User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Definitely time to put your foot down SA and say you are working 40 hrs a week and that is it!! Time to take care of yourself-as nobody else is likely to!! I hope you can set some new, firm limits on your time. Good luck.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Lizzie, actually last night well I was waiting on my upload/download (which I have to re do, grrr there was an error), I made up some instructional sheets and sent them off so others can help me on a few projects.

We are still short staffed so there are a number of things on my plate that normally are not plus normally I have a team to help me with my winter projects and so far due to being short staffed I do not have my normal team to help. I have sent out some emails to see if we can start building me a team to help me knock a few projects off the winter to do list.
    Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We had light snow overnight and it has started lightly snowing now again.
    I will still get out for a walk this morning and then again later this afternoon. I really enjoy walking alone since I am a fast walker and always feel I have to slow down when walking with others.

I think I will make a pot of rice now and then turn it into chicken fried rice for DS. I have a large container of cooked chicken in the freezer that I would love to use up. Then later today I will make up a cookie sheet of odds and ends and pop in the oven for DS. Mission to clean out the freezer below fridge is really working!!

I see RCSS has peameal roasts on for $1.97lb this Thursday. Need to check my freezer since I use to have tons but maybe i have used them all? Anyway they would make a cheap dinner with eggs and toast etc so I think I will grab a few. Then the leftovers can be made into breakfast sandwiches. My DS will be all over that!

Ok off to finish my coffee and have a banana for breakfast then heading out for a walk then get some work done.

Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

1st 30 min walk of the day done! Then shoveled the walkway since it was snowing/hailing heavily.

Now to make breakfast and the rice. Multi task!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    First training session is done so now I am having lunch. Lunch for the next couple of days will be leftovers, we do not a lot of one item but a variety of one serving leftovers we need to eat up.

Once I am done lunch I will dump everything in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. It will be Garlic Ginger Pork, closer to dinner I will make Rice and Stir Fry veggies to go with the Pork. I was going to make the Rice on the weekend but our fridge is still very full so I did not have anywhere to put the rice.

Put away the dishes on the counter but still need to empty the dishwasher. That will need to wait for later.

Oh so much going on today but I got this.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I will still get out for a walk this morning and then again later this afternoon. I really enjoy walking alone since I am a fast walker and always feel I have to slow down when walking with others.
    I agree. In my hiking experience, I feel that everyone has their own comfortable pace. I think that one's gait is determined primarily by their height, which sets the length of their tread. Unless everyone is of the same height, differences quickly appear.

Unfortunately, the various paces often do not coincide. If I must walk faster/slower than my own natural pace, my body's rhythm is thrown akilter. I actually find it harder on my body. In the end, I just tell my companions that it is not a criticism of anyone, but I must walk my own speed and will see them at the rendezvous point, instead of trying to accommodate someone else's pace.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Guess my walk made me hungry. I just made the most tasty yummy taco salad.

Will clean up the dishes from my lunch and get a bit of work done then out for a walk!
    Ciel likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well today was getting a new dishwasher installed. The old one kicked the bucket early Dec 2020. Service call suggested it was not worth repairing so we purchased a new one in the new year (New credit card cycle - LOL) and had it delivered and installed today and the old one removed all part of the service. Happy so far and it is nice to have a net new one. Aside from a short test cycle to test the connections to water and drain we will not really do a proper cycle until tomorrow night - always try to have a full system before running it. Nice item was that because we purchased a new one from same manufacturer we got back the service call cost on our credit card. Every little helps!

So that was my excitement for today - they were fast - from arrival to departure (including removal of old and install of new) was around 45 min all in! They new what they were doing. We used the service from the manufacturer for all. Did now want any issues with the warranty having it installed with any issue for future service!

So until next time ... have a pleasant day! It is martini time here!

Ciao!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have something posted for sale for $20. Brand new the item is $150. I’ve had some irritating people contact me recently, wanting to buy the item. I loaded my van with SARCAN bags while I waited for the person to arrive at 3:30. My sitter was in the house watching out our big window. No one parked outside my house. I checked my phone after the van was loaded, but the person was annoyed. They asked if I lived in the house or the apartment...closest apartment is 4 blocks away. Person still claims that were here. Now they’re trying to demand that I deliver it for them for an additional $5. They insist that they were here...but I know they’re lying. They weren’t at the right address...didn’t knock, etc. Drives me nuts. Person is now magically claiming they have car trouble, after they returned home. I thought about messaging back and asking the person what colour my house is...since they claim to have waited outside for 30min.

