User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -didn't sleep that great last night
    Off to shoppers this morning as nobody had corn on cob-so got 2 pkg at shoppers 4.99-seniors =3.99.I would rather go out and wear my mask when it is early in the morning and not hot and humid .I found out yesterday I hate going grocery shopping during reg hours ,I managed to be behind a hubby and wife (even thou sign on door of sobeys says one family member)they took forever deciding which hamburger buns to buy and which ice cream to buy as I was near them in the frozen section .

Why would someone give that comment about the mask ,really.In fact in sobeys yesterday a lot were not wearing masks ,which really bothers me and it was younger people 20s, 30's 50 and up men were not only the ones near 70 or 80.
    My daughter wears one always and she is in Toronto and in her 30"s .

Well better go have a shower and wash the kitchen floor ,hubby and I filled 2 small pools for the grandkids this morning so the water will be nice and warm when they come around 1.30 p.m
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    I have to say the mask thing really bothers me and I think a lot of depends on where you live.

My sister is in Toronto and she say a lot more people wear mask vs when she comes up to where my Dad and Step Mom live (still a big town but not the city) people still wear mask but not as many as in Toronto. Then you come up to where I live (small town) and I was actually just reading an article from one of our local papers about people actually getting harassed at local stores for wearing masks.

Apparently here some people are getting quite aggressive with those who wear mask accusing them of being fear mongers, buying into the governments games and I think I need to borrow Giseldta line, this is when you see how Redneck our town can still be. But I will say with living in a small town and even through there was a massive outbreak here people still want to believe this is a big city problem not a small town problem. They want the hide their head in the sand and pretend it is not happening.

Sadly from what I am seeing and hearing it seems like people want to believe Covid is over, it is not. But you have people out there who feel and voice that things need to get back to normal and as long as we have wear masks or have social distancing normal cannot come back, which is true.

I was reading in Britain their Prime Minister wants stores to stop enforcing social distancing, not because they feel they have Covid under control but because as long as these measures are in place he feels the economy cannot recover. He feels it is a constant reminder to people that the treat of Covid is there so people are not living their lives and are not spending money. Now I found this extremely interesting as he actually had Covid and was Hospitalized so I would think that he would have a different perspective.

We will continue to wear masks and are going to do our best to stick to once a month shopping to limit when we leave the house. At my work all staff have to wear to masks well in the building and we continue to offer curbside pick up and have not re opened our doors. Mom's work is open staff have to wear masks but Mom says most customers are now wearing masks. We are still in a catch 22, I do not like that she only getting 1 shift a week but at the same time it limits her exposure so maybe it is a positive. We continue to do everything we can to keep ourselves safe by wearing masks when we go out, taking hand sanitizer and wipes with us, when we get home we wash with hand soap. This is our new normal and we are trying to adapt the best we can, I am not saying it is easy but I feel our safety is most important.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Father's Day to all Father's out there today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Went to the LCBO this morning. Borrowed my neighbours car (and glad I did!) ... managed to get 2 shopping carts full of libations which will last for the next 1.5 months or so, so will not have to go back. Was first in line too so that was fortuitous! Happy with the shop and now time for lunch!

Enjoy the day all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Have my 1st load hanging outside to dry in the sunshine. 2nd load in washer and will go outside to dry as well.
    1 bathroom cleaned. Will run the dishwasher in a bit and have DS empty it later. Kitchen is clean.
    Posted a few things for sale but waiting till laumdry is away so i can use drying rack to hang clothes for sale. Will get posting 1st thing in the morning. See a few big things in laundry room im ready to part with too.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my kids, and my family are all wearing masks when we go out... i did not at the local garden center, but it was full outdoors, and we totally social distanced.. 3 people total in the place. me , the owner and 1 person.

I read somewhere that if everyone wears a mask... that we can limit the travel of this by 80%. that is a serious number.... i am willing to do it.
    and our health unit is now recommending wearing a mask....

ok... on to other stuff...
    got up uber early, worked in the garden for 2 hours has a shower... then a nap. lol
    plan is to work in the front for 20 min... plant a plant...lol. and then clean up the drive way. ...
    laundry...
    clean the dc room and do some dishes. ..

