User Tag List

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... It's official, the Essential Workers Pay Premium is over for us, so that will mean $320 less per month for me. Gotta try to cut back again and keep expenses in line so I can continue to try to save as much as I am right now (About $1000/mo). Apparently Galen believe we are still important, but not "essential" anymore and that despite COVID still being out there and collegues at other stores getting the virus, we have enough protections in place.

I knew it wasn't gonna last forever, but it was nice to get a look at what my pay will be like once I reach top rate (by October 2021, If I am with them for that long... I don't know what the world will bring for me yet)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has been awhile since I have been able to say this but wow this week flew by which is nice. I didn't even realize until mid afternoon it was Thursday.

I have a lot on my plate but I am also getting a lot done. I have not gotten much done around the house but I am hoping I can get my work done, off my plate so I can spend the weekend focusing on my house.

I also want to get some more meal prepping done, it has been amazing to have meals ready to go so we just need to reheat and serve. I forgot how simple Dinner can be when prep it all out.

I have started my meal prep plan for the weekend, so far I need to use some bananas that are on their last legs, I have some Buttermilk I need to use up and I need to make buns since we didn't buy any.

I have been watching a lot of meal prep and easy dinner videos on youtube to give me inspiration. I need to get back to using our Crock-Pots and Instant Pot to help speed up the process and less hands on work. As much as I loved how much we got done last weekend I was feeling sore by the end of it.

Tomorow I will clean up my office to make room so we can use at least part of the table to Meal Prepping. We are limited on Counter Room so what I usually do is set up the Crock-Pots, Instant Pot & Bread Machine in the Dinning Room so they can do their thing but are also out of the way.

Alright, my work day is done so I am off to pinterest to see if I can find some ideas for the weekend.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well... It's official, the Essential Workers Pay Premium is over for us, so that will mean $320 less per month for me. Gotta try to cut back again and keep expenses in line so I can continue to try to save as much as I am right now (About $1000/mo). Apparently Galen believe we are still important, but not "essential" anymore and that despite COVID still being out there and collegues at other stores getting the virus, we have enough protections in place.

I knew it wasn't gonna last forever, but it was nice to get a look at what my pay will be like once I reach top rate (by October 2021, If I am with them for that long... I don't know what the world will bring for me yet)
    So sorry to hear! I just read an email - it still isn't the time to end the pay premium. I hope you are making more than minimum wage, as the comment about government-led effort annoyed me. Perhaps all industries should consider that and not wait for the government.

here is part of what Galen Weston wrote in his email:

• Finally, as the economy slowly reopens and Canadians begin to return to work, we believe it is the right time to end the temporary pay premium we introduced at the beginning of the pandemic. Things have now stabilized in our supermarkets and drug stores. After extending the premium multiple times, we are confident our colleagues are operating safely and effectively in a new normal. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s best places to work. I continue to be a strong believer in a progressive minimum wage and would support any government-led effort to establish a living wage. My heartfelt thanks to every one of our colleagues for their incredible efforts during the peak of the crisis.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jun 11th, 2020 at 10:03 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold more dill plants for $5 today.

This is the first year that I’ve had a problem with my pea seeds being stolen from the garden...presumably birds. So I tracked down more pea seeds last weekend and spent this week weeding my dill/pea patch. It has a bad chick weed problem. My other raised beds do not have a problem with chick weeds, they’re clean of weeds by comparison. Ugh my body hurts, especially my knees and back. I hope these peas grow well.

My kids turned their corner of the garden into a large mud pit today. They had a very muddy blast. It took a lot to get them all washed up for lunch. I did a load of towels. Then I scrubbed the bathroom mat. Next, I scrubbed mud out of my kids’ clothes. I don’t wash daycare kids’ clothes. The clothes and towels are waiting to be folded.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Let's get this work day done!
    I have a pick up on the way for $10 Not really going to boost my posts since I plan to be unavailable starting at 3:30 today till Tuesday so don't want to plan pick ups that far away. Will wait till Tuesday during the day and refresh all my posts for pick up starting that evening.

