User Tag List

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and they took like 2 weeks to respond to my email..what the hell is that a compagny
    Giseledta, ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

ben and gerry ice cream is good and dont have this problem..and it was 3$ last week at maxi so I will buy this brand now
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just got home from No Frills. Spent just over $22 and got so much! Love the $1 pineapples. Bought 4. The pasta on for 5o cents last week was reg price on shelf but they had a display for 50 cents still so bought 8 more. Great for donation! Cream cheese and bagels for DS. Not great to eat but hey he is a kid and better then take out etc.
    They also have the pc frozen veggies on for $2. I bought 1 bag of the riced cauliflower. I think i should clean the freezer and do a stock up to cover us the winter. I will appreciate it then.
    Well DS is in my way for laundry so it will wait till Monday probably.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

edit: after reitering my insatisfaction they will send a voucher...gosh,...
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Another busy day at work but it was good, it made the day go by quickly. Althought it fel like my cell phone was permenantly attached to my ear, a lot of phone calls today.

I did not really get much done around the house today as everytime I walked away from my laptop my phone rang.

Mom went to get her winter tires switched after she was done she went to Food Basics as we were supposed to go grocery shopping this week but bumped it to next week. Really we aren't out of anything we need but Mom strangely wanted lettuce which is weird as normally she does not eat Salad, even when I make it she only had a tiny bit and I eat most of it. So she grabbed:
    Romaine Hearts
    Mushrooms
    Cherries
    Homogonized Milk
    Plain Greek Yogurt

I want to try to make homemade Yogurt again and I need Homogonized Milk, I was going to grab at Costco but she grabbed a bag at Food Basics so I can try making the Yogurt this weekend instead of waiting until we go to Costco next week. The plain Greek Yogurt is also to make Yogurt, you need it as a starter and we only have Vanilla right now.

Last time I tried to make Homemade Yogurt, I used my Instant Pot but I have been watching a number of online videos and even people who regulary use their Instant Pots all seem to prefer making Yogurt in their Crock Pot. This time I am going to try the Crock Pot Method and see if works out better for me. My first attempt wasn't bad but was thin and super tart.

Had Mom not have been going out anyways to get her Tires done, we would have gone without shopping until we went next week but I am happy to have Lettuce and Mushrooms, these are both staples in our house.

I need to plan my meal prep for this weekend, we ate everything I made last weekend which is good. I wasn't sure if with us both being home if we would eat it all but knew what we did not eat I could freeze. We ate it all so my plan is to meal prep again this weekend.

Mom is still waiting on her schedule apparently they still cannot re activate her in the system so they have to pencil her in but she isn't the only one, half the store is like this. Hopefully we find out tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, May 28th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a different, but productive day.

late this afternoon I baked a small cheesecake and a pan of oatmeal
    cherry squares. For supper tonight I cooked sweet and sour pork with rice and mixed veggies.

I posted and sold something tonight for $20.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It is a work night for me. Carpe noctum! I prefer to work through the night because it is cool and quiet and the internet is fast. Have a great night, everyone, even if that means lying insensate...translation: getting a good night's sleep.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well....

I went out shopping on my day off yesterday morning for my friend in Whitby. Went at 6am to get everything then checkout...

It didn't go too great, the cashier was amazing and polite about my price matching, but the customer behind me in line... Not so much.

She (An elderly lady) was very angry that I was in the store, tried to get the security guard to kick me out, and got my ASM to complain to, "Why is he in here!?! Only seniors can be here now!!!" Even after my ASM explained that I was an employee, allowed to be there, AND that I help to keep the shelves stocked for HER shopping, she still wasn't having any of it, and threatened to go to the St.Catharines Standard.

But my ASM had my back, and told her to go to the Standard if she really wanted to. I will say I was taking a little bit of time at checkout with only one lane open, but managed to price match and coupon FOUR separate transactions in under 30 mins which in itself is an accomplishment.

But I managed to get the groceries to my friend and she was very happy... All in all, about $450 spent for $1000 or so worth of product. Hopefully it will last her a while, but we will see...

ALSO a little rant.. After my landlord having the fridge on all floors in my apartment cleaned, meaning I had to wake up from my sleep and get my food moved out into coolers (otherwise it would've been thrown out regardless)... NOW there is no power to half the kitchen (Stove and countertop plugs) with NO NOTICE of this... I'm about ready to move out into a proper apartment. Cost be damned!!!
    Well... An update to this story as I heard from my coworkers...

Apparently the lady came back to talk to my ASM again, and he explained everything to her again and how my shopping was for a family who is struggling financially (Which is the case, COVID has hit their incomes hard) and she apologized to my ASM for her behaviour and didn't realize I was shopping for the reason that I was...

So it's something...
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have 2 back to back meeting this morning, hoping this all goes as planned as they are literally back to back.

I am thinking I might actually try making the yogurt today, it is a long process to make but it isn't labour intensive. This way I can get that part done and out of the way, plus if needed I would have my Crock Pot for my Meal Prep over the weekend.

I still need to come up with a plan for my Meal Prep, I think I might make a bunch of side dishes so we only need to worry about the protien. Although I do like having grab and go food in the fridge when things get crazy. For sure I have come up with something for breakfast, at least 2 mornings a week I have morning meetings so I like to have to something on hand I can quickly grab and eat as this meeting is long and if I do not eat before it is a long meeting.

Also want to use up our last tub of Ricotta, we will get more at Costco next week so need to come up with a plan for that.

Well, it looks like I have a lot to figure out today.

Have a wondeful day everyone and hope everyone in Ontario is enjoying the cooling weather although it looks like the rain will come later.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -tried to get the free KitKat offer -sold out at 9.03.They give away a 1,000,i heard they go fast.Oh well I tried .

Laundry to do ,then start another puzzle .

Yes it feels a touch bit cooler and that is nice ,may give myself a pedicure ,I have been wearing foot cream the past few nights (okeefes -it is good stuff)picking a nice new colour maybe red for my feet.

Update:cath-on kit kat mine said "already claimed a box or else they are gone" and ita the first time I did it.So I think that is a standard reply for everyone if it is gone .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, May 29th, 2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i know ..about that promo..I woke up at 6 am just for not missed it..and guess what they said I already claim a box witch I dont..so send a message to fb kitkat..alot of person had this problem...unfair..will see.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Can't really go anywhere but still happy it is Friday!

I splurged on myself. I never do and you know what, I'm tired of never buying myself something for a change. Saw a beautiful Ralph Lauren brown Leather purse (I need away from black!) on the mom swap. As new. worth over $250. I paid $25 My guy picked it up for me while working since it was 45 mins away from us.
    It will be my Fall purse! Its so beautiful

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    i know ..about that promo..I woke up at 6 am just for not missed it..and guess what they said I already claim a box witch I dont..so send a message to fb kitkat..alot of person had this problem...unfair..will see.
    This is the message that I have received this week when I have tried to order one. It says that you have requested one already, or that they have already run out.
    Attachment 362506
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes I guess we all received this message ,so it must be a general message for the KitKat promo -I heard they go super fast like in 3 minutes or less.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes hubby's shorts from old navy fit him (nylon wicking ones reg 25.00 on for $12.50 awhile back )now he has 5 pairs of shorts .So glad I don't have to return them later.That in itself made my day .
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information