User Tag List

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

I wanted to hit RCSS early today for the roasts on sale. DS had an ortho appt before school this morning so we were leaving the house extra early. I popped out to RCSS at 730am and grabbed a bunch of roasts. Total came to $58.78 so I grabbed a pack of gum. Total was $60.21. Redeemed $60 in pc pts and received 12,000 points back (personal offer 200 pts per $1) Perfect timing!
    Roasts are all wrapped and in the freezer. I had 3 roasts from before (used one the other day so 2 left) So happy to have us stocked back up for winter.
    This is what I like using my pc pts for. Meat stock up!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Sep 24th, 2020 at 10:20 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Now to go out in garage and take pics of some kids pants for a lady. She wanted to know what I had in a certain size. Every $1 adds up so off I go!
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$3 pick up at 11 this morning. Put the item on the porch Love doing pick ups this way

Kitchen is clean and all dishes put away.
    All laundry put away. I want to put a load in the washer to take advantage of the sunshine to dry it but don't have anything to wash!

Still have to deal with my peppers. Maybe today.

ok goal today is to sell 10 items! I better start posting!!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Sep 24th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@flemeth - Hope you pm'd the 3 pk romaine hearts the other day. RCSS is selling them for $5.99 today! And they had 0 of the 6pk
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It looks like our washing machine died and it’s not feasible to fix it. The washer/dryer set that we have is 8yrs old. One of our problems now is how long it might take to get new machines. If the price is good, we’ll replace both and sell our current dryer.
    Don't know if sales people are telling all Canadians this fact about washers but the water hoses have to be changed every five years. And the hoses are a separate cost from the washer. Heads up! Our new washer is 2 yrs into the first 5 yrs of ownership at this point.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was a perfect outdoor drying day-just enough windspeed and sunshine to line dry clothing, even on the drying rack (there was no line space for my laundry so I used the rack and it worked).

Not much foodwise at home to choose from. Mom and Bro got paint (finally) but only furnishings got moved around. TV in dining room echos down the hall and after 5+hr of hearing it, I had to yell several times for it to be turned off. Somehow Bro does not understand the need for quiet time before bed. The stress is not helping me to rest at all and Mom is in his corner most times until 11pm cranked around.

Had two cans from home plus one on walk so used the 30 cents with my 90 cents to get a chocolate bar for late addition to my breakfast. That was delightful. OK time to scoot! Enjoy Ms Sunshine...
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! Beautiful temperature in qc not too cold and still sunny,that is an awesome day !!!
    A little bit frustrated by my maxi shopping trip this morning they did not have croissant 10 per pack at 3,00$ in stock so I had to rebuy those I had buy next week at reg price this week...crazy...hope they will have it this week..please be prepared for yours flyer sale!
    Noticed that my patatoes had gone bad..not happy..as I want to make a salmon pie and mashed patatoes next week...the 2 bag we had wasted since 6 months lol..the joy of no cold room.....at least they are 1,67$ for 10 lbs at maxi and cie this week...grrr
    Flashfood had cheap sausages but the fridge is full...to bad...
    Love reebee for price matching...I think I will not bring my flyers next week and they are some I dont receive and will only bring dad i phone

No text offer at maxi and cie this week and probably forever from now...I am not surprised

I wonder if they are many qc people on sc ...weekly posted deals and pm would be great...I always check by myself or in the 2 french fb couponning group I am a member lol
    Smartsource did not respond to my e-mail..so my darn printing problem is not resolved..tried with all the navigators possible..same thing already printed grr...so annoying
    Alright off to figure something to do,have a wonderfull afternoon everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 24th, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forget to post my deals last week so I tought I will share those ones
    QC deals

Maxi and cie
    Armstrong cheese bar marble but @5,88$ x 2 big bars of 700 gr
    Saputo Mozzarelliissima mozzarella cheese bar @5,88$ x 2 bigs bars of 690gr ..I know a 1$ coupon for this but my page said already printed grr

Lays famillial package of chips 2$ -1$ wub2 (tasty reward ,1 per custumer) x2= 1,50$ each
    Philadelphia chive whipped cream cheese: 4,00$-0,.50$ forward-0,50$ coupon=3,00$
    redeem my 10$ in pc points to help paid the cheese

Jean Coutu: Charmin 4 mega rolls=16 normals @3,99$ x 4(2 per custumer I was with my father) =0,99$

Uniprix liquid tide 25 loads @3 for 10$ so 3,33$ each minus 3$wub2 coupons(hidden smartsource printable 2 per navigator) x 4= not sure 2 per custumer was with my father

did not count the taxes on those deals and I got the charmin coupons in a trade..not sure if still available if so it is 1 per account

Happy shopping

So now we are well stocked on cheese,we have swiss cheese,laughing cow,gouda and those ones

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I went Costco Shopping last but due to the sales I found and the items I stocked up I have decided this is my October shop as it ended up be a much larger shop than I was planning. Most of my overage was on meat, I got:
    Chicken Breasts (I just always buy a pack)
    4 x Ground Turkey ($4 off)
    1 x Ground Pork ($4)
    All of this was purchased as the doc has suggested Mom eat less red meat, to be honest we do not eat a ton of red meat but I am trying to find some other options and some new options. I know it won't replace her normal Chili but I have seen recipes for a Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes I am going to try and see what she thinks. I have started to use more Ground Pork in our Asian dishes, I find I actually prefer it over Ground Beef as it is a milder meat and takes on the flavours better.

