User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Gonna video chat with the grandkids at 7.00 p.m ,then my daughter/her hubby and my son/wife .

The kids dont stay on long as they are so young,jumpy and don't sit still for long.lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    So then there is no reason to wait to do laundry in the evening or weekends. Hmm wonder if this benefits us really.
    Think a price increase was coming by May 1 and the fact that Ontarians got a rate holiday 24/7 means we are like lobsters getting used to a higher cooking water temp (higher kwh rate) for summer. But it means we might get careless about TOU hours so when they come back, we will miss being able to do laundry at whichever time works best for each household. So now 12.8 cents/kwh vs the 10.1 we had through spring until May 31. Weekend hours are same rate as weekday hours for now.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah everyone being home is costing more. Lap top in for me and DS on his computer all day long. And the toilet paper!!! I am noticing I have to change the roll all the time! I keep lights off during the day still (i work in dining room and tons of windows )
    My hydro bill last month was $69 and it said I used less energy this year then last. Will be interesting to see with this new rate.
    The last hydro bill seemed high though we used less than last year at same time. And don't get me started on the water/wastewater bill-it spiked. Trying to determine how it got high unless watering some plants and a few car washes led to the increase. Cringed when I wrote the amounts on the household expense sheet I wrote out to track costs.
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    **Hugs** Giseledta, so sorry to hear of yours and your friend's loss
    My condolences go to you and your friend. Given the pandemic restrictions, your friend is going to have less people around her to mourn her husband at this time. Hope all her true friends and relations step in as they can to help her during the early days of her loss.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Giseledta ...I just "liked" your post, but I hope you know that I did not mean I "like" the content. I just wanted to give you a wave.
    Hugs and cuddles from me as well--it's been a rollercoaster week emotionally for you. We've got you!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Has anyone on here ordered from simons ??

I thought you mentioned one time ceil that you did .I just signed up on their site ,some prices seem good ,the sales and its all Canadian I presume .

Its free shipping when you spend $25.00 ,I don't know if this is the norm or a special deal for shipping.

Is there clothing made smaller ,just curious?
    I ordered twice in past two months. Thought free shipping is over, as of last week, since stores are reopened. Now it's free shipping to stores or if you spend 99+.

Clothing sizes-my Miiyu night gown in large seemed a size too big (however if I had a roomy bust, then it'd be perfect but I'm a B-cup and straps slide off. I got the organic cotton gown in pink. I also ordered an XL Miiyu cotton camisole top with shelf bra. Cotton knit is soft but the elastic in the shelf bra seems to irritate the skin under bust during hot and humid days so I only wear the top when going out and take it off when at home. Since I have itchy skin that feels work in humid conditions, I'm sharing this info. Miiyu is a Simons store brand line. I find their stuff really fun and interesting but am not in position to take a GO bus and visit store yet to try apparel on. Happy with prices and shipping (stuff spent a week in QC then came by end of second week, just so you know of turnaround times after order is sent online).

I got a Well.ca order (from last Sunday) on Thurday so that service's shipping time is improving! My Ricardo order finally came on Thursday, almost a month after I ordered my items.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quick notes:
    donned my mask to go to Longos yesterday to get some of their fab lemonade and Smart Foods popcorn variety pack (3 flavours, 10 bags total for $5.99-ate 9 of 10 bags last night-yum. Gouda & Chive tastes like milder Cool Ranch Doritos flavour). Discovered pulling my shopping cart with stuff from Longos and Walmart with a mask on was like 5 min of trying then the mask came off for some Fresca refreshment. Need to made mask a 1/2" narrower as problem is with slippage across bridge of nose.

Shoppers has 2 large Smart Foods popcorn bags on for $5 this week. I got my two bags today.

Food Basics has Coke Cherry Vanilla 12 cans included in current sale in flyer. $4.88 is better than the $6.29 charged at Longos. Cannot spot Pepsi Throwback at any store (Walmart and Food Basics have not had in recent weeks, likely due to customers stocking up when shopping). No signs of any Coke or Pepsi summer contests yet...

