User Tag List

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH filed DD's taxes for her last night-we thought she might have to pay with collecting EI but she is getting some back. Unfortunately no student deductions left to pass onto dear old mum and dad but c'est le vie. Went to No Frills this morning and paid only .47 lb for bananas-I think they were trying to clear them out since they were ripe. Just heading up to my Mum's to drop off a few groceries for her.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today, I cooked that last big half of a sweet potato to make a mash of it and added a little nutmeg. I have been checking on the fruits and vegetables on the counter and in the crisper because some of them turn green really quickly or were purchased dinged. You snooze, you lose definitely applies to produce!

Mom bought 3 packets of seeds for the garden. I'll be not doing any garden work until month's end. Not sure I can manage weeding unless I can sit down. Don't have the middle-torso strength of last year. Yard work is going to move from just branch collecting to raking mode probably by next week.

Today is the start of the private sale at Value Village for 40% off shoes so print off your e-mailed coupon if you are looking for shoe deals (Wed-Sun).

So far, today's forecast of 40% of rain/snowshowers has yet to occur. Ms. Sunshine has been keeping the sky bright this morning!

Returned a piece of UK mail to the mailbox. Someone who does not live at our address had HM Revenue and Customs send an envelope to our address. Return to Sender!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was starving and wanted to pick up a salad on my way home from my fav deli but was smart and came home and made something to eat.
    Kitchen is clean now, washed dishes drying on the counter to be put away later.

Sun is shining. Walk time!
    Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today hubby and i went to visit our little granddaughter ,as she has been sick for 6 days now .She goes to day care (where they pick up most every bug)and she had to have her second covid test on sunday (she had one a few months back) came back negitive .

Son/daughter-in-law called me last night as he had to take her to childrens hospital.They did a bunch of tests and if her fever still persists in 48 hours to take her back .

So we masked up to just go and see her .I hope she starts to be her normal 3 year old self running around in time .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today hubby and i went to visit our little granddaughter ,as she has been sick for 6 days now .She goes to day care (where they pick up most every bug)and she had to have her second covid test on sunday (she had one a few months back) came back negitive .

Son/daughter-in-law called me last night as he had to take her to childrens hospital.They did a bunch of tests and if her fever still persists in 48 hours to take her back .

So we masked up to just go and see her .I hope she starts to be her normal 3 year old self running around in time .
    These poor little kids having to get the Covid test! I do not want it at all. My sister and family had to have to because of a close contact at school in the kindergarten room back in December.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Today, I cooked that last big half of a sweet potato to make a mash of it and added a little nutmeg. I have been checking on the fruits and vegetables on the counter and in the crisper because some of them turn green really quickly or were purchased dinged. You snooze, you lose definitely applies to produce!

Mom bought 3 packets of seeds for the garden. I'll be not doing any garden work until month's end. Not sure I can manage weeding unless I can sit down. Don't have the middle-torso strength of last year. Yard work is going to move from just branch collecting to raking mode probably by next week.

Today is the start of the private sale at Value Village for 40% off shoes so print off your e-mailed coupon if you are looking for shoe deals (Wed-Sun).

So far, today's forecast of 40% of rain/snowshowers has yet to occur. Ms. Sunshine has been keeping the sky bright this morning!

Returned a piece of UK mail to the mailbox. Someone who does not live at our address had HM Revenue and Customs send an envelope to our address. Return to Sender!
    As i read this DS brought mail in and again another important piece of mail for the old owner over 11 years ago. Doesn't matter how many times I send back and big note saying moved etc it still comes again.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My guy finished work early so he joined me for an hour long walk. We walked up and down the streets towards downtown and the older homes. Then the big hill back up. I told him last night I was going to have to start walking him so he is ready for back country camping in Algonquin this summer. He knows he needs to get out more so glad he messaged on his way back so I waited for him

Hockey game is on tonight. He is making a cold pasta salad. We will make burgers/sausage as well. Perfect hockey watching meal

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I met my girlfriend in a parking lot near the rail trail and we walked for an hour ,so nice to see her after months of not seeing her .Then it started to get chilly so home we both went .
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Today earlier morning I got a call from my father for an update.So happy with what I heard even it is terrible to go trough this for him and for me and his familly.I am just so happy and thank god jesus and all the others ones hahahah!!!They did not found others things with his heart so that is a good thing and will have just 1 !!! not 4 by pass and 3 tubing in his heart (to do the operation.He will be 2 weeks in the hospital and will be operated next monday or the other day....now I know I will slept and eat more...!!!!This was terrible since friday evening.I know the road and the road to recovery is still there but at least less dramatic....clap your hand and thank you for yours prayers and thought i am sure it is helping.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Premier minister Legault in QC announced my city will be a orange zone for covid so more flexible...yeah!!!! It was about time!!!!
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day, I have been getting up around 5 am all week to try to stay on top of everything. This morning I did not want to get out of bed I was so tired and id not get up until 6:30 so my morning was rushed.

In general I have just been very tired today and not sure why. I got a few things done but not a lot, Dishwasher is emptied and reloaded. I might before bed see if I can tackle a few more things upstairs.

When I was done work I just felt like I needed to unwind a little so I took a nice long hot shower. It was nice to just relax for a bit.

Dinner was Leftover Roasted Chicken, Mom had a Hot Chicken Sandwich, I cannot eat Hot Chicken Sandwiches, there is something about the combination of the the bread and the gravy, I just cannot do it. So I had Chicken in Gravy and both of us Fried Mashed Potatoes and Bean Medley.

Tomorrow is a little bit lighter of a day so hoping I can get some more stuff done around the house. I am really in a mood to clean and purge but finding the time is tricky right now. Although I have gotten more done this week than I do on the average week so I am happy with that.

Not sure I mentioned before but my performance review was pushed again, now we are aiming for Friday. We will see.

Alright off to work on my to-do-lists for tomorrow. Have a great night everyone
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My MIL died today. It was somewhat unexpected. Trying to figure things out. Phone calls to be made. She lived in Alberta.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My MIL died today. It was somewhat unexpected. Trying to figure things out. Phone calls to be made. She lived in Alberta.
    @Angela 279 so sorry for your loss prayers for the entire family
    Skippy, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Today earlier morning I got a call from my father for an update.So happy with what I heard even it is terrible to go trough this for him and for me and his familly.I am just so happy and thank god jesus and all the others ones hahahah!!!They did not found others things with his heart so that is a good thing and will have just 1 !!! not 4 by pass and 3 tubing in his heart (to do the operation.He will be 2 weeks in the hospital and will be operated next monday or the other day....now I know I will slept and eat more...!!!!This was terrible since friday evening.I know the road and the road to recovery is still there but at least less dramatic....clap your hand and thank you for yours prayers and thought i am sure it is helping.

Wonderful news ( update ) @cath007 regarding your father. What a relief to know his heart damage was not as severe as they thought. Prayers for his continued improvement while recuperating.
    Skippy, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @cath007 still keeping you and your dad in my prayers for his recovery
    Skippy, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information