The Pharmacy was the other area that raised my total, I got:
    2 x Glucosamine (Mom takes this daily and was on sale so I got 2 which should last her the rest of the year)
    1 x Calcium Magnesium (Mom takes daily and Costco is so much Cheaper than even buying it on sale and I was not sure if she needed so I grabbed one to be safe)
    1 x Thermometer (I swear we threw ours out when we moved, Mom swears it is somewhere in our house but still it is an old oral one, I got one of the forehead ones for $40 which I thought was a fair price)

I decided to stock up on a few things just insane a second wave hits so I can limit how often we leave the house I got:
    2 x Milk (Refill my freezer, I now have a 1 month supply on hand)
    1 x Cheddar Cheese
    1 x Mozzarella
    1 x Parmesan
    2 x Ricotta (Mom used this for Bro's Bday dinner but did not see we still had a second tub so now I have A LOT of Ricotta, will need to find some recipes to use some of it up)
    1 x Eggs
    1 x Whipping Cream
    1 x Half & Half (Hot Chocolate season is approaching)
    1 x Fries (I would prefer we eat Fries at home using the Air Fryer or Oven with no Oil vs eating out where they deep fry them)
    1 x Canola Oil (I thought I bought one a few weeks but turns out it was Corn Oil which Mom shouldn't have, so might try to sell the Corn Oil)
    2 x Tomatoes - The Huge Restaurant size cans (Going to turn one into Homemade Pizza Sauce and one into Homemade Pasta Sauce, we used to buy the big bushels of tomatoes but they are a lot of work the HUGE cans are only $3.99 and so much less work)
    1 x 6-Pack Passata (To be used with Tomatoes above)

Then things I needed were:
    Lemons (we have been using these a lot lately in our cooking plus I like a nice Warm Lemon Water when the weather is cooler)
    Bacon Bits
    Nachos
    Naan
    Buns
    Baking Soda

I feel like there were a few more things I got that I cannot think of, I will have to check when I get home. I am now going to be busy this weekend trying to deal with all of this plus I will probably be working as this week has been pure insanity. A few people had projects on the go I knew I needed to help on and of course they all came to me at the same time.

Alright let's finish off this day at work and see what I can get done tonight. I want to move some stuff around upstairs to make room when we "extra" over the counter meds, right now they don't really have a home and sometimes we miss that we have another bottle an buy when we do not need to.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Sep 24th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!!!
    I have to deal with the new facebook no choice now they change it Will try to familiarize with this version lol
    Off to order some coupons,
    Have a wonderfull evening everyone!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was up early to babysit my granddaughter cara as on monday she had to have a covid test as a child in her day care room had a high fever .The poor little thing she cried all the way home in my son's car .Th results came back last night no covid she has just a cold that is almost cleared up ,but daycare will not let her back til her voice returns to normal .

I watched her today and she doesnt have a runny nose ,she is at the end of a cold -I am doing my son/wife a favour she would have to use up sick days and already used 3 to stay home with cara ,my daughter-in-law did .

So up early to babysit at 6.30 on friday ,i am still getting my haircut ,my hubby can watch her for an hour.

I am giving up watching her one day a week as with the numbers rising ,it will not be good for me to do so -if the daycare can fit her in.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

For my birthday my son and his family gave me an e-certificate for vintage hotels ,my daughter and her family gave me one last week .So i can add them to the $150.00 i have left over from last years giftcard .

Who knows when we will go back again hubby and i .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Even though I went to Costco last night, I still stopped at No Frills on the way home as they had a few fresh deals I wanted, I got:
    4 x Sweet Potatoes (Opps, I thought I bought 3, I cannot count, but I want to try a recipe and needed Sweet Potato and I want to make it this weekend)
    4 x Oranges (I feel like we have been lacking fruit lately)
    3 x Zucchini (I can use these to some up some of the Ricotta)
    2 x Bagels (Mom seems to liking having bagels and they were on sale so I grabbed a couple more for the freezer)
    2 x Ground Beef (Sore subject, Mom used like 4 lbs of ground beef in the lasagna for Bro's bday, so now I needed more for the Pasta Sauce, we have one more but she wants that for Chilli)
    1 x Wonton Wrapped (the one thing I got that was not on sale but I want to use some of the Pork to make Spring Rolls and try cooking them in the Air Fryer)

All and all I spent right around $20 which I am happy with.

Will try to get Mom to go to Food Basics and grab lettuce this week since Costco was out and I won't make it till our next shop.

I did not get anything done upstairs as I decided to clean the kitchen instead, Mom emptied the dishwasher and put what she could from making bro's bday dinner in the dishwasher but none of the hand dishes were done so I did those. Then I just tidied up the kitchen a bit as there was random stuff just in the wrong place.

Now I am off to write myself a to do list for the weekend. I have a lot I want to get done plus I will probably need to get some work done unless we have a slow day tomorrow and I can get caught up. I really need two of me LOL, one to keep on top of my work and one to keep on top of my house.

Have a great night everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Sep 24th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @flemeth- Hope you pm'd the 3 pk romaine hearts the other day. RCSS is selling them for $5.99 today! And they had 0 of the 6pk

Yes @Frugalbigmama thanks again for posting this I would have missed it
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Great to check in and catch up with you folks! We are going to an Oktoberfest dinner tomorrow night. Very different from former years. It means we can go and eat at a German Club restaurant and listen to music but not get up to dance or sing. It's my brother's birthday. I found him a book about Weather in Ontario that I picked up for .50 at a thrift store. He loves knowing about and predicting the weather. I think he'll love it. I also picked him up a shirt and silk tie -both for $10 at a local outlet store. I'm also going to pick him up some bus tickets and taxi script as he needs to travel by modified transit as he is in a wheelchair.
    Take care and keep on saving!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information