User Tag List

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, as they say, the best laid plans. Just as I went to take a break I got 2 large documents we needed to go over for tomorrow's meeting. I have 2 back to back meetings so I decided it was best to go over them tonight so I am not trying to form an opinion last minutes tomorrow. I know both will become motions during the meeting which means we have to vote on them.

Once I was done that I helped make dinner, we had Sticky Chinese Chicken over Rice with mixed veggies. I always do the Rice and Mom did the protein and I offered to do the veggies so I could do some chopping. I do not know what is it but cooking, baking, chopping all of it relaxes me. This is not the first time we have broken down making dinner this way and I have to say I like it and it pulls me away from just working all night.

After dinner I had to check my email as a few more emails had come in. After I was done with the emails I decided to look up some recipes. We have some stuff in the fridge that either I want to use up (we have extra) or needs to be used up so I found some recipes I can make and if nothing else just pop into the freezer for later. I am hoping to find the time to tackle these tomorrow, I have 2 morning meetings back to back and my boss email me to call him tomorrow but I think by 1 pm, I should be able to take a break so hopefully I can get some stuff on the stove to cook away well I work.

Hopefully I have a plan for tomorrow, let's see if I can make it work.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I forgot to share my happy news. I won 250.00 in gift cards of my choice to downtown retailers. Of course all the shops are closed but I can pick restaurants and bakeries so I think that’s going to be my plan. It was a Facebook contest which I never enter so I was glad to win to win their Mother’s Day contest.
    Giseledta, super_e, ROMEO and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That is fantastic!!!!! what a nice win!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I forgot to share my happy news. I won 250.00 in gift cards of my choice to downtown retailers. Of course all the shops are closed but I can pick restaurants and bakeries so I think that’s going to be my plan. It was a Facebook contest which I never enter so I was glad to win to win their Mother’s Day contest.
    @lilio 0003 awesome win congrats and enjoy the gift cards

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Lilo, that is awesome
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-congrats what a nice win for your family

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny start to the day here today. But I heard we may get rain and snow! Yikes!!

Noticed our gas prices have jumped too. Was 80.9L now 88.9L. Slowly creeping back up.

Today is garbage day and I am finally caught up getting it out after missing it a few weeks back. Not good to miss a week when you can only put out every other week!

Today on my breaks I plan to:

Cook up taco meat (I let DS choose dinner- Taco Tuesday it is) We have everything on hand needed so I will chop and shred cheese too so its all ready.
    Fold towels in dryer and put away.
    Clean kitchen as I go.
    Organize things for sale.
    Remove 2 laundry hampers full of junk from the laundry room. (enough is enough- get it out of here!)
    Clean the garage a bit. Maybe return the empties if possible
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, May 12th, 2020 at 11:14 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Most of our grocery stores have gone back to their regular hours around here.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out because DS has been asking for milk. Line up at RCSS but gas was only 80.7 there so I filled up. (they always hold off when others go up) Happy I popped out!

I went to Food Basics since there wasn't a line. Grabbed a few things for DS Still haven't made it to Costco. The line up was crazy on the weekend. Didn't need anything that bad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ours are creeping back to reg hours as well.

i am hoping the limiting of people in the store, and social distancing continues. I may be a fan of social distancing in grocery stores.

ok. last day of my videos , i had thought yesterday was but its today.
    going to be along day.

i am watching what Ontarios next week or so will look like. I will have to send out memos to my parents about .. them returning.. the next few months are causing me stress. unknown... causes me a stress. sigh. but these are the times we live in.

ok. today.

tuna cassarole for supper.
    Middle did not get the ceiling done. but it should be done tonight. so i am pleased.
    finish teh laundry room
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Same here, they are starting to get longer but there has also been a lot of push back so we will see where it all lands. Although we also have a lot of non chain stores not extended their hours and some are now also closing on Sundays so we will see.

From what I have been reading and hearing, I do not see social distancing ending anytime soon, when you look at most companies plans, most are making plans for the rest of 2020. A number of companies including the ones we deal with at work (suppliers, customers) a lot of them are planning there "re-opening" but it includes not actually reopening their locations, they will move forward with curb-side and remote workers are being told they will remain remote for the rest of 2020.

It is not going to be easy for business as one factor people are not looking at, it isn't just what the government will allow but also what customer's are comfortable with. We deal with some Hardware Stores who have not reopened as one staff is uncomfortable but two when they spoke to customer's a lot of customers said they do not want to go into the store and feel safer with curb-side pick up. Now the surprising thing to me is these are not stores in high population areas there are some country stores. I think this is what we are seeing now a number of stores have re opened just for curb-side and the customers are not there.

I saw it a week ago, someone on facebook claimed Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket got inside knowledge that last week Ford was announce to keep things fair malls could reopen either this week or next (obviously bad insider knowledge) but I would say at least 95% of people who commented said even if the malls re opens they will not go. The same with business with store fronts and even groceries people feel more comfortable with curb-side and click and collect.

Originally my thought was I would be back in the office by August or September now I think we are more looking at maybe 2021 but only time will tell. So now, I really have to figure out how to do my job from a distance, we had a freeze on hiring but we cannot hold off forever so how do I train staff when I cannot set foot in a branch and I don't even want to think about travelling to be in an out of town branch, staying in a hotel scares me right now. We all have to find our new normal.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided I need to start posting stuff for sale and just get it out of here. Posted my 1st items this morning for $30 and it was just picked up.
    She asked if I wanted an email transfer or cash and I said whatever was easier for her. She told me she would bring cash in an envelope.
    Fine with me. Tonight after work I need to start posting stuff for sale!!

So my 2020 Crap Sold jar has finally started (I have been slacking so bad!)
    $30 Start!
    Giseledta likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -my dear daughter was suppose to have an intern hired for under her ,not happening .They were told to expect to work from home til aug for sure ,who know what after that .A few of her friends companies told employees 10-20% cut in wages for now,so she is lucky so far .She still is putting a lot of time in the average day and a bit on the weekends .I really feel for her ,as her friends don't have children and it is so much easier than having a 3/and a half year old say "play with me".

Well in the mail I got a dental bill from feb $151.00(nice cost for my chipped tooth -uggg thank goodness hubby has a company dental plan ,so I called and paid over the phone .

Well I was gonna venture out on sunday to grocery stores ,but decided not on a long weekend .Plus fortinos is being really fair and timely when they make an error as my mastercard was credited with the money they owed me this morning .So another order I started for pickup sunday night.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Scratched almost everything off my list today! Sold a 2nd item for $15 and she etransferred the money already for pick up tomorrow.
    Think i need some fresh air. Will go pick up the mail and get out for a bit.
    Giseledta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am stressing about my summer. and not going to the park.. sigh... ok. need plan b.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information