I’m using SARCAN’s drop and go option for the first time. I didn’t know that it was available to the general public. You have to drop off the bags during their regular business hours, login with your info and then put the free individualized labels onto each bag. I will receive an e-transfer in 3-5 business days.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 19th, 2021 at 05:52 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    They insist that they were here...but I know they’re lying. They weren’t at the right address...didn’t knock, etc. Drives me nuts. Person is now magically claiming they have car trouble, after they returned home. I thought about messaging back and asking the person what colour my house is...since they claim to have waited outside for 30min.
    Strongly recommend that you drop all contact with this individual. Think about it. If you already caught him/her in a lie and it is causing all this trouble, just imagine what else an unsound individual might do.

AND, he/she knows where you live.

IMO, nothing good can come from this pursuit.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Strongly recommend that you drop all contact with this individual. Think about it. If you already caught him/her in a lie and it is causing all this trouble, just imagine what else an unsound individual might do.
    AND, he/she knows where you live.

IMO, nothing good can come from this pursuit.
    I didn’t reply back to the person. Someone else might but my item. The item is already safely being stored in our shed.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Snow is having some attitude today. I cleaned off the sidewalks before the sun set as I did not want more ice to develop. I was stunned at the snow flurries around 10am. Convinced sibling I needed a ride and store stop (we each went into separate stores) and dropped off the mail (yesterday's plan but I did not go out). Of course, Ms. Sunshine came out when we reached the library...returned some DVDs and got more to view. Plan is to go back to the library by Saturday as another large batch of DVDs is coming my way. Got a Toronto Sun paper as I had skipped the weekend paper buy and it's fun to have a paper in hand. Plus Mom and I like doing the word search puzzle-today's theme was Life Is a Beach!

I had to take a nap around suppertime as I had dull sensation in my head and could not fight off sleep anymore. Two hours of rest helped even if I did not sleep through all of it. It must be the snow/pressure change. I had risen around 6am and was fine until the afternoon, then felt like I was dragging myself or looking for a reason to snooze.

Hamilton Public Library users-starting next week, no library branch will be open on Mondays. You might get plenty of space at your branch's parking lot if you are using the Wi-Fi from your vehicle. Happened to see the Alerts/Notices count change between Monday and Tuesday and saw the message about service reduction. I still miss using the printer and it's sad to see an empty computer lab at the branch.

Well, a woolen sweater was a key clothing item during the day and a mug of peach ginger tea tonight is helping to control all the treats enjoyed today. Must push myself for a good walk in the morning/windchill or not/ to get my blood pumping and some calories moving along.
    @Angela _273 Your Sarcan's drop and go system with e-transfer is something we Ontarians can only dream about!! Maybe this year, someone at the Beer Store will see the potential of such a system (it would be great for the community groups doing bottle/can fundraisers especially-as it would save volunteers time standing in line with the collected containers at the store).
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad I scan the SC Blog entries sometimes. Did not know about Indigo Plum Members' 25% off certain items until Jan. 24 (I unsubscribed from the e-mails, as I was not shopping often at the store; it's still a treat to visit a location and look at the wares). Must add to my wish list!

Hug a mug of whatever hot soup or beverage gets you ready for the evening and stay warm! Good night.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was busy but a good day. Lots going on at work but got through the training session and I think I am caught up on the day-to-day stuff.

Also got a few small things done around the house. Dishwasher emptied and reloaded. Set-up our new printer it is temporarily living in my dinning room, it should be in the living room but we still have our old printer. With the Stay-At-Home order locally no one is accepting electronics.

Garlic Ginger Pork was okay, there was not a lot of sauce with it and the sauce was super thick and kind of overwhelming. Since it was so thick it did not really mix in and I liked the flavours but but just too much. If I made it again I would have to tweak the sauce to thin it out and have the same flavour profile but a little less slap in the face flavour.

Woke up with a massive headache this morning, like can barely function headache but I have training again this morning so I have to at least push through that. I have taken something so hopefully that helps before my training session starts. Today's session is one with a new employee so it will be like an hour or me talking, not ideal with how I am feeling but it is what it is.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight, will see how I feel after training and that will be the deciding factor.

Time to try to focus and hope this headache goes away.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel and crafter like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning didnt get out yesterday chatted with daughter for a tiny bit (always enjoy that )

I did vacuum thou as i put that off from last week ,may work on my car puzzle .Try for a walk later.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information