User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I cannot remember the last time I posted, life is purely insane right now.

We had to close one of our branches and one department due to possible exposure. Thankfully tests have come back negative but they are all in quarantine. So a few of us went in and re opened the branch yesterday and today we got to reopen the department that was closed today so I was moved there to process paperwork and get things taken care. I have literally been going in circles for 2 days and it will be the same for the next few days well I get everything sorted out.

I have officially been added to the working this Saturday schedule, it is what it is.

I did a Wal-Mart pick up order tonight (tons of spots so I did not feel like I was taking a spot from someone else) everything went well expect the one item I needed they substituted. My toothbrush broke the other day and we do not have any spares so I ordered a new one but I need a soft toothbrush and they were out of soft so they gave me a medium. Good new is Mom reminded me we have extra Toothbrush Heads so I can just change out the head.

I also ran into Wal-Mart because I needed new shoes, the past 2 days by the time I got home my feet hurt so bad I could barely stand and had a serious limp because my heel hurt and I could not bear any weight on it. Luckily I found a pair quickly (the second pair I tried on), I wanted a better than Wal-Mart pair but this will get me into the new year and until things open up again (we are officially in the grey).

Hope everyone is having a great week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -talked to my dear sister-in-law last night regarding my brother ,he is comfortable in his room and only one person one visit a day (his wife and 2 sons are on the list).I guess i wont get to say goodbye to him whixh is sad due to covid situation.

He doesnt realize he will die (due to his metal capacity)which is a good thing his memory is forgetfull long term and short term now .I just told her to keep me informed as to how he is.It must be so hard on his boys and wife ,just to know this .that he doesnt have long to live .

Ahh covid such a hard time .I am staying in pretty much ,just shovelled half our driveway .Hubby can do the rest later.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I finished a puzzle last night 1,500 flowers -took 2 weeks .I cant believe the prices people are asking for puzzles on kijiji,when i sold 3 for 10.00 2 weeks ago.One person has a puzzle with 5 pieces missing 8.00,they should just toss it as i wouldnt wish to do a puzzle with missing pieces .

I sold another toy for my daughter-in-law on friday 5.00.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No snow yesterday, just Mr. Wind. Today, a centimetre of powdery snow!
    Decided last night to make a hot cocoa with the Camino cocoa lurking in a cupboard after I turned down Bro's Keurig hot choc offer. Also ate some crushed garlic and medium curry powder with my cooked dinner veggies as Bro has something of a cold and my throat has been acting tight for two days. Ate extra clementines and bananas to make sure my immune system stays strong. I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can go out to library or cancel. Saturday's weather is supposed to be mixed precipitation and I don't wish to walk in that with a cane.
    L'Epicerie show last night (spanokopita!!!)also talked about aspics & Jello salads and different wine caps or systems to safely keep open wine bottles tasty.

Bro left his computer on so I am taking the opportunity while I have the chance!

The community paper bundle yesterday contained 3 of the major grocery flyers. Given the thickness of some store flyers, I need to set some aside for January green bin use (to crumple for bottom of big green bin to reduce chance of bags freezing to it). Must check digital flyers for other items.

I noticed that Shoppers new flyer shows a 5lb weighted kids' blanket for $39.95. Think that is just within Mom's ability to lift for use in the living room. I saw that some adult blankets are 15lb and that is too heavy for her. Would love to find the floral print one in late Dec. Here's hoping Santa helps out after Boxing Day (not enough funds now to seek it out today).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Went to No Frills and grabbed a few things (Milk for my mom- she said hers is expired!) and I had an PC offer for dog food so figured good time to stock up and use my $6 coupons. Good news the new bags each had $6 off coupons on them!! So my dog won't starve
    Few other deals to make our meals great

Found my grill in the laundry room. Washed it all up. Going to give it a test run of pancakes this weekend

My sister gave me another under the bed storage bin so have to decide what I will use it for.