and that is it. . hubby wants to go for a walk... i am sore... might not... who knows.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Personally I think it is up to each individual to decide re mask wearing without the judgement of others. It is only recommended by Health Canada if you cannot socially distance and there is certainly no legal requirement to wear one in most stores in Canada to the best of my knowledge. I believe they are required in some airports and on flights.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Jun 21st, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have needed a kitchen faucet for awhile ( handle pops off on ours) but it wasn't urgent. I wanted a nice Moen one ( the fancy omes with long neck) $200 at Costco was a good deal but ive been waiting till on sale there. Today someone posted one for sale on mom swap. It was put in their house a year ago but wife wanted a black one. I got it for $50!!! And it is a better model and retails for $299.99 plus tax. I have no issue buying Moen used as they stand behind their products!! He gave me it in the box and it has the registration card too! Score!!!
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

that is fabulous!!! great price
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thunder and rain here now. Brought the dry clothes in the house just in time!
    I need to shower for the bbq but it is so hot i am waiting till the last minute.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My current opinion is people need to stop judging whatever others are doing to stay sane d just do what they are comfortable with. Lots of people are not ready to venture out and that’s ok. I wear a mask to grocery shop and definitely wear it at Costco but don’t judge those that don’t. I also don’t care if you want get a hair cut or your nails done and I will do what I am ready for. And trust me I am not going to make it much longer without a pedicure Businesses need to operate and lots of small business owners are suffering. So that’s were my money is going.
    We drove to see my mom and my in laws yesterday. Told the kids you must wear a mask to hug them and had zero arguments. Hugging my mom was amazing. Older son went shoe shopping and again wore his mask and yes we were in a redneck town as @Giseledta knows so very few had masks on but whatever. I did go to the Tim’s which I never do and was very impressed with how they set up the inside and they were training new staff, brave souls and all had masks on. Kids needed lunch and older son does not eat fast food so Tim’s is all they agree on.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a lovely day today. Spiced up dinner with some fresh greens from the garden. This year we tried Wasabi Arugula! It was amazing and odd at the same time. It really did taste like Wasabi (just not as strong), so that was an interesting angle!

Hope all have a good rest of your day!

Cheerio!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We have needed a kitchen faucet for awhile ( handle pops off on ours) but it wasn't urgent. I wanted a nice Moen one ( the fancy omes with long neck) $200 at Costco was a good deal but ive been waiting till on sale there. Today someone posted one for sale on mom swap. It was put in their house a year ago but wife wanted a black one. I got it for $50!!! And it is a better model and retails for $299.99 plus tax. I have no issue buying Moen used as they stand behind their products!! He gave me it in the box and it has the registration card too! Score!!!
    excellent price! When I needed a replacement part from Moen on a used tap, it too was no charge.
    Giseledta, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last week I visited a friend in a seniors building. I disinfected my hands, wore a face mask, physical distanced myself, etc and I was the only one wearing a mask! The seniors that were coming in and out said they weren't necessary. What??? I was really surprised. It seems hit or miss depending where you go, what time, etc. I find wearing a mask really helps my allergies, especially on a windy day. I have a fear if I ever wore a face shield, I would sneeze all over it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a busy weekend. We spent a lot of time outside as a family. Yesterday Dh took ds fishing yesterday morning. I took our twins on a bike ride and played at a school park for the first time since COVID. Today we went on a family bike ride to a different park.

I ordered a nice quilt from Amazon for Dh and I. Our quilts are getting old and worn our. I also bought some more popcorn seasoning. It’s our favourite, not available in town, and it was on sale. Yay! Everything was paid for with my Amazon Sb gift cards. I have $25 left in my account and more cards on the way.

I ready an email from our school division. It looks like regular classes in the fall with additional changes for health/safety. They are also expanding their distance learning option, for those who choose not to return. They will continue to keep us updated.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh my goodness what a day yesterday (my grandkids are sooo much fun) the pools we filled were so warm ,they ran and jumped into the pools ,they all hugged each other the 3 cousins.

Supper was bbq burgers, corn on cob ,roasted red peppers ,cesar salad and roasted potatoes

My dear daughter showed up with chips ,2 bags of small roasted potatoes and her and her hubby stopped at granddad,s donuts .
    She always brings stuff ,not so much my son.lol
    My daughter was so happy I found a jar of yeast at sobeys (limit 1) as she can still have a hard time in Toronto looking for yeast .
    The only thing that bothered me was the girls went upstairs into my loft over the garage -and cara(age 2 and half) pen marked or gel marked on my 40year old dolls white vinyl shoes .Because my hubby said they are okay up there -nope .I have tried everything last night to get the pen out ,baking soda ,bleach ,mr.magic eraser,nail polish remover,tooth paste any suggestions ??
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information