User Tag List

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all lots of rain here so it will be indoors for me @Giseledta where did you get the P&G booklet from ? TIA
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am off to shoppers at 8.00 a.m for seniors discount ,mind you i am getting a lot of sale items but i will try to get paper towels again the royale tiger ones and janes chicken nuggets is on sale for 4.99 (grandson loves these)

Yesterday i ordered some kinetic sand from indigo 15% off with a code for the grandkids plus i will buy a small bin at dollarama to store it ,plus ordered a ninja turtle book for sebastian's birthday in sept.I am so behind in birthday gifts due to covid-oh well

Dropping in at my son's today as its daughter-in-laws birthday on monday 35th .I gave her money and a small little gift face cloth 2.00,small body shop creme and shower gel 5.00 (ordered at xmas)and a pumpkin candle got from indigo in jan $7.50 plus her favourite chocolate bar dairy milk fruit and nut $1.99(it has sat in my fridge for a month ,dont know how i didnt eat that one ,but it is usually sold out everywhere lately.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    After dinner I decided it was me time so I took a nice relaxing shower and read a bit of my book.

Mom was still eating when I went to shower. When I came back down we cleaned the kitchen including some hand dishes. Since we had used the Bread Machine, Instant Pot and somehow we used a lot of pots and pans to make dinner we could not fit everything in the dishwasher. So we turned on the dishwasher and anything that would not fit was washed by hand so the kitchen is clean.

I had thought about doing a few more things in the kitchen but decided, nope it can wait for the weekend. Instead I sat down and came up with a plan of what I need to get done in the kitchen this weekend. Originally I had thought well if I get it all done I can focus on cleaning this weekend but I was so tired.

I am going to talk to my boss this week and might take Friday off. These 13 hour days are killing me, when it was only twice a week I thought I could make it work but somehow I always end up with extra night shifts every week.

Most of my kitchen stuff will not take long so I am thinking if we can get some cleaning done today, I will tackle the kitchen stuff tomorrow morning and then take the afternoon off. That is my plan but I already see it slipping away.

Seems like everytime Mom says she will help me with something (she said we could work on the basement this weekend, her words, not mine) she wakes up not feeling well or her back is really bugging her. Honestly. this may sound bad but I am at a point of whatever I will do it myself but that means I make all of the decisions and it is what it is. Let's be real this stuff has been living in our basement in boxes we cannot get to for years, yes there are things we keep saying we need to find but most of it can go. I need less stuff in my house, I am going insane.

Alright time to eat something and start working and see if I get help
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Got home from my son's before noon -my daughter-in-law loved the small gift ,girls were happy to see us .

Then ate lunch and decided to go out ,i went to 3 stores with my mask on (it does get hot)mastermind had a 25% off emailed to me this weekend only
    i got 19.99 kinetic sand -5.00=14.99 then bought 2 betty crocker bins in dollar tree 1.25 each to hold this sand -will keep at my house
    (1) big ball to kick around yard 9.99-5.00=4.99 says mastermind on it who cares
    (1) 3-1 stacking toy kinda like jenga(only coloured with pictures on it)16.99-7.99=9.00 (may keep it or use for a birthday gift )

then on to dollar tree i spent $27 bought water guns and floatie balls ,got the last 3 beautifull tea towels 1.25 (blue and white china pattern on it,plus found my pop shop black cherry drink -yummm )plus a bunch of other stuff.

Then on to carters as i thought they may have some deals -winter stuff an extra 25% off -got cara joggers and a top for her birthday in fall ,bought a new baby gift for a baby due in july spent 9.94 and i got a long sleeve top ,fleece pants and 3 pairs of socks ,then got ashlyn joggers and a long sleeve top for 10.50 -not much to pick from but still good buys -boys was cleared out .

It felt so nice to go out shopping in a few different stores .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jun 28th, 2020 at 05:47 AM.
    Purdee, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

P and G book came in the mail... i am not sure how i got it.... but i did.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. operation office is done. we ended up moving the desk into our bedroom. yep... it may be cozy, but it is happening. we know that our bedroom is pretty sound proof. we discovered this when we moved it... it has worked to our advantage.. when hubby was in school.. he set up in our bedroom and took it over for school work... this will be alot quieter for him.
    it will make it... cozy .. but we can do it.

also i went to redneck store, picked up free sparklers for canada day, and lunch meat for supper. we had homemade subs. very nice. tomorrow, i am thinking i will be doing housework . lol
    i also sent a message to a potential dc parent for sept , i am having very, very mixed feelings about this. but i had agreed to the intervew before shut down.. and now ., i must do it.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

A lazy day at home. I did venture to the Bay to look for new sheets but did not find anything I liked. Went to SDM and earned 20000 PCO as DH has a Covid beard and needed product for it and was able to hit over 50.00 other deals. Glad I saved my Miss Vickie’s offer because chips were on sale at SDM. Groceries on Sunday is all produce. Working on cleaning out the freezer again. I have some stars expiring on my Starbucks app so plan to walk to the plaza for free coffee in the morning.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Okay, today did not go as planned, I feel like this is the story of my life.

We did not get as much cleaning done as I would have liked. Mom really was not feeling it saw that I wasn't backing down, which was true I am getting frustrated, I need less talk, more action. Like some others it looks like me working from home will not change anytime soon and I need to have room to work.

