User Tag List

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well....

I went out shopping on my day off yesterday morning for my friend in Whitby. Went at 6am to get everything then checkout...

It didn't go too great, the cashier was amazing and polite about my price matching, but the customer behind me in line... Not so much.

She (An elderly lady) was very angry that I was in the store, tried to get the security guard to kick me out, and got my ASM to complain to, "Why is he in here!?! Only seniors can be here now!!!" Even after my ASM explained that I was an employee, allowed to be there, AND that I help to keep the shelves stocked for HER shopping, she still wasn't having any of it, and threatened to go to the St.Catharines Standard.

But my ASM had my back, and told her to go to the Standard if she really wanted to. I will say I was taking a little bit of time at checkout with only one lane open, but managed to price match and coupon FOUR separate transactions in under 30 mins which in itself is an accomplishment.

But I managed to get the groceries to my friend and she was very happy... All in all, about $450 spent for $1000 or so worth of product. Hopefully it will last her a while, but we will see...

ALSO a little rant.. After my landlord having the fridge on all floors in my apartment cleaned, meaning I had to wake up from my sleep and get my food moved out into coolers (otherwise it would've been thrown out regardless)... NOW there is no power to half the kitchen (Stove and countertop plugs) with NO NOTICE of this... I'm about ready to move out into a proper apartment. Cost be damned!!!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Thu, May 28th, 2020 at 02:46 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

John, i am sorry she did that. what a entitled b####. hopefully your friends food lasts a bit.
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning, so the project yesterday didnt go as planned. we ended up getting it done, and it worked out but never doing plumbing again

today is a full on , housework , laundry and daycare room getting done kinda day. lots to do .
    i may pop over to foodland and grab buns, feeling like burgers. if the weather is nice i will bbq.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I saw in one of the local papers yesterday that when Homesense opened yesterday there were approximately 300 epople in line waiting to go in. They averaged a 2 hour wait to get in the store. I could not imagine standing in line for 2 hours, I have not stood in a line that long to get groceries.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I saw in one of the local papers yesterday that when Homesense opened yesterday there were approximately 300 epople in line waiting to go in. They averaged a 2 hour wait to get in the store. I could not imagine standing in line for 2 hours, I have not stood in a line that long to get groceries.
    Same! I have come home and said we need to make what we have work. Never going to wait in a long line up for groceries let alone to buy stuff made in China!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was good and got up early to deal with the clothing in the washing machine. Most hung up to dry. Dryer put on for a bit. Clean capris for the next few days

My fav independent coffee shop is open for coffee Thurs-Sat from 8am till 2pm. They started being open for curb side pick up a week or so ago for their ground coffee and baked goods. They also sell local fresh items. They are a very "green" " support gay lifestyle judgement free sorta place" " "support local" place and all are very nice friendly people. The girl will see me in line and make my coffee for me so I never have to wait long. They are set up perfectly. They have a large sign out front stating that only 3 customers in the store at a time and to please stand apart and on the green stickers on the ground. They have it marked outside where the line is to wait. Good for them. Happy they are doing it right from the start. I could see lots (about 30) pick up orders ready on a table for today. And I'm sure those people will grab a coffee as well
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok tonight! I need to get on the laundry. I want it all done and put away so I don't have to worry about it this weekend and can enjoy the outside!
    Finish cleaning the patio. Have DS go dump the tree branches in the bush ( we load it all in the wheel barrow and then dump nature back in nature)
    Get the gazebo netting and roof on.
    Spray the 4 muskoka chairs clean and have DS hopefully give them all a fresh coat of paint. (Bought the can years ago and we re-fresh them every 2 years. That is the beauty of good solid wood items )
    Have DS sand the fire pit and look for paint on sale. (I'm ok not painting it till the fall and storing it in the shed so it is good as new for the Spring) I was bad and didn't cover it from the start
    Cut the grass. I just cut the front last week and it is so long again!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    /facepalm

It appears some people have gone from stir-crazy to just plain crazy. While I only shop there very occasionally, don't read their ads every week, and can only speak for myself, I don't think I've never seen a deal that was so good I'd stand in line for even a minute, never mind two hours.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Both of my daycare families did last minute cancellations for today, so I just have my own 3 children today. Dh stayed home with the kids while I did a quick trip to NF before he left for work.

