User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's always amazing to drop by and see how everyone is saving $$$$ and how your lives are going. Happy Summer starting on Sundat! Enjoy the longest days of the year. Happy Anniversary Lilo!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am now off until Tuesday. Yay. Today is our 26th wedding anniversary so we did curbside pick up from a favourite Indian restaurant. I used a gift card I won in a Mother’s Day Facebook contest. Lots of leftovers for the older son for lunch. Friday we are going out for lunch to a favourite restaurant that has a patio. It will be our 1st time out in over 3 months.

Happy Anniversary!! Perfect weekend for a patio!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! I am so looking forward to this weekend!!

DS asked to go to Winner's last night after work since he found shorts. (He needs them he has grown!) So I took him and his friend and the store was empty which was nice. They had no stock but what they did have was perfect! Great deals and clearance and our sizes!
    I have been looking for one good suitcase (hard case/lightweight and on the easy smooth wheels) I have borrowed from my sister for my last few trips.
    Found one for $20!!! Reg price $175.00. Winner's price $89.99. Best part was they had tons of the same one but it didn't fit in the new display so they put it in clearance! I am so happy!!! oh and we found a shirt for Father's day for $2!! Seriously!
    DS found a few pairs of shorts and shirts so he is set now for the summer. We are going to empty his closet out completely in the next few days.
    The best part was I was able to use the balance of the Visa prepaid GC towards the purchase. I have more to use up but needed that one used before it expired.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Reposted a dress for sale this morning that everyone wanted but pick ups always seemed to be forgotten.(its been on the porch for days) As I posted one that was suppose to pick up days ago said she was sorry and she forgot and would come today.
    So hopefully $5 under my mat when I get home.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    It's always amazing to drop by and see how everyone is saving $$$$ and how your lives are going. Happy Summer starting on Sundat! Enjoy the longest days of the year. Happy Anniversary Lilo!
    The weather has been incredible this week so far!! Happy Summer!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy anniversary lilo and enjoy the patio dinner out .

So hot out and hard to weed so I do a bit in the morning .Popped over to shoppers spent $42 but part of it was one eyeshadow ,I am saving on foundation and lipstick from not wearing it when I wear a mask but I like my eyes to look nice .lol

Yes hubby gets his hair cut next Thursday ,then I go the following Tuesday june 30 cant wait .Plus I have the dentist next week for a cleaning ,new protocol must wait in car and call the dentist before going in .I wonder if they are putting their prices up at the dentist due to covid,hummmm?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

So hot out and hard to weed so I do a bit in the morning .Popped over to shoppers spent $42 but part of it was one eyeshadow ,I am saving on foundation and lipstick from not wearing it when I wear a mask but I like my eyes to look nice .lol

Yes hubby gets his hair cut next Thursday ,then I go the following Tuesday june 30 cant wait .Plus I have the dentist next week for a cleaning ,new protocol must wait in car and call the dentist before going in .I wonder if they are putting their prices up at the dentist due to covid,hummmm?
    I am positive the price will go up. I think the first article I read about needed extra equipment was from a dentist saying it would cost them an extra $4.50 per client. Not sure how you can wear a mask while getting your teeth cleaned lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wrapped my niece's birthday gifts. Need to add ribbon to the bag handles to make it look pretty
    I added my traditional piggy bank with shiny loonies

Guess I should get started on my soon to be 16 year old! Well he is getting driving school and will pay for his road side testing etc. I will invite all his friends for tacos and cake on this birthday (he has a good group of kids he hangs out with and they love my tacos- it has been a birthday tradition for him and his friends) Will have to get a few things to wrap for him and a little bit of fun money. Then I am done for birthdays this year!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

One of local Dentist is charging a $20/visit/patient PPE charge which they are warning patients probably won't be covered by insurance so they will need to pay it.

Locally our dentist (we have many) seem to be opening slowly and so far no other ones have said they are doing the same but more than half have not reopened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all, popping in for a min. busy week.
    today ed minister for ontario should be making a announcment.. lets see how they mess this up....

i am planning on gardening a bit more thisweekend. the grass seed i laid down is starting to produce results.
    and a good weeding will help my veggies.

we are piling stuff into the suv, and taking stuf to the dump.. re canceled spring pick up . on Saturday am.
    i am hoping to find some mulch at the local garden store. and i will do the back flower beds.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH @lilo0003 . Enjoy your dinner

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow went to take some donation today and long line ups ,so will go another day .

I am doing the sheets as maybe I can get them out to dry .

I just heard the minister talking about back to school (3 types of learning online in class or both ) I am sure my son will be talking to me as they may need us for Ashlyn in the fall.We are the only retired grandparents .

Supper tonight bbq hamburgers ,was gonna do a big meal but too hot ,plus I just cleaned the toilets and sinks in the 3 bathrooms .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lunch was lovely not too much of a wait. The restaurant overlooks Lake Ontario so we had a nice breeze and in my super frugal fashion we used 100.00 gift card that I bought at Costco when they were on sale for 70.00. Found a great roadside fruit stand and splurged on a homemade pie some pecan tarts, jams and fresh Ontario strawberries and raspberries and asparagus. I am all about supporting local and now more than ever. I saw a bit about the fall school plan as as the parent of a kid that should be in his final year of high school I am ok with it. Let’s see how it plays out. You can tell things are returning to some sort of normal, I am about a km north of the QEW and the Friday night traffic sounds like any other Friday in summer.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We enjoyed a local Korean resto for dinner pickup this evening. It was amazing! They were a bit late on the order pickup so they threw in a bottle of Soju! Cannot say no to that!

Wishing all a wonderful weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

An employee from the news paper dropped off the Father’s Day contest gift cards today.
    Gift cards included $25 off a hotel stay, CO-OP, 2 restaurants, jewelry shop, stationary/computer store, oil change, tools, auto shops, etc.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information