User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haircuts for us tomorrow!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel like I have been lacking focus lately, a me issue so last night before bed I wrote myself a to do list for today, mostly work stuff. I find I get pulled in so many directions during the day I do not get my stuff that only I can do. So I end up working at night or weekends to get this stuff done but after working 2 weeks in a row where I did 4, 13 hour days I am so done, I am tired and I lack even more focus.

I had a plan it was a great plan and then I woke up with a massive headache. I am trying to push through, I took something but so far it is not helping. It is now 10 am, I had a surprise meeting and just finished what I had planned on having done by 8 am.

Thinking I need to re work my day and maybe find something a little easier to work on today. My original plan was to work on permission and settings, this list is an excel spreadsheet that is over 2000 lines long and written in code, literally codes, so thinking that is not a good idea. Maybe I will do some website work instead, it is time consuming but not as much focus is needed.

I have one pick up today $5, I was hoping for more, actually I was hoping to move some of our bigger stuff to make room. Hopefully over the next few days I will see more interest, there seems to be a lot of looking right now but not a lot of buying outside of kid stuff. I have a bunch of clothing items for $1 and have marked all clothing items buy one get one 50% off until July 15th. I think any $1 item that do not sell by the 15th I will donate to make room for new stuff.

Due to our space issues right now, I keep clothing posts to what fits in a big tote we have in the Hallway and I need to make room in the tote so I can post more clothes. Hopefully stuff starts to move.

Alright back to work, must find my focus.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Slow start for me today. Was really tired when I woke up. Still haven't had coffee so should try some soon!

Have a few pick ups scheduled today and if no show someone lined up on a few items so all good.

Just pulled my 1st rubbermaid tote out of the garage for the day. Boys clothes. Should sell well since I post it cheap and it is all so cute
    Can't wait to have all these empty totes to organize I am really anxious to totally clean out the garage. Then I can set up my portable table in there and pull stuff from the basement to post for sale and if it doesn't sell it doesn't come back in the house (this is why the garage was a mess in the 1st place but I have sold so much now from there!)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - i have a old daycare parent who is selling lots, she is writing up huge discriptions for stuff. lots of ... information.. i will message you one of her ads. her stuff is selling fast.
    i have stuff i plan on posting later. i need to do better with my ad dscriptions.

frugalbigmama - i bet your garage is going to look fabulous when it is all done , and you are getting a nice stack of money !!!!!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, daycare interview is done . i should hear soon. i fully expect to get this family, i will be surprised if they decide to go elsewhere.

my youngest cut my hair for me... it looks amazing. very light. she will need to keep it trimmed for me , but that is ok. i trust her. and my hair is extreamly forgiving.

i may go with my hubby over to my moms today, her auction is finishing up.
    i will hit redneck grocery store, for anything i need for tomorrow as stores are closed. or the independednt is open tomorrow... . i cant see that i need anything, but honestly, my brain is busted right now. lol. and i cant think.

plan for tomorrow is a bonefire, and smores... alll 3 kids are home.
    middle just told us they will be moving out beginning of Aug. ... they are moving to i believe the humber north campus , etobicoke . within walkig distance, they will not be attending school.. but looking for a job. sigh. i am .. stuggling... but i know it will be good for them . honestly, i would feel a whole bunch better if i didnt feel we were going to get a second wave. sigh
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta ... much success to middle!!! 👍

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@giselda. Yes I am so motivated! Considering stuff has been in garage for 3 years from garage sale and we did not miss it I am posting it so cheap. Just found a bin of WII, Xbox and Playstation games. This stuff has been selling like hot cakes. Wish I dug the bin out 2 months ago! oh well everything I post seems to sell eventually. Kids books I posted awhile ago I just sold a bag full for pick up on Thursday- she sent etransfer already and an extra $2!!! That is the 3rd time this week someone gave me extra Guess my prices are that good lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m feeling overwhelmed...I’m having issues with my desktop computer. I’m fortunate that my uncle was able to work on my computer remotely to fix some stuff. He’ll try to help me fix some of the stuff another day, but he needed to get back to work. My computer was still doing some stuff and giving some messages that it shouldn’t. This uncle is a professional computer guy and the unofficial tech person for our family. I was able to download Ds’ seesaw journal today. There is one particular picture that I really wanted a copy of, which is in his journal. When I downloaded it, that document and picture isn’t there. I can view it on my phone, but it’s not in the zipped folder. I have logged onto the seesaw website and tried accessing it on there too, but I can’t find it in his journal either. It’s a picture of our cat, King. We had to put him down suddenly last week and this is the last picture that ds had taken of his cat. I have taken a screen shot of the picture on my phone, but that’s not the best quality. I also logged into the app on the iPad and took a screen shot of it there too.

I’ve started working on making a photo album of each of our cats on my computer. I’m going through pictures and putting a copy into the appropriate folder. I’ve been showing the kids. We received the envelope from the vet last night. It had tiny glass containers of kitty fur and a paw print card from our cat.

We also received ds’ report card yesterday. He has done well, but we don’t agree with some of the teacher’s marks. Her comments were very positive in certain areas, ds is a very strong reader, but his grade didn’t reflect this. Our school division assigns grades for each outcome in each subject area, so it’s pretty detailed. Oh well, we’ll continue to work on things. They included a coupon for a free DQ treat for ds. We also received a school calendar, school supply list for Grade 3, and a brief letter telling us who his teacher is for the fall. Someone didn’t proof-read that letter...it says 2019/2020 school year in two areas on that letter. Ds’ teacher has been there for years. I think she’s ok, but I don’t know her that well.

