User Tag List

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! Well we had a busy day yesterday. DH and I made 2 large lasagna's. It was a chance to use up PC parm, mozzarella cheese that I bot on clearance. We then used the rest for tacos, meatballs and muffin tin meatloaf. A lot of work but felt great when done. Now I have to rearrange our tiny freezer so we can fit everything in. We're giving one of the lasagna's to my parents so they'll have a few upcoming freezer dinners.

re hydro, We will be opting for the tiered plan. We're home all day and we usually have the business news on the tv so it should save us about $5 a month. (hmm, perhaps another savings category for me lol)

I'm planning on popping out to Shoppers later in the day for my seniors discount on milk etc. I go a little crazy on spending when I see store coupon mark downs so I'll be disciplined
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Cool dark damp day here. Busy work day for me anyway.

I left an item on my porch for a $5 pick up. Hopefully they remember!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is nice to be working from home, I slept in until 6:30 LOL and am now able to focus on a few of those tasks that keep getting pushed to the side because I just cannot focus on them. I have gotten through quite a bit this morning which makes me happy. I know I will not get everything done today that I would like to get done, that is just reality but maybe this will help with my anxiety.

Moving forward I would like to start planning my schedule that I get 1 or 2 days a week at home where I can focus on my own work and help branches the other 3 or 4 days a week. I forgot how nice it was just focus and get things done.

Mom got called into work as they had a no-show and someone called in yesterday to say they would be sick today. Hopefully she will be home in time for dinner but now I need to plan. Originally she was supposed to be home and even though I am working from home I had been planning on her making dinner well I worked.

I am thinking maybe Stuffed Peppers, I bought some smaller peppers with the thought that I could make Stuffed Peppers with them. It is not something we make often because you need smaller peppers which are not always easy to find on sale. I find usually when peppers are on sale our store has giant ones that are too big for stuffed peppers. Bonus this meal is vegetarian, I find since life got chaotic we have not been eating vegetarian as often.

Hopefully I do not have to work too late and can get a few things done around the house once my day is done.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked because I saw this in a french fb couponning group........freezers are in clearance (for some ) at wm but the one I am looking for is 175$ and is not sold in store and out of stock online....my question is is that something I can do like phone wm or if it is out of stock you cannot get it it thanks

https://www.walmart.ca/fr/ip/conglat.../6000197047857

EDIT:I Chatted with wm and they can do nothing about it...so let hope it will be in stock online and still had a clearance price...I better to forgot this one sigh....poor service
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 02:22 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 I was able to use one of the McDonald's coupons for the Lil Donuts about a week before the promotion ended at my local restaurant. When I redeemed my Monopoly cheeseburger sticker, the employee took it to record the promo transaction at the Walmart McDonalds location (I missed the news that it had reopened two weeks ago).
    @SassyAshley Your stuffed peppers yen reminds me that I have yet to attempt a taco type version. I don't want to make the soup yet (because whenever I make it, I am the only one eating all that soup). The MM Food Market weekly ads don't help with their Stuffed Supreme Pepper ads...

Happy to get my community paper bundle this morning as there was a Fall 2020 issue of Cineplex magazine.

Today's highlight was wiping most of the interior of the fridge down and the various bins/shelve units with rubbing alcohol and getting the vacuum cleaner into the nook to get the semi-annual dust cleaned up. Had to pivot fridge 90 degrees between stove and counter in order to have door open more than 90 degrees for the left crisper to be removed. Now I can forget about it for six more months (or it can be someone else's duty). The overcast sky and rain are giving me the blahs...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I popped over to the library to get my holds

Then into shoppers for seniors day -i need to go to this more often spent $56.00 but got some fruit ,muffins milk ,a few over counter meds ,nuts and pringles.

