User Tag List

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taking advantage of this sunny windy weather and hung a load of laundry out to dry. All shirts on hangers so I just have to hang directly in the correct closet. Boxers and shorts drying on hangers too but will take off hanger and fold to put away.
    I also put a load of whites in washer but will dry and put away when done.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

21.00 for grapes.... omg!!! i would .. wow. omg.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, great morning so far. if the rain hold off, then i will clean out the small shed after work . i i use it to store outdoor daycare toys. plasma cars ect.
    i am leaning towards chili for supper. comfort food. lol

hubby got paid, so i need to move da money to da spots. lol. i am off for the next 2 weeks. so i have no income... joy of self employment. But that is ok. i love my job.
    i have a plan for the next 2 weeks. it should be really good.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to Walmart since they had the best deals on the Leadbetter burgers etc. Well they were out of cherries. the popsicles were priced at $4 something. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and everything was sale priced higher then I remembered.
    I will go to No Frills after my pedicure tonight (so excited ) I have the walmart flyer ready to take with me to PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was at the dentist from 11.15 til 1.00 p.m ,wasnt feeling great before i went (i think i was a bit nervous)So root canal and filling went great ,i was sooo frozen .The dentist told me my nerve inside the tooth was dead (that is why i had swelling around my gum once or twice a month ) he said this may fix it 90% it will but i may be the 10% where it wont -we will see.She will mail me what i owe .

Then hubby needed sand paper so dollarama had a lineup of 12 people ,i was not waiting in a 12 people line with a frozen mouth thats for sure ,so off to canadian tire across the way and up the street (no line up)got garbage bags $3.49 for 40 as we dont have a lot of garbage,the sand paper and got myself 3 large dishclothes 2.49 ,picked up a card for my older brother 2.00(again could have gotten one at dollarama but hey whats a dollar more right (its a nice one)

Got in a made chicken and rice soup out of my chicken carcass from last night-yumm gonna go have a bowl now .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It was one of those days but I managed to turn it around.

Not sure why but my anxiety was going insane today and I could not calm myself down. I really wanted to get out of the house even if just to drive around but I had to stay here because I was on chat duty so I was one with my laptop.

Just after 3, I could not take it anymore so I took my phone with me and went to work in the Kitchen, if we got a chat I would go back to my laptop but I needed to be away from my laptop. I might be a little bit weird but chopping, cooking, stirring all calm me down. So I was on a mission.

We had some older Cherry Tomatoes, they were not bad but a little shrivelled, so I roasted them to give them a little more life

I had some older apples that needed to be used up so I made what is called Nanny Special Apple Pie but it really isn't a pie, it is apples with a shortbread topping.

Then I whipped up some brownies, can see tell I was craving some sweets.

Mom went to the store today to grabbed Milk but also grabbed Strawberries so I washed those in a vinegar solution, this is supposed to extend the life and then I sorted them, the nice firm ones are back in the fridge any with marks or soft spots are in a bowl to be cut up.

I used my Salad Spinner to wash the Strawberries so when I was done I cut up my last 2 Romaine Hearts, I was going to ask Mom to grab me more lettuce but the price was high so we skipped the lettuce. They are now cut up and in the fridge to be used for Salads over the weekend or next week.

I also did up all of the dishes so the kitchen is clean.

Not as much as I normally do when I meal prep but it calmed me down and I am feeling much better.

I also did laundry today so I will not need to this weekend. Still have one load left to fold so I better get at that.

Chat is closed so my night is done, I have done four 13 hour days this week, I am super tired now. Might see if I can cut out a little early tomorrow and by early I am thinking 3 pm.

Alright off to fold laundry, find a container for my brownies and see if Mom is going to cut up the Strawberries or if I need to.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was a busy day today ... first to Loblaws in the early morning for the big shop. Then to No Frills to get their sale items. Then back to Loblaws after lunch since the lettuce I bought had a rotten core. At the store they said they are not doing refunds or returns so just to throw it out and grab another. Worked for me. Second was good. Then to FreshCo. Too much walking!

Tomorrow will be on the TTC for the first time since early March. Am going to start my 250$ purchases at Metro and Sobeys on Amex. Plan to stock up on some hard to find items and then also get some good flank and ribeye steaks. Flank for the freezer and Ribeye for a yummy dinner. Also some other meat items. Won't get the statement credit until October but as long as it shows up in this calendar year it can all balance out in the food section of the budget.

Time to refill the bird bath (third time today) as the dirty birds have been splashing all day and evening!

TTFN
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our oldest cat became suddenly very ill late this afternoon. We had to put him down. We adopted him in February 2007. This sucks on so many levels...
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So very sorry to hear that Angela! Horrible news
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ventured to Costco early Wednesday morning and forgot to buy the chicken burgers I went in for, but I did a return I have had for a while. Someone asked me to pick up the Starbucks iced coffee and I claimed it in check out 51 and they paid me 13.00 to pick up an 11.00 product. Not a bad way to make money. So happy it’s almost the weekend. I find taking a day off makes the rest of the week crazy.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela so sorry to year about your fur baby. It’s not easy to lose a furry family member especially when it’s so sudden.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @Angela273 so sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela so sorry for your family's loss of your fur baby
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela sorry about the loss of your fur baby -hugs
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I was at the dentist from 11.15 til 1.00 p.m ,wasnt feeling great before i went (i think i was a bit nervous)So root canal and filling went great ,i was sooo frozen .The dentist told me my nerve inside the tooth was dead (that is why i had swelling around my gum once or twice a month ) he said this may fix it 90% it will but i may be the 10% where it wont -we will see.She will mail me what i owe .

Then hubby needed sand paper so dollarama had a lineup of 12 people ,i was not waiting in a 12 people line with a frozen mouth thats for sure ,so off to canadian tire across the way and up the street (no line up)got garbage bags $3.49 for 40 as we dont have a lot of garbage,the sand paper and got myself 3 large dishclothes 2.49 ,picked up a card for my older brother 2.00(again could have gotten one at dollarama but hey whats a dollar more right (its a nice one)

Got in a made chicken and rice soup out of my chicken carcass from last night-yumm gonna go have a bowl now .
    I wasn't aware that Canadian tire sells greeting cards - thanks for posting.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information