More than anything I need my life to be in order, I need to not always have 500 things on my plate and a house that does not looks like an episode of hoarders. I want to be able to clean my house and maybe just maybe one day sit down at the end of the day and be able to say I have everything done and I can relax. Right now it is never all done, instead it is just that I cannot deal with it, I need to have a functional house where I can clean it from top to bottom, where if something needs to be done we can do it. There are so many things I would at least like to get quotes on but we can't because no one can come work in our house.

The room I need to clean, we call our L as the room is shaped like an L, the portion we can use has our Cleaning Pantry, Stand up Freezer, Wash & Dryer and Drying rack. There were a few piles of things on the floor that we have sort through and cleaned so this section is now clean.

Tomorrow we will start on the other portion of the L where I am not joking because I was the one who did it, there are literally boxes stacked from the floor to the ceiling, nothing but boxes full of stuff. Well expect there is an old fridge in there somewhere which I need to get to. If we are going to keep shopping just once a month, I need a second fridge. I am pretty sure 80% of this stuff can go, some will be garbage, some we will donate and some I will sell.

Then I moved onto Meal Prepping. I am seriously disappointed, I bought 3 bags of potatoes on sale a couple weeks ago, which is nothing new for me I normally buy anywhere from 2 to 4 at a time. We opened the first bag this week and a 1/4 of the potatoes were moldy so we peeled up the rest and turned them into mashed potatoes. We used some for dinner and the rest are in the fridge to use later. I checked the other 2 bags today and they were both the same, going moldy. So we sorted through them, peeled them and cooked them all in our Instant Pot, it took 2 batches. Half was made into what I call Instant Pot Warm Baked Potato Salad (my new obsession it is so so so good) and the other half are in the fridge to be used up later.

I also made a batch of Garlic Garlic dip to use on top of bowl, thinking we might need to have Slovaki for Dinner one night this week. I also made 2 batches of Rice in the Instant Pot to use as the base if we want to make bowl.

I still need to make some overnight oats I can eat this week for Breakfast, I am back to skipping Breakfast again. I keep getting busy and missing it so I am hoping have some overnight oats on hand I can just grab and eat will help. I also want to prep some veggies I can snack on during the week. I need to get back to eating better, I am back to only eating dinner, that will change this week.

Going to watch some TV and think I will go to bed early so I can be up and ready to go tomorrow, finish my meal prep and move on cleaning the basement.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    P and G book came in the mail... i am not sure how i got it.... but i did.
    Thank you @Giseledta will be on the look out for it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It was a very hot day here today. We went on a family bike ride. Picked up icecream treats at 7-Eleven. Then we did a short trip to a brand new park, to check it out.

We are struggling some with the loss of our old cat. When we lost our previous cat in 2006, it was before we had any children and we only had the one cat at the time. This time around we have a second cat...and he is looking for his brother. At times you can find him walking around the house calling for his brother. This cat will ask us to open doors so that he can look for his brother. He doesn’t understand...he just knows that his brother is missing. I will not repeat the comments that we have gotten from our children, particularly our twins. They are struggling to understand what has happened and why. We are gently taking opportunities to correct any wrong information that we hear them say about our old cat. Our cat was in the “super senior” age category when he passed away. We know that he had a good long life with us.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 28th, 2020 at 12:46 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh hugs angela to you and your family,its never easy when you lose a pet .
    When we lost our pomerian she was 12 and my son was 13 years old he cried and then told me dont tell anyone i cried mom -ahh its okay to cry i told him as he loved her so much .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. @Angela273 HUGS to you and the entire family it can be very difficult for kids and Adults when the loss a beloved family member ,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**Hugs** Angela, it is never easy to lose a fur baby.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I am off to shoppers at 8.00 a.m for seniors discount ,mind you i am getting a lot of sale items but i will try to get paper towels again the royale tiger ones and janes chicken nuggets is on sale for 4.99 (grandson loves these)

Yesterday i ordered some kinetic sand from indigo 15% off with a code for the grandkids plus i will buy a small bin at dollarama to store it ,plus ordered a ninja turtle book for sebastian's birthday in sept.I am so behind in birthday gifts due to covid-oh well

Dropping in at my son's today as its daughter-in-laws birthday on monday 35th .I gave her money and a small little gift face cloth 2.00,small body shop creme and shower gel 5.00 (ordered at xmas)and a pumpkin candle got from indigo in jan $7.50 plus her favourite chocolate bar dairy milk fruit and nut $1.99(it has sat in my fridge for a month ,dont know how i didnt eat that one ,but it is usually sold out everywhere lately.
    Does shoppers give out the seniors discount everyday if you are shopping early?
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was at Shoppers and picked up Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair fragrance free cream for 30% off. This is my second jar, it does work on age spots, pores, etc combined with a non chemical sunscreen during the day, I am seeing improvement, highly recommended. Reg. $39.99 on for $27.99 yesterday and today.

couldnt find the Royale paper towels on for $4.99 @ shoppers, so I popped into a Fortinos to grocery shop and they had paper towels 6 pack for $4.99 Scotts towels. While I prefer Royale, with Covid 19, I am not going to go to several stores looking for this deal. Rising gas prices, heatwave and the face mask keeps me out of the stores.

started watching Irresistible by Steve Carrell, and fell asleep, as it's based on USA election and Trump zzzzzzz. I'm getting so burnt out by all the USA news. Glad to be in Canada 🇨🇦.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:09 AM.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information