User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening. Well the "first shovel" snow event occurred last night. People here embraced the chance to go outside and chat with others while clearing their driveways. I got "caught" in my Christmas pj pants chatting to people but they didn't seem to mind. My DH even had two ladies standing outside "coaching him" on how he should shovel...I reminded him that they've been stuck inside so just put up with it.

My Dad called to say that he fixed our little electric fireplace and so I went by today to pick it up. I brought my dog and we all went for a walk in a nice park in Belleville. It was absolutely wonderful to see life around the park. Kids toboganning, dogs at the park, people walking. It was busy but everyone was distanced..it was a wonderful "piece of normal".

Cleaning wise, I focused on laundry, I honestly have a ton of cleaning to do but procrastinated a bit picking new ukelele songs to practice this week.

Enjoy your evening
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We just sat down and did the menu for the next 14 days. I am going to Metro as the plan is just produce and what we need is on sale. Then a stop at SDM for eggs and they are in the same plaza. I am skipping RCSS as then I overspend and look for deals. Tree is coming down today.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

shopping done. MIL asked us to pick up a card and a gc for her. we did that. i have no intention on leaving the house for the rest of the day.

house work. and prep for tomorrow,

worked a bit on my goals and plans . will do more today.

we have a bit of snow out today. not shoveling .. it is melting.. and there is not alot.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi-everyone -i had a great new years -i got to talk to my dear brother as he is home from the hospital .My sister-in-law and her son are having a zoom meeting with the doctor on tuesday,so i will know more then ,but i was overjoyed to hear his voice and talk to him.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wonderful news @coupongirl
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I spent about an hour last night working on my To-Do-List for home and my To-Do-List for Tuesday when I return to work. I also took some time to organize a few things I did over shut down. It felt good to have all of this in order, today I need to do the production report for this coming week. It shouldn't take me more than half an hour.

This morning I got up and did the hand dishes, packaged the Tomato Sauce I made the other day to go in the freezer and I broke down a bag of Sugar we bought for Christmas and baking did not use.

I was going to Meal Prep today but I think I am going to move this to tomorrow since I do not go back to work until Tuesday, I think it would just work better for us.

Now, I just need to come up with Dinner for tonight, thinking I might do Wings for Mom, Chicken Cesar Wraps for myself and we both can have either Oven Fries or Roasted Potatoes.

It is snowing here, we will see how much we get then I will decide if I need to shovel.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Wonderful new @coupon girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very pleased to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hi-everyone -i had a great new years -i got to talk to my dear brother as he is home from the hospital .My sister-in-law and her son are having a zoom meeting with the doctor on tuesday,so i will know more then ,but i was overjoyed to hear his voice and talk to him.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupon girl That’s awesome and I am happy that you get to talk to him and he is home

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@coupongirl that is fabulous news
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

For dinner I made salad, rice and meatballs. Lots of leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow/Tuesday to use up. Something simple but filling.

Kitchen is clean. Should get on the laundry. Kind of had a lazy afternoon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We took our kids sledding on Friday and Saturday. We finally had enough snow to go sledding, but it’s melting again and most of the snow will melt this week.

I posted and sold baby/daycare stuff today. We have both of our boys a haircut at home today.

We packed up all the Christmas stuff, cleaned 1/2 the house, and moved the train table into the living room.

I completed 1 more trade today. I made 4 trades this week. It’ll take a back burner as I jump into a busy January. Report cards are at the end of the month.

All of our kids have school tomorrow. I have a surprise for my students tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 3rd, 2021 at 07:10 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Finally got the Kitchen Floor done, let's be honest I have been putting it off as I hate washing our Kitchen floor. We really need to rip the tile out and put something else in but we do not have th $$$ for that right now.

Well I did the kitchen floor Mom did the hallway and the front mat. We got a new mat earlier this year, first winter with this mat and wow does the salt stick to it. Good news is it sweeps right off.

Dinner was Chicken Wings for Mom, BBQ Chicken Cesar Wraps for me and we both had homemade potato wedges. Kitchen is clean except for one pan soaking in the sink, I will wash this in the morning, it needs a good soak.

Plan for tomorrow is to meal prep.

I think I have decided once I go back to work on Tuesday my goal is going to be 30 minutes of tidying/cleaning per day and to start I will take on one "project" each week. After a couple of week I will evaluate how things are going with the balance of work/home/me time and see how things are going ideally I would like to get to a point where I tackle two "projects" a week but not if it means losing the balance I am determined to find in 2021.

Off to finish watching the movie Hidden Figures and then it is off to bed for me.

Have a great night everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - i like the 1 project a week... might steal that .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information