I spent $32.20oo
    Redeemed $10
    used $14 in coupons
    Earned 6,200pts
    No Cook’s ham or canned pineapple in stock. Celery and watermelon didn’t look good, so I didn’t buy that either.
    No Activia yogurt either. I planned on PM’ing and using my points offer on it.

I was able to exchange the $15 bag of stale pecans too. The customer service never called or emailed me back after my phone call 3wks ago.

I have a load of towels going right now. I’ll do some clothes after that. It’s windy, but decent out today.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 28th, 2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am on my 3rd load of towels. and working my way through the housework ... i really suck at housework.

a dc parentof mine.. signed her older child up for a camp... she got notice that the camp has been cancelled.. but .. they will offer it virtually... or she can consider the fee a donation....
    think about that..
    she did 3 weeks... i am ... gobsmacked.
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am with you on the housework, I see it, I know I need to do but getting it done is the issue. Although I have learned I don't necessarly hate cleaning, give me paper towel and cleaner and watch me go but I hate tidying up. If I can just go into a room and clean it and not have to move 500 things or put 200 things away, I will clean but I think this is my other pet peeve is nick nacks and decorative things everywhere, I don't mind a few but we have WAY too many. This is the downfall to Mom's work is sees stuff that is cute and waits for it to go on sale and then uses her discount and we end up with WAY too much. This is why we own 3 Christmas Trees even though we don't decorate for Christmas.

Depending what type of Camp it was virtual is extremely hard. Our local Gymnastic Club is offering virtual classes but one most do not have the equipment at home, two most don't have the room so kids watch instructors do the work out and they get to stretch. I also heard locally I think it was baseball is cancelled but registration was $170 but they are only refunding $100 as they said the $70 will be used to promote the 2021 season and pay for the administration fees.

I feel like parents are in a hard sitaution, they had to sign there kids up or risk not getting a spot but now that they have signed up they aren't getting a refund but still need to find something to do with their kids especially if they have been forced to return to work.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am on my 3rd load of towels. and working my way through the housework ... i really suck at housework.

a dc parentof mine.. signed her older child up for a camp... she got notice that the camp has been cancelled.. but .. they will offer it virtually... or she can consider the fee a donation....
    think about that..
    she did 3 weeks... i am ... gobsmacked.
    yeah no way. Give her a refund. How can they even think this is an option to give parents geez

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    yeah no way. Give her a refund. How can they even think this is an option to give parents geez
    i know right. and sorry, but its alot of money!!! like alot. i get that camps are not cheap.. but provide the service , or refund the money
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Managed to cut the back lawn before it rained around 11.00 this morning ,perfect timing as its garbage day on Friday and our leaf and grass bags are now being taken weekly -yes.

Just got off the phone with joe fresh ,my tank top went down 3.00 in price from yesterday ."Can you adjust it "I asked well my system is down ,I will put a note on it ,it may take 2 weeks to adjust .

Eveything is soo slow ,hubby is waiting on his power washer ,I am waiting for a curb pickup of my whipper snipper -ahhh when we ordered the stores were not open .

Called the Walmart 1-800 number as I admatched a few of my online groceries from april 30 -still a month later I called may 6 and she noted it and gave me a reference number .Now this girl will expedite it and call me on Monday or Tuesday -uggg it is about $6.35 .

The winners by me opened 13 minute drive and now way would I wait in line -I haven't waited in any line so far -other than Dollarama 3 people were in front of me when it opened .Mind you I just started shopping in stores the past 2 weeks.

I even had a gift card for winners ,I find their clothing hit or miss for me .I do like their sheets ,face clothes, towels ,kids clothing ,candles etc makeup.I for sure will wait a while before venturing to winners.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i have to rant this off i am so pissed frustrated and mad with nestle hagaan dazz ice cream 2 tubs(same date) I had a problem and even with pictures and all the infos they did not want to refund me ....so 15$ in the trash..never i will buy this brand again,...totally boycotting now
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information