User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The $3 Aveeno coupon isn’t a tear pad, it’s a manufacturer mail out coupon.
    Thank you @Angela273 didn’t know that
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon.

i have most of my todo list tadone. i should do laundry... sigh.. just dont wannna... tomorrow.
    maybe tonight, i will just work on my menu idea plan.... maybe work on some knitting... hmmm bliss

i can do laundry tomorrow.

i posted 1 dc item for sale.. it is pending pick up .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    It was another not a lot got done type of day here.

I ended up doing an hour or so of work. Although we are shut down one production plant and one shipping department are still open and running on reduced hours. There were a few "issues" in shipping today where they needed paperwork altered or created and I am the only one they can get ahold of during shut down.

My headache has become what I call a rolling headache, it starts to dull but when I get up and start moving around it reminds me it is still there. This afternoon even just sitting on the couch I found it kept seeming like it dull and then come back.

I did get the dishwasher emptied and reloaded and scrubbed down all the Kitchen Counters. I am obsessive about cleaning our counters lately, I feel like I am constantly wiping them down. Although with both of us home and eating all meals at home some days it feels like keeping the kitchen clean is a losing battle.

Made a couple of tweaks to my Ricotta and Spinach Baked Pasta which made it so much better this time around, it was not dry this time, last time it was a little dry. I use frozen spinach in this recipe and found this package to be quite earthy. I still have half a package of spinach and some Ricotta I still need to use up. I did not get my tomato sauce made, we still have a few jars in my stockpile so I grabbed one of those.

I finished my old crochet project last night so I started a new one tonight. This is part of my plan for my me time is get back to doing things I enjoy and making time for these things no matter how insane work is or how much my house needs my attention.

Think it will be early to bed tonight and really hoping this headache is gone in the morning,

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Will be heading out soon for a much need walk
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning.
    @flemeth . Me too. Gotta get out there while its nice out. Who knows what the weather will be like later.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just cleaned bathroom number 1-sink and toilet
    Then plucked my eyebrows .

I think i will do a load of laundry and make a tea .

A walk sounds wonderfull as it is soo sunny ,cold doesnt stop me i will wear a toque .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am off this week and so far today just relaxing with my coffee. I am planning to do the frugal woods Uber frugal January challenge so am getting set up for that. The plan is to eat what we have and buy milk and veg. I may have to cave and buy chicken as we are almost out. Without planning I ended up with $300 PCO so that will help my no spend month. I am also using up all the trial sized beauty products that just waste space as part of my get rid of 100 items plan. It feels good to get ready for the new year and say goodbye to this one.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-i started doing that using up small body lotions i got from hotels and my girlfriend gave me a bag full a few months back.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to admit last night I was looking at all my travel bottles and wondering what to do with them. I have a pretty big collection as I used them when I travelled but right now there is no timeline for me to be able to travel again. With everything going on I am not in a place I feel comfortable staying in Hotels.

Okay a little bit of a late start to the morning as I did not want to get out of bed but once I was up I got a few things done. All of the hand dishes are done including some baking pans.

I made a batch of Spreadables, we are not out yet but nothing annoys me more than trying to make something but first needing to make Spreadables. Going hand in hand with my trying to be more organized this year is not leaving thing until the last minute.

I still need to get some meal prep done but I think I might re evaluate my plan for this week and move some of my meal prep to the weekend for next week's use. I feel pretty on top of dinners for this week but we go back to work next Tuesday although I will be working remotely I still find I need to meal prep or our week falls apart when it comes to dinners.

Alright still go a few more things I want to get to get done today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.

so, i have made a list of things i wish to create for the daycare. it will help keep me focused a bit
    i asked someone to help with a wood project i need ,, want done. ..

making pizza for supper.
    working on laundry for a bit, then will sit and do a bit of crafting.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was looking at the free ads on kijiji and someone was looking for baby girl clothing .My daughter-in-law gave me a bunch of clothing about 2 months ago and i was gonna take it to value village but never got around to it ,so the 35 article of clothing i am giving to some mom in need .

