User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I remembered this morning around 7am that I forgot to take the roast out last night lol. So that is the plan in the crockpot tomorrow. Will grab fresh buns since DS prefers a hot beef sandwich over traditional roast beef dinner. We still have fahita stuff leftover that he can eat today. Think it will be fend for yourself night since I want to get some cleaning done.

Just submitted my 2 massage receipts so when I get the $200 refund I will put $100 on the one card that still has the balance on it from the massage and the other $100 in savings since I already paid for it. Thank-full that I didn't book my last massage of the year next week and then it would have been cancelled I assume with the new lockdown.

I am a little excited to plan/start the budget. Just want 2020 done so it can be a fresh start!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Dec 22nd, 2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Ciel, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got an amazing night of sleep, so happy, hoping it will help me feel better.

Cream Cheese cookies are the racks cooling, Peanut Blossoms are still on the cookie sheet cooling so I can move them to the cooling racks.

Forgotten Cookies were perfect, they have been packaged in an airtight container.

I am just waiting for the oven to cool down a bit, the nuts go in at 200 and tie up the over for about an hour. I was going to do the Chex Mix in the Slow Cooker but I think I will switch to the oven method instead. From what I have read, in the Slow Cooker a lot of babysitting is needed and it takes 3 times as long as the oven method so I think I would prefer to just get it done.

Mom is going to make Homemade Dill Pickle Chips to give everyone and I am also thinking about making some roasted Chickpeas.

We shall see where the day takes me.

Have a great day everyone
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

11 inches of snow on our deck so far and it is still coming down-definitely a white Christmas here!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We like the tradition of wrapping paper. We recycle it so all good.
    I thought wrapping paper is non recyclable. I reuse gift bags every year. Tissue paper without glitter can go in the green cart. But regular wrapping is garbage in Halton region.
    Ciel, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -yes regular wrapping paper is garbage here also .I reuse gift bags all year round ,plus this year i used the bay's small brown boxes (that my items were shipped in)to reuse for clothing as gifts for the grandkids ,then recycle right after.

I just made that Jenny loaf the walkonby posted but i left the bluberries out as i just wanted a lemon loaf -its nice but - could have taken it out a bit earlier .Lovely with a cup of tea .
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Fun Fact I heard the other day, apparently for it to be deemed a White Christmas there has to be 2 cm on the ground at 9 am on December 25th.
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I thought wrapping paper is non recyclable. I reuse gift bags every year. Tissue paper without glitter can go in the green cart. But regular wrapping is garbage in Halton region.
    I have many rolls that are Kraft paper which can be recycled.
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    barbis -yes regular wrapping paper is garbage here also .I reuse gift bags all year round ,plus this year i used the bay's small brown boxes (that my items were shipped in)to reuse for clothing as gifts for the grandkids ,then recycle right after.

I just made that Jenny loaf the walkonby posted but i left the bluberries out as i just wanted a lemon loaf -its nice but - could have taken it out a bit earlier .Lovely with a cup of tea .
    I saved a few boxes from my Flashapp veggie/fruit purchases and they were perfect for my "girls fun box" Wine/shampoo/cond/bodywash/chocolate etc)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Chex Mix and Everything Bagel Peanuts are done, now I just need to make the Beer Bread Mix for everyone, that should not take long, I think I will do an assembly line. I still need to package everything as well, not quite sure how I am going to package it yet. Normally I buy pretty packaging but since I have been trying to not go into stores I did not get chance to shop this year.

Mom made Sugar Cookie dough which is in the fridge and Shortbread which is cooling on the stove right now.

I think we are well stocked on treats now. Step Mom messaged, dinner will be ready after 4 tomorrow for pick up.

I got a bunch emails today I need to go through and deal with. Even though we are shut down our Vendors are not so the paperwork needs to keep flowing. The good news is I can do the work from home, although with the way things are looking right now I will be moved to completely remote when we go back. It will make things tricky but just another challenge to overcome.

Tonight's dinner will be homemade Chicken Tenders with Oven Fries and maybe a Ceasar Salad.

Hope everyone is having a great evening
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Posted elsewhere also but thought I would post here to have coverage ...

