor DD has been doing the groceries for 4 family members once every 10 days I think she's pretty feed up by now especially when there a limit of 2 per item,

On April 15th my oldest DD was taken me on a 10 cruise to the Caribbean all was paid in full I guess we will wait till next year and see what happens was really looking forward to this trip.

Well I guess i'm off to bed too read for awhile .Evening ladies have an great evening
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a productive day today.
    2hrs of school work
    2x loads of laundry
    finished weeding my dill/pea patch
    made puffed wheat squares with ds.
    Cooked lunch & supper.
    Dishes were all washed up...until I cooked supper.
    Picked up my van this evening. I had the summer tires put on.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Nice to hear from you youandme take care .I myself haven't been in a store since april2,as I just got over shingles last month .

Morning a lovely sleep last night went to bed 9.30-hubby slept in another room as I was snoring he said when he came up. I woke up 5.15 a.m.Did a load of laundry .

Last night at 7.30 we had a video family meeting on zoom -ahh cara was twirling around knocked my son,s glass of red wine on the rug ,Sebastian in Toronto was crying as he misses his cousins and nana and papa -it was comical as my 3 grandkids are all so small (except Ashlyn age 6 who popped her head in for a moment -she showed me a picture of the world she did for earth day -I guess an assignment her teacher asked them to do.

My son said she is keeping up on her school grade 1 .My daughter took Sebastian yesterday on a his scooter so he was sooo happy (he is not that great at social distancing-my daughter tells he we have to give people their space words he may understand a little as he is age 3 -last night he yelled out to me nana -I go to kindergarden in the fall (I guess something to look forward too for him .lol

For sure hubby and I are going for a walk today missed the last 2 days due to rain and yesterday I was soooo tired .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all!!!

omg. the sun is out, and it should be a nice weather day. i am totally looking forward to it.

i have some onion sets to plant. and a few other things.
    get the mail.
    work on the back yard.
    and BBQ
    that will be nice.
    i need a tea. brain is all foggy.

middle child is all moved back . i am a happy mama. ok a very happy mama.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    You and Me take care, I can only imagine your DD's frustration in trying to shop.

Last night I went to bed early with a plan to start reading the book I need for Monday's meeting. Good news, I had a great night sleep, bad news I got 4 pages into my book and started nodding off. It is not that book is boring, I am actually enjoying the book but I was that tired.

I got a good night sleep and am feeling pretty good this morning. I am still feeling congested but the pressure is getting better.

Not sure what our plan is for today, last night we were writing a to do list and Mom kept bringing up road blocks to my ideas but when I asked what she wanted to do or what her thoughts were she just shut down so we both got annoyed with each other. I might just start doing stuff and see where it goes. I have suspected in the past that she might deal with some depression and I am not sure if this is affecting her in ways she is not sharing. Every time I try to talk to her she just shuts down. I can admit I have good and bad days with my anxiety right now but maybe she isn't willing to be open about how she is feeling.

I really should read this book, but I woke up with ambition and a want to get things done so I think I will do stuff around the house instead.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Granger -I did some online shopping at indigo also -I figure I want to have an toy or book to give my grandkids when I see them eventually so got books plus a perfume rollon for me so I can smell nice and coconuty with mango added in .lol

Bbq for sure today made up the hamburgers yesterday .
    Gesilta-nice your one is back home

sassy-hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Everyone enjoy the sun today and get outside -enjoy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

NF was busy by the time I got there. No line up to get into the store, but the checkout line reached the back of the store at the milk section. Thankfully thy got more people on the tills and the lineup started moving better. They also didn’t have a sign to limit my jugs of milk.
    I spent $97 oop, $20 in points, $21 in coupons, and earned 6,750pts, $0.25 CO51. The fridge is full and I was able to buy most items on my list.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 25th, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must say it make me questions when people are being limited on how much milk they can buy at the stores when you are seeing reports of Farmers being told to dump here milk as there is an over supply right now. Is it just that we cannot get the milk to the store?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@YOU AND ME good to see you posting. Hope you feel better soon . I know what you mean about the 2 limit. I am not shopping like before .

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information