Thought it was a nice gesture to help someone out .
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Posted some more stuff on a freebie site after my younger son agreed to sort through his clothes. He gave two pairs of sweat pants to his older brother and a bag of lacrosse stuff will go to a friend. Once he gets his room tidy he can keep it that way for a while, whereas his brother is the neatest kid I know. Dinner was oven fajitas with leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today like many, seemed to fly by too quick. I went out to shop early this morning at Metro and curbed my urge to shop at other stores.
    I did laundry yesterday so today was just light tidying. I had a wonderful chat via messenger with three friends that I roomed with in University. We haven't "seen" each other for years. Video chatting really does step up long distance friendships.
    After that, we went over to visit my parents..brought a ham care pack but I forgot the bacon I bought for them. Oh well, an excuse for another visit. A walk after and the day seemed to fritter away.
    I'm starting to get into a purge mode:
    We have to pay for garbage here and although tempting to put a garbage tag on my old bread maker and electric fireplace stove that aren't working, we're going to bring it to a recyclers instead. We really don't care about the money we get for it, it's more about keeping things out of the landfill. We'd love to get the fireplace fixed but we only paid $40 for it used so doubt we could get it fixed for that cheap.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Okay, change in plans for today.

Mom had a curbside pick up to do so I went with her to go for a drive. Since we were going out I finally shoveled our steps and when we got home I dug my car out.

Tomorrow will be a home day where I will tackle a few things namely the kitchen floor needs a good scrub and I need to Deep Clean/Scrub down the bathroom. The Deep Clean will include the ceiling and walls, never my favourite task but it needs to be done.

In the kitchen tomorrow I want to make my Tomato Sauce which will just sit on the Stove and Simmer for hours (or I could jump dump it in the Slow Cooker). As well I have some apples I need to use up.

Dinner tonight was BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade Dill Potato Chips, pretty good although flavouring the chips is still a work in process. They were good but a little inconsistent in flavouring.

I think it is almost bedtime for me, I am having trouble sleeping. I can fall asleep not problem but I keep waking up multiple times a night which leaves me not feeling rested. Although I did just discover tonight is the full moon so that might explain it all.

Off to relax a bit and then off to bed.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thrilled that people are enjoying time outdoors. Yesterday, I simply needed to get out of the house and away from family (three days are too long in my opinion and tv in evenings is mostly boring except for two things that weren't). Observation-seems that no store has Arm & Hammer Fridge and Freezer boxes in stock and the regular boxes of A&M soda all have banners for that other box! I bought a box of the regular stuff as I want some baking soda for room odour control. I even just looked at online grocery sites and no Fridge & Freezer boxes. Bro had encouraged Mom to get out and she decided to run a couple of errands and was glad she did. Then in the evening, she started to feel achy due to the weather predicted for this morning. We found A Garage Sale mystery movie last night that was fun to watch.

Plan next week to make a Voila order for needed items. Have to round up desired baking and casserole recipes to add to the list. While I was unable to use a recent free delivery promo, I was sent a $10 off next $100 order code *one-time use, good until late Feb* and that code will be used.

The Bay has some clearance clothing deals for Boxing Week that end on Dec.31 and some items may qualify for the 10% EXTRA code as well (indicated in bold red font under applicable items). Check underwear and holiday socks for inspiration--plus Martha Stewart's Fair Isle cotton sheet set (it looks like flannel) is 50% off too. I have a coupon code for 40% off any regular priced item good until mid-January but have to see if anything essential could come up by then.

This week remains a "claim back the floor" tidy project. Some paper got recycled but there is plenty more to move along.

I roasted most of the potatoes we had for a supper surprise by adding dried rosemary to the mix. Yum!

Using a cane for support-it seems to be "othering" me when I go to certain stores. Yesterday, I was asked what I was buying at one store and was offered a scooter for shopping, which I declined. I have never used a scooter and would not want to try one in the aisles where about 1/3 of shoppers are deliberately ignoring directional arrows or taking up the middle of the aisle and not giving enough passing space to get past them. It's just about making me want to blow a Fox 40 whistle in-store.

Has anyone been watching Wonder Woman 1984? I keep seeing box office segments on local news this week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information