Stay warm my friends!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

good afternoon! I got up early today and scored the local paper and flyers for myself and a frugal friend. It's become somewhat of a competitive event for us. We have a FREE box in our little neighbourhood but they only put a small amount of papers in it.
    The day is flying by and there seems to be a lot of projects to get done. I want to clean out our fridge before DHs sister arrives. I need to leave her space for appetizers she's bringing. It's just the 3 of us so hope it's not too much food. We're kind of stuck on what to do this Christmas re baking. We've both put on weight and really don't need the extra calories. I think I'll make rice krispie squares and possibly shortbread and leave it at that.
    I have to tackle some kitchen tidying and wrapping today. Only a few more items to pick up from grocery stores before xmas. Definitely getting the Lantancia milk from the Metro offers...love the premium milks! I also noticed that Home Hardware has finish detergent tabs on for $5.67 and I have some coupons.
    Have a great day!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hey does anyone have any ideas, recomendations.... for a cheese tray, deli tray .. delivery of some sort... for Etobicoke,,.... for the 23 or 24... sigh.. thanks

yes, having huge mom guilt over my middle child not coming home for the holidays, ... have i mentioned ... i dislike this year....
    Last edited by Giseledta; Thu, Dec 17th, 2020 at 09:09 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I think it is time to hibernate, between the cold weather and the ever rising Covid numbers we are going hunker down and just be at home. Although I hear the temps are going back up this weekend.

Mom made one last trip into No Frills today, I was going to do an online pick up order but discovered all of local No Frills although they offer online ordering they do not do curbside pick up so you have to go into the store to get your order. So Mom just went in and grabbed the couple things we needed. She got Mushrooms, Potatoes, some Herbs she wants for something & some dips to have as a treat over the Christmas Season.

Not much else going on right now, my life is pretty much sleep and work right now since I am working out of town again.

I still need to figure out my plan for Christmas but I have warned my family I do not have their gifts yet, pretty sure they all know they are getting a typical homemade Ashley gift so they are understanding. I am being realistic I am working tomorrow, Sunday I plan to do nothing so looks like I will have to see what I can get done on Monday.

Alright time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not think they delivery but if they have a Metro close by there trays are pretty good, we have had them for a number of work events (pre Covid) and everyone enjoyed them.

I have also had the Sobey's ones if there is one nearby, I find the Metro ones nicer but Sobey's is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hey does anyone have any ideas, recomendations.... for a cheese tray, deli tray .. delivery of some sort... for Etobicoke,,.... for the 23 or 24... sigh.. thanks

yes, having huge mom guilt over my middle child not coming home for the holidays, ... have i mentioned ... i dislike this year....
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Vacation day for me today.

DS joined his class online today so I made him a nice breakfast.

Courier rang my doorbell at 9am with a delivery of wine from my work. That was nice! But the cost for the wine, packaging (huge box) and shipping well..... Us smart shoppers could do wonders with that money!!

Time to get rolling. Have a hot shower to warm up and get ready for the day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. We had a wonderful evening last night wrapping gifts while drinking wine and listening to a great Christmas playlist on spotify (Country Christmas music 2020 by Pure Country, newer songs). Got a few things done this morning and I have my ukelele zoom session to keep me out of trouble this afternoon.
    DH is going to Wally World for me to get a ham and a bag of potatoes. Aside from that, we're holding off on buying much more. I'll do one last shop on early on Tuesday morning and that's it. I really want to stay away from crowds and shopping.
    Have a wonderful day and hope you get out to enjoy some of the sunshine!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For anyone interested Air Canada has a 3 day sale on their gift cards for 10% off.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We are about to be a Covid sandwich. Both Hamilton and Peel are in the grey zone and they surround us. I have a few things left to do and a curb side pick up so I am hoping to get it all done today and then never leave my house.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well DD, pooch and BF hit the dusty trail to Ontario today to spend Xmas with his family-they will catch us again on the way back to Vancouver for school. Suddnely the house is quite tidy and very quiet-needs a good cleaning though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good afternoon. I went for a really nice long walk along the bay this morning with my dog. After that, I was checking out Christmas songs to play for our Christmas ukelele session. I started searching for recipes for meals and came across a chicken Enchilada recipe I'm going to try today. For tomorrow, I found a pasta and pepperoni bake I'm going to try. It's a great way to use up some items in the cupboard and fridge.
    With SIL coming on Tuesday, it's time to start doing a good clean. I think I'll tackle my baking cupboard this afternoon. Have a great day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information