Gonna cook half a ham (i always cut one in half for hubby and i as we cant eat a whole one ) baked potatoe and steamed carrots.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I oven baked more cherry and camp joy tomatoes. We also made a huge batch of bits and bites, the Cheez it crackers taste great in it. I used up some old cereal as well.
    I went over to Shoppers. I was thrilled with some of the store coupon markdowns. The expiries were a month out and included old el paso bowls-$2 store cpn, bistro express (4.29-.86 seniors dis-$2 store cpn=$1.43), pc cereal -$2 and pc parm cheese -$2.
    The only tricky thing is that some items don't show on sale until checking out. Items on sale don't qualify for a seniors discount but I still buy them.
    It's great that Shoppers permits senior discounts on milk/eggs/cheese and bread on Thursdays as Rexall doesn't
    Picked up Bounce wrinkle for $4.99 but no luck on $2 CO51 (only for 80 plus packs). It worked a couple of weeks ago.

oh and exciting news, I got accepted as a panel member with Neilsen homescan! I did it about 10-12 years ago. I enjoy scanning stuff so why not help out. I get a questionnaire to complete tomorrow and after that, I'm in

The tomatoes are almost dried out, almost time to bake the lasagna. Have a nice evening!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow will check the SDM markdowns for sure next time!!!
    I found a better deal for Kraft hazelnut spread better than maxi and cie reg price..metro have it for 3,77$ so minus 2000 pc points per big jar -1,00$ tear pad and pm at maxi and cie=0,77$ a jar glad I still have 4 coupons...anyway my maxi and cie is a limit of 4 in pm ..will go tomorrow before lots of people see this deal on french fb couponning group!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    wow will check the SDM markdowns for sure next time!!!
    I found a better deal for Kraft hazelnut spread better than maxi and cie reg price..metro have it for 3,77$ so minus 2000 pc points per big jar -1,00$ tear pad and pm at maxi and cie=0,77$ a jar glad I still have 4 coupons...anyway my maxi and cie is a limit of 4 in pm ..will go tomorrow before lots of people see this deal on french fb couponning group!
    The 2 Shoppers I've gone to used to usually mark down products on Wednesdays. You could check with your store and find out when they normally do it. I had a good friendship with the guy who handled the markdowns at my old Shoppers in Aurora. He helped me save a ton of money. He used to point out all of the products he marked down to save me time looking.

Cath, how did you find your facebook couponing group?

Thanks!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    The 2 Shoppers I've gone to used to usually mark down products on Wednesdays. You could check with your store and find out when they normally do it. I had a good friendship with the guy who handled the markdowns at my old Shoppers in Aurora. He helped me save a ton of money. He used to point out all of the products he marked down to save me time looking.

Cath, how did you find your facebook couponing group?

Thanks!
    When we had trouble with pm in smart canucks @Giseledta and @Angela273 ...I asked for name of fb en couponning group and they said some to me and to others members
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not sure if I can writhe in here but the name is: Canada Community from Coast 2 Coast

great group,lots of infos and samples
    they ask for reference when you join I just putted smart canucks and got accepted

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

rain all day here.... that was.. oy.. long day.. made wraps for supper. hopefully it will be a great day tomorrow.
    i picked up a sign i had made for my hubby. it was a nice thing for him, he has worked alot of hours lately, he is a tad tired.

tomorrow is friday, very needed.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hope to find the 3 coupons I posted tomorrow if I go shopping that would be very nice!!!!
    Feel like summer today in QC but a bit windy!
    Yes tomorrow it is friday..I like the fridays

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I finally spent some time catching up our finance and budget trackers. After spending $1000.00 a month on groceries from April until August I managed to get to $400.00 in September. The garden was producing well and we were focused on using what we had. This month looks good too. Typically we spend $600 to $700.00 a month. It’s nice to see some savings for a change. Dining out and restaurants was higher in September as we had 3 birthdays and took advantage of the nice weather. I expect it will drop to next to nothing as I am not sure we are ready to dine in and honestly by June we were bored with take out. We met with our financial planner and are on track to retire in spring of 2026. So I am very excited to work to reduce that timeline. This means I am done at 59 at the latest.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Ciel Thinking of you on your journey and your battle with health. I hope you are finding inner healing. A friend of mine did a free will. I can't attest for it's validity, but she was happy with the service.
    https://www.haveyourwill.com/

I need to inform myself on all the Ontario hydro buzz.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information