User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! A Spring storm here now. I made it into the office before the down pour!

I was good and made a bagel for breakfast and brought my lunch. I splurged on a $1 Mcdonalds coffee today

The kitchen was still clean when I left this morning. I could hear DS and his girlfriend in the kitchen and lots of beeping. They were just heating up pizza she must have ordered since it had her name on it in the fridge

As soon as I walked in the office I had a FB Marketplace message. Sold an item for $10 with e-transfer received already and pick up when I get home from work. Wish they were all so easy!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I didn't end up taking a roast out for today. We have lots of stuff to use up and decided to save my roasts.

After looking in the freezer on the fridge I found lots of stuff to use up. We have a few packages of stuffed pasta so I made one last night with regular pasta (leftover package stored in a container)
    I cooked up some frozen chicken breasts I bought the other day to try. Don't think I'm a big fan but we will use them up. The rest of the package I will use for fahitas and cut thinly with the spice they should be ok. Packages to use up: Shrimp, steak, pork chops and peameal roast. Will cook these up over the next week for the boys. There is also a meat pie and veggie lasagna to cook up from the freezer.
    I think on the weekend I may bag up all my freezer stuff and move them to my mom's chest freezer so I can defrost mine. Then I will use up the stuff from my mom's and hopefully not plug mine in till the Fall for a winter stock up. Save some electricity
    Skippy and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,just posted 7 little dresses from the granddaughters ,nobody has messaged me .Most likely better if i had a moms face book page ,but dont wish to open a face book never have and never will (i have my reasons).

I started my vacuum ,i hate doing the stairs thou ,but will get that done some time today .I have all the time in the world .Lunch will be homemade chicken soup out of the freezer -yummm

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made homemade chocolate chip cookies -yummm
    p.s i froze some so as not to eat them all in a day .

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Glad you got a great purchase.

Does anyone have problems using hand sanitizer? I am finding that it dries out the back of my fingers to the point that the skin splits open and has difficulty healing. Boy, that smarts.
    Indeed I have the same problem(you and I seem to be the only ones,maybe it's a guy thing?) To heal them I put polysporin and a bandage over them.
    DW says it's because my hands are too dry to begin with and I should put hand cream on them.I just hate doing that all the time cuz I don't want greasy fingers!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

When I was working in the office my hands were paying the price, but as much as I sanitized at work, I moisturized at home.

But with that being said I do have some OCDs and as a teenager it was a regular occurrence for me to wash the skin off my hands. Between the amount I washed and them getting dry I would be missing skin often.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i had a gap order come in 3 days after ordering ,i needed a new baby gift ,plus bought more masks and a bathing suit for ashlyn

my daughter-in-law's best girlfriend had a small baby girl
    i got a cute winter dress with bloomers reg 27.99 i paid 15.11
    hard storey book 2.50 bought ages ago from indigo $2.50 on clearance
    a blank girl card .40 (bought the box of blank cards at talize last year for 3.00

all for under 20.00

plus i am giving the 2 older brothers a box of crayola kit from dollarama with 16 scented markers and 20 page comic colouring book (bought ages ago when dollarama let you buy toys maybe 6 months ago.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Indeed I have the same problem(you and I seem to be the only ones,maybe it's a guy thing?) To heal them I put polysporin and a bandage over them.
    DW says it's because my hands are too dry to begin with and I should put hand cream on them.I just hate doing that all the time cuz I don't want greasy fingers!
    Maybe it is a guy thing.

I tried to moisturize a bit with vaseline, but I also did not want to get grease on other things around the house and my gloves. I'll try the poly+bandaid. Once I recover, I guess I'll just stick to handwashing with soap.
    JadeAngel likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Busy day but good day. I took a melatonin last night, not sure that it helped me sleep but it did calm me down a bit.

Still really anxious this morning. Got through my work morning and then off to get my shot. They were backed up and running 20 to 30 minutes behind, all and all going the 5 checkpoints, getting my shot and the 15 minute wait it took about an hour total. After I was done, I went to my Dad's house to pick up my car so now hopefully all of my running around is done for this week.

So far so good after the shot just a sore arm.

Dinner tonight was quick and easy as I was not sure what time we would be home and also I knew I would have to catch up on some work. I pulled some Pulled BBQ Chicken from the Freezer and made Sandwiches with Oven Fries and a side Caesar Salad.

One downfall to shopping on a Monday is now I need to Meal Prep some of the stuff we bought and it should not wait till the weekend so I will need to try to get this done tomorrow. Not a lot to do but some of it will be time consuming.

Have a great night everyone
    coupon girl likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

last year when locksdown started.. i took a ECE course. they are offering it again. its a yearly conference. it is absoultly amazing i am doing it again.

tomorrow , i get my vaccine jab!! i am very excited.

its going to be a interesting few days.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yeah got my samplesource today -i ate the 2 small chocolate pieces .

I talked to daughter for about and hour today ,which was nice .Just now i chatted with a girlfriend who i havent chatted with since before xmas .She is tired of this covid as we all can be at times ,but we had a few laughs -gee it is so good to talk to a girlfriend instead of hubby.

Oh and my daughter -in-law got her covid shot today( as per her job) which is nice .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Apr 28th, 2021 at 10:00 PM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

my hubby also got his first shot (pfizer) because he's a frontline worker at a hospital

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yeah got my samplesource today -i ate the 2 small chocolate pieces .

I talked to daughter for about and hour today ,which was nice .Just now i chatted with a girlfriend who i havent chatted with since before xmas .She is tired of this covid as we all can be at times ,but we had a few laughs -gee it is so good to talk to a girlfriend instead of hubby.

Oh and my daughter -in-law got her covid shot today( as per her job) which is nice .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is exciting to see people being able to get their shots as for so long it seemed so unattainable. With that being said I realize this does not make things safe or all the restrictions will go away any time soon. There still seems to be a lot about this virus they do not know, but is encouraging to see it does look like we are moving forward which is a nice change. Really feeling like most of us need some positivity right now as for some long it felt like we stuck in a spinning circle that would not stop.

I know a lot of people are worried about side effect from the shot, so far my arm is really sore, I have a bit of a headache but not sure if that is the shot or the weather (It is raining here and I do get weather headaches) and I am super tired but again was that the shot or is that just life kicking my behind.

Looks like it is going to be a rainy grey day here, I won't be leaving the house I have 2 training sessions plus I need to catch up from being away yesterday. I have one task I need to tackle that might take me a few hours to get through, I have kind of been