I have a huge clothing rack (used as a drying rack) So I have been hanging the clothing on there. I put it out on my porch just now (out of the elements in case it starts to rain) Then they can look at the dresses and take and leave the money. Its working so far. I will continue posting Ladies clothing next week then the week after I will tackle DS's closet and move all his too small stuff to the rack and post it for sale. I have school uniform pieces to post for sale too but have been waiting till this school year is done. They always sell well. I bought a huge lot for DS cheap and he is picky and wants to wear same stuff so I wash and wear. So will sell all the extra stuff.

Have a safe and frugal weekend everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pick up done and she bought another item so paid another $5 It all adds up.
    I have a drop off on my way somewhere this afternoon so another $5 (and 2 pairs of DS too small shorts out of the house)
    And a $10 drop off on my next trip to Costco. Told the lady not to drive all this way just for items that I would deliver when I was in her area next time. She is was very thankful.
    So happy to have this stuff going out the door!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Do you guys like Kirkland Signature Milk Chocolate Almonds?
    They’re $35.11 for 1.5 Kilogram On Amazon.ca.
    to be clear, I don’t have Costco membership and the closest location is over 2hrs away from where we live.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We had them last year around Christmas time they were really good but haveb't bought again the price scares me off.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    It was another super busy day and just finsihed work now although I did take a mid afternoon break.

I had some Bananas I needed to use up, I was going to bake with them tomorrow but realized a few would not make it so I whipped up a batch of Muffins.

Mom is not feeling well today so I made Dinner, I pulled a small Cooked Beef Roast from the Freezer and made a Mushroom Gravy with Carrots & Celery and made a Sheppard's Pie. I am also still trying to use up my Homemade Yogurt which taste more like Sour Cream so I used some in Muffins and then made Sour Cream Buns to go with the Sheppard's Pie.

I still have some Yogurt left so I will figure out how to use the rest up tomorrow. I saw a Lemon Sour Cream Muffin recipe I might try. I will also use the whey and make buttermilk which I will need to use.

Off to clean up the kitchen so I can start with a clean work space tomorrow

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i need to do a bit of planning for the week... both daycare wise and food wise. sigh
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We harvested and ate the first 5 radishes from the garden. Chives were a part of supper again tonight. The kids have been happily snacking on dill from the garden. I don’t think that I planted enough carrots this year...I’m trying to figure out how to squeeze some more into the garden and plant it this weekend.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Hugged my cousin today and it was wonderful. Older son did steak for dinner and we all sat out side for the evening and chatted. He brought his little dog and our dog was tuckered out by the time they left. It was a bit cool so we turned on the outdoor fireplace.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had so many great plans for today but I am seriously lacking ambition today.

I have tried trolling pinterest for some ambition but so far no luck.

Maybe I will start with some laundry and see where it goes from there.

Last night I started working on our meal plan for the week, I need to finish this tonight. I also need to figure out something for quick breakfasts this week as I have a couple of days where my mornings are booked up so it is going to have to be quick grab and go meals. Plus I some how ended up double booked one day this week.

Also, it looks like it is going to get quite warm the end of the week so I will need to figure out meals for those days. I gotta tell you Ductless AC is looking better and better.

I think I might also tackle our budget, I have been keeping track of spending and know we are over budget on groceries but under budget everywhere else but I have not been tracking by category. I think it is time to move some money around and see exactly where we stand. There are few items I would like to purchase for those house but well things are not looking up when it comes to $$$$, Mom got a whole 3 hours this week. Trying to stay positive but I am starting to get frustrated again, it seems like we cannot move forward. I am really thinking about selling stuff again, I had been holding off as it does not seem like our town has embraced e-transfers and contactless pick up. Something else to consider as I do have a bunch of stuff set off to the side that we want to sell, oh well I will think about.

Alright I must find some ambition, let's start with laundry. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

got up, painted for my mom.
    home now... going to work on the front flower beds.

i think i am going to bbq tonight, that should be nice.
    and i have a bunch of planning to do for the daycare. get that organized.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I WON THE IPAD!!!

Over the last 5 weeks we have been participating in a regional contest on Facebook. Each week that we completed the family activity and submitted a picture of us doing the activity, we earned 1 entry. We had 5 entries, from the 5 weeks. I won a $25gc one week and today was the draw for the grand prize, which was the iPad. She’ll deliver it later today. Woohoo!
    FABULOUS NEWS! Congratulations, @Angela _273!!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information