Ontario lowering hydro bills during province-wide COVID-19 lockdown

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/ontari...wn-hydro-bills

28 days of 8.5 cents per KWh from Jan 1 2021
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I won a $10gc for a steak place Dh likes. It was a Christmas Facebook contest. Yay! I’ll take a small win.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    For anyone interested Air Canada has a 3 day sale on their gift cards for 10% off.
    Do airlines ever sell their on-board flight store items to landlubbers like me who don't fly? I know airlines cannot guarantee stock in time for one's trip but with flights pretty much grounded, are airlines doing online sales right now?
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dad's company sent by courier to all employees and retirees *or spouses* the annual ArcelorMittal Dofasco nutcracker. This year's edition is white with black buttons and has an actual back lever to open mouth of said nutcracker! Mom thought I had ordered something for her (no budget!) but upon feeling the box in the courier envelope, I knew what it was. I saw on Twitter that company employees got a box of locally made sauces, caramel corn, treats and a gift card for Indigo plus a company greeting card. I have the new nutcracker on the coffee table with the corporate Christmas card and the 2018 nutcracker (purple) by the clock on the old tv stand.

I was surprised to get two Christmas cards in the mail-one for me from a relative who was sent a card and one from my brother's friend-yesterday. Today, our family got a Christmas photo card from a relative with a young family. (And to those who have posted about friends or family not adhering to the one household rule, word has reached us of three households getting together recently and that is likely going to pose a health risk to the eldest in the clan--I mean, they should understand the one household rule except for single persons joining one household for support reasons. Contact tracing will be huge if anyone gets COVID-19-think 40+ people of contact if they'd think about it and a couple of those people are in healthcare...)

I am trying to shake off a light head cold (mostly in my nose and light cough stuck around my Adam's apple) by eating oranges, taking Vitamin C Halls candies, adding spices and crushed garlic to my pasta meals and more. I'd like to get my library books tomorrow as Thursday's weather is going to be a messy mix. Plus this is the last couple of days of computer access. Next week, no HPL library will allow computer access, just in-branch holds pickups via staff (we cannot touch books nor get our own holds-only staff can).

My two-year old flannel pj pants have a lovely diagonal tear on one leg that keeps growing. Fortunately I kept the matching flannel bag and I will cut a bias strip to mend the pants as they are cozy for now. I also put on a flannel bottom sheet on my bed, as I have been waking up cold often and think any warmth with assist in restful dozing or sleep. Right now, pain issues keep me rolling to each side or on back or curling up to keep warm. Got to fix all that movement because it keeps my brain droning on.

No success in getting Mom to whip out her credit card to buy groceries online today. I think my next order will be in early January.

For two days, I've been thinking of what items my GST credit will be used for: $27 for extra year of laptop warranty (it expires in late March), Jan. bank fee and then I'll see. At least the funds will be direct-deposited, so no need to feed the bank ATM. I'm letting my photo id card expire in two weeks and have to find out how much the carbon tax incentive credit will be next year. It's likely I will apply most towards next Feb. property tax installment but I'll need $80 to renew McAfee security in April. If I wanted the Microsoft 365 suite with Skype, that's another $79.99 and I cannot allocate that yet. Personally, I dislike having to set up accounts for each and every online service.

Yellow Pages phone directory tip for Hamilton area residents still waiting for the new issue-the distribution period is Dec 9-31 (news to me as I called last week to get an update). I'm to call YP back in January if I don't get the new directory but I'd rather receive it than go a second year without it. A friend in another part of town got hers on the weekend.

Santa, I still want a HP mobile printer with ink. I have the paper and USB B cord!
    barbis9, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just won this...I’ll call the business tomorrow to get more info and pick my prize.

FINAL DAY of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. Like our page and interact with this post to enter!Grand prize: Your choice of one of our equipment packaged! (Rise & Grind OR Namastay in Shape)Attachment 366118
    Tweets77, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta I saw your request for platters to deliver in Etobicoke. Given the lockdown situation in Toronto and Mississauga (Cousin's Market was on my mind but store is on Hurontario St where LRT construction is ongoing and store wants 48 h advance notice on catering orders), I'd advise seeing which eateries or small stores are near the campus or where your middle is living that are open for boxed orders for pickup *by middle,as you are out of town*.

Let's see if I have a couple of links to offer you (near the main Humber College campus north end, not the south location near Lakeshore Blvd):
    https://theheartykitchen.ca/catering Cheese platter pricing shown. I'd suggest contacting business to see if platter is available. Site says delivery anywhere in GTA.

Saw good reviews for Korean family owned Humber College Cafe in a medical arts centre. No idea about platters.

Unfortunately the college's Humber Room dining room is closed tomorrow and the campus closes on Dec. 24.
    http://www.thehumberroom.ca/

Will suggest GroceryGateway.com by Longos-might be able to get same day delivery. See holiday delivery hours and lobby pickup notice (if address is a high-density building, not a house). Some platter options. Min. $50 order, $9.99 delivery fee plus $1.00 eco fee to cover any bags. Type in destination postal code to see if delivery is possible and what delivery hours are available.
    https://www.grocerygateway.com/store...ays/c/703-6126
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Dec 22nd, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information