Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...trictions.html

"...
    The premier said Ontario’s stay-home order, which has been in effect since last week, will be extended until May 20.

Police and First Nations constables will be empowered to randomly stop motorists and ask them for identification and why they are out and about. Scofflaws face $750 fines.
    There will be a ban on outdoor gatherings with people from other households unless it’s with someone who lives alone.'''"
    I like the analysis given by the Canadian Civil Liberties Union during their interview on CTV: the basic principle of 'innocent until proven guilty' has change to 'everyone is presumed guilty.'
    Giseledta, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Managed to book my Covid 19 shot (#1)
    Giseledta, ROMEO, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so , new restrictions for ontario include no playgroud equipment. ....

on my personal fb page, i am seeing people post.. i went to the climbers ( seriously we dont have many.. its a small flipping town) and tore down the tape.. not gonna stop me or my kids... yea me...

people suck.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by alex78; Sat, Apr 17th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What he is doing is too little too late. His half measures will do nothing at this point-in-time. He should have listened to the experts months ago. Now the crisis we are in is of his making. 100%. He had no guts. He is in the back pockets of business who want to keep warehouses open. He needs to grow a pair and do what needs to be done. Not this crap he is doing now. But then as I said it is too late. Nothing more from me on this.

As for the offer of the Red Cross. They could help in many other ways and not just vaccinate. They could take the strain off other health care who could be deployed elsewhere to assist. But then you will spin that too. So go ahead. Spin away.

BTW you are not the only person here who is in danger of not surviving. So do not play that card.

I wish you good luck. That is my last comment in this topic. Cheerio.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Apr 17th, 2021 at 07:30 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Ford was blowing smoke yet again, and anyone who didn't realize it quickly should have. Allowing police to stop people isn't nearly the same as actually implementing a plan to have them do so, and he apparently had and has no plan to make the checks actually happen in any way that would be meaningful in fighting the pandemic.

Did he actually think the police would be eager to do this? If he did, he was being naive or stupid. If he didn't, then I can only assume he was basically lying to the public yet again by talking tough while doing much less than enough to back up either his words or the tough on COVID image he wants the public to have.

IMO, all he was doing was setting himself up so be able to say he's not at fault when - very predictably - the police don't start making stop after stop day after day.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ford should have instituted a curfew, closed all non-essential businesses and ordered stay at home long time ago. He closed the borders between ON and MB and ON and QC except for essential workers and he is begging the QC govt to send docs and nurses to help. Where does he think these peeps come from. Out of thin air. QC is dealing with its own problems. Granted they are not as dire as ON but still. Right now what he is doing it too little too late.

My friend from Alberta called yesterday and said she had her second vaccine and was sick like a dog. She though she was going to die. She had all the Covid symptoms. She also said if these symptoms were mild, God help those who have the real thing! All the symptoms disappeared within 3 days. By the way, she had the Moderna vaccine. We got Pfizered, so i hope we dont get these symptoms after our second shot.

I decided to take a break from watching TV for the weekend. I just wanted to recharge and not hear anything Covid related. Monday is a new day and i can listen to all the latest covid news. It kinda feels good. Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post

My friend from Alberta called yesterday and said she had her second vaccine and was sick like a dog. She though she was going to die. She had all the Covid symptoms. She also said if these symptoms were mild, God help those who have the real thing! All the symptoms disappeared within 3 days. By the way, she had the Moderna vaccine. We got Pfizered, so i hope we dont get these symptoms after our second shot.
    Did she get sick from the first shot as well?
    ROMEO, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have had 2 doses of the AZ with no problems. But my friend in Saskatoon got her first AZ on Thursday and she said yesterday her thigh was all red and hot-she iced it and it went away after 30 minutes but I told her she should go to emerg just to be on the safe side-that did not sound normal to me. I think if it is a clot it can be easily treated once diagnosed.

My Dh was saying one of his co-workers early 20's son got vaccinated in Spain and could not get out of bed the whole next day-young, fit guy. Not sure which vaccine he received.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It looks like the symptoms really range from person to person. Both sis and step-mom got moderna, Sis said her arm was sore and a bit tired the day she got the shot, Step-Mom said the next day she felt like she had been hit by a truck.

Still trying to get mine and mom's shot booked but since we are not in a "Hotspot" it is proving tricky. Our region has confirmed 80% of vaccines designated for region are going to "Hotspot" clinics and because of this all other clinics are either closed or working on reduced hours as there are not enough vaccines.

Was also reading Ontario deemed 13 "Hotspots" in our region but the region has decided to focus on just 5 "Hotspots" for the time being until more vaccines are available.

I very much have mixed feelings about the new restrictions, I feel not enough measures are being taken for number to really drop. Only time will tell.
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My dad my uncle and my aunt will get their first shot on tuesday.I think it will be pfizer.but not 100% sure.For me it will be later since I am 36 years old
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

DW got her shot yesterday(Pfizer) and had no side affects(then again she's a hardy northerner). Mine is on the 28th as I didn't want any side affects(I'm a suck) to interfere with appointments made beforehand and necessary to keep.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FWIW and for those on the fence about Covid vaccines I have a true story to tell. Talked to my sister in the US today. She and her husband and two teenaged kids contracted Covid last April and AGAIN in July. She is a long hauler and unable to work-she is mostly still in bed and suffers daily from vomiting, fever, no appetite, now diagnosed with diabetes, never thirsty and on and on-the list goes on. I am still hopeful she will recover but it is awful.

She has just had 2 Pfizer shots which made her extremely sleepy for a couple of days after-she barely has the energy to get out of bed-even a trip into the backyard is wearing her out. Previously she was a healthy 50 year old. Even after 2 vaccines she is afraid to go out in case she gets it a third time. She is a guinea pig with this disease and the docs sure don't know how to fix her. Even though she was never hospitalized and appears to have no brain or lung damage clearly this disease has affected her whole system-blood sugar, temperature, appetite, neurological symptoms etc. She may be an extreme case but...

To top it all off there is no long haul Covid followup clinic in her state to say she has this-so she has to put together her own medical team and undergo many tests to convince her employer she is eligible for long term disability. Her 16 year old is able to get vaccinated tomorrow thankfully.

On a more positive note my 62 year old sister in Germany was finally able to book her first AZ vaccine this week and her second in July. She did not hesitate as she has seen the devastating effects of this disease on my sisters family. I have a couple of friends my age who are waiting for Pfizer -I am hoping they do not get ill while they wait since AZ is available to them already. I know each person must make their own decision but....
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Apr 19th, 2021 at 05:30 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

this is a video of the mobile hospital unit that was set up at sunnybrook health science centre in toronto.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Did she get sick from the first shot as well?
    She had no symptoms from the first shot.
    Skippy and princessjen like this.

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information