I’m done My 8am dental cleaning and exam. The discolouration on my small front tooth filling is a very common staining, which has happened before with this exact filling. Nothing to be done for it today Due to COVID restrictions. I have a “nice mouth,” which is always encouraging. Unfortunately I have a large metal filling in a molar that needs to be replaced...it’s 22yrs old. My dentist no longer does fillings, which is news to me, so I’m booked in with one of their new guys...which makes me nervous. This tooth has a crack in it from a previous bad dentist. I’m booked in at 8am in August, which means Dh can be home with the kids.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 30th, 2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Mom wants me to move into the guest room and use that as my office because she wants to turn our dining room into a craft room.

But one our Guest room is completely full, spilling into the hallway with all of the stuff we took from Nanny's when she passed that has never been dealt with. This room is going to be hard to clean because it isn't just stuff, it is also FULL of furniture Nanny wanted someone to keep and everyone else said no, so it was moved into our house.

Two, there is no way I am moving into the Guest Room unless we are able to get Ductless Air Conditioning as the top floor of our house gets so gross in the summer and if we are going to look at Ductless I am not buying another portable Air Conditioner when that money could go towards the ductless.

Three, not sure where we are getting the money to set up an office in our Guest Room. There is a lot of talk of new furniture for many rooms in our house but I am not really sure how we are buying all of this.

I am still trying to sell stuff but Mom has decided she is now against selling stuff as "it is too much work" and her words "I am sick of holding onto it until it sells I just want it gone." But I have reminded her we need to money if she wants to buy new furniture as I do not have the money to just buy anything right now, prices are going up but my budget has not increased.

I know we will get it all done and get it all sorted out, just wish we were more of a team and could agree on more. I am the planner the budgeter, Mom is the just do it, it has to be done now, just buy it we will figure out the $$$ later.

I am going to see today if I can set something up that I can just easily slide everything to the back of the tables
    If you have furniture - try donating to a women's shelter. A friend of mine is collecting furniture in Burlington and helping abused women start a new life. Just a thought.

I noticed some areas you can sell used furniture, but where I live, I can't even give it away on kijiji. So I donate and hope someone can use it.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks to my printer who did cooperate this time i printed one coupon for a whole rotisserie chicken for 1$ at maxi next week...it is limit one per custumer with the pc optimun card
    Giseledta, Ciel, GoodBoy and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    @Angela273 Hugs to you for missing your cat. We lost our last pet 5 years ago now and I just can't do another cat. I loved him so much. He was a Himalayan. We have a wild cat on property. He helps with the mice. Every time we think he his gone, he makes an appearance. We call him McSwat because when he was a kitten he use to swat at my husband.
    Have you thought of fixing McSwat and adopting him?
    I know you miss your Himalayan but poor McSwat needs a home.
    I have three cats who refuse to kill any mice in my basement.
    can you post a photo of him?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly we have tried to donate the furniture but no one will take it, I tried I think 5 charities a few years ago and basically all said no. We are not in a well serviced area and these are large household pieces that will not fit in either of our vehicles. Out of the pieces we know are getting rid of 2 are too big to even fit in a pick-up if I borrowed my Dad's. Then we have 2 or 3 other pieces that would fill the truck so I would have to take like 5+ trips with the truck.

For everything we need to get rid of I think we have decided once we deal with the stuff we will be calling Got Junk to take it all away. I know they are probably a bit over prices but they are the only place I can find that will come in and remove the pieces. Everyone else I have spoken to will bring a bin but we have to get the furniture into the bin and that is just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    If you have furniture - try donating to a women's shelter. A friend of mine is collecting furniture in Burlington and helping abused women start a new life. Just a thought.

I noticed some areas you can sell used furniture, but where I live, I can't even give it away on kijiji. So I donate and hope someone can use it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Youngest is helping his Dad install our new to us kitchen faucet. So happy this is being done today
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh accidentally knocked my glass blender off the counter last night...it smashed and the plastic bottom with the blades also broke. The base to the blender is fine, but I’ll probably need to buy a new blender. We often make fruit smoothies and fruit smoothie popsicles. not what I needed right now.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ahhh a haircut is what i needed with an inch and half off the bottom also.

Son called and asked if we could watch the girls for 30 minutes while went and got brake pads for his wifes car,no problem his house is out by my hairdresser.So son had a freshco bill from last week they spent $200,so this week if you brought the bill in or so i thought you got 10.00 off when you spent 10.00 or more.Son told me you use it mom just buy me a loaf of bread,plus i bought the girls those powder donuts .

So i go thru the cash and the cashier said -oh you need to have the coupon at the end of the reciept .Well my daughter-in-law didnt get that last week just the bill.So i told cashier who was my age ,sorry i didnt get that could you still honour the promo,i have to ask my supervisor.
    Supervisor said no ,so i asked to suspend my order to talk to the supervisor .She said "what would you like me to do about it ,she was younger .I said if you could please honor it .Well how would i do that when you have no coupon-i said $200 was spent so can you just overide the $10.00please -i talked very nicely thru my mask .So as we were walking over to the till -she had to get another word in "maybe you should have asked the cashier for the coupon "Wow -i worked in retail many years and this is not how it should have went but in the end i got the $10.00 .When i told son ,i thanked him for the 7.00 worth of items i had .He then said yeah i never would have gone farther than you .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information