STaples.ca has Keurig mini coffee maker on sale for $79.99 until Tuesday. Noticed SC Blog mentions sale at Keurig Canada on some machines plus code for free 24 k-cups when you buy a machine. Not sure when offer ends.

Have to go-missing all of you!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    My light cooking day turned into anything but a light cooking but it is good, we got a lot done and we have so much food prepped and ready. Even found a way to get some of it in the freezer for later meals. We know have a few options on hand for grab and heat meals. Although I do still need to cook some rice to go with a few dishes.

We bought some chicken bites a couple months ago, my thought was to have them with pizza since back when we used to order pizza we would order poppers but neitehr of us were a fan. You are supposed to bake them but they never really got crunchy or crisp and in trying to get the breading to not be soggy the meat got really dry. Today Mom tried shallow frying (we do not really fry foods but we had a lot of these we needed to find a way to use), they came out much better fried but we did not think they could be reheated later so we turned into pans of Chicken Parm. Well Mom was fryin g the Chicken Bites I made a Tomatoe Sauce. We got 4 packaged of Chicken Parm that just need to be baked and we will probably add mozzarella to the top of.

We took 4 of the Chicken Breasts we bought at Costco and put them in the Crock Pot with homemade BBQ Sauce to make Pulled Chicken which will be frozen for meals later.

The rest of the Chicken Breast have been frozen. As well Mom has two packages of Peameal Bacon in the fridge that she sliced and broke into single serve packages she can cook for dinner (only Mom eats it, I am not a fan).

We also made a big pot of Mac and Cheese to use up the leaking bag of milk (discovered another one was leaking too, not impressed but I found our old Juice Jug to put the other bag in). We had some for dinner and there are 2 pans in the freezer.

We also broke down the Pork Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Sauce Mom made yesterday, we have 3 in the freezer and one in the fridge for dinner later in the week.

I also found some part bags of perogies which I turned into a perogie bake.

Now I am done, time to relax before and before the week starts.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just had $7 sale ( etransfer) for pick up in the morning. I am loving my junk go out the door in exchange for cash! I have a separate account i transfer the etranfers to so i can watch it build. And an envelope for the cash sales. Excited to see what the total is at the end of the summer ( when the garage is empty )
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jun 8th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My morning did not go as planned, I have a book a need to finish reading for tomorrow. I am not sure why but I flew through the first half of the book but tha second half seem to be going slower for me. So my plan was to get up at 6 am and get 45 minutes of reading in before work today. That did not happen, I woke up really groggy and stayed in bed until quarter to 7.

Plan for today is I need to clean up my work emails and make sure I did not miss anything, it happens with the amount of emails we get in a day. After everything is taken care of I will see what time it is and work from there.

I also need to clean the kitchen, normally I hate to leave it a mess overnight but I was so tired and sore last night when we were done we just loaded the dishwasher and turned it on. Today, I need to unload and reload the dishwasher and I know there will be a few hand dishes, the big pot we used for the mac & cheese does not fit in the dishwasher and I will wash the liner for the crock-pot by hand as well. I know the crock-pot liner can go in the dishwasher but I prefer to wash by hand as it messes up the dishwasher and I cannot get as much in.

I might also wash the couch blankets today, they need to be done but I will see how my day goes.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny here today! Can't wait to go putter in the garage later. Seeing so much progress!

I am starving this morning! Off to toast an English muffin.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I WON THE IPAD!!!

Over the last 5 weeks we have been participating in a regional contest on Facebook. Each week that we completed the family activity and submitted a picture of us doing the activity, we earned 1 entry. We had 5 entries, from the 5 weeks. I won a $25gc one week and today was the draw for the grand prize, which was the iPad. She’ll deliver it later today. Woohoo!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Congrats Angela-you seem very lucky in winning things!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Congrats Angela-you seem very lucky in winning things!
    The last big prize that I won was a Galaxy Samsung tablet 10.1 back in 2012, from a 7-Eleven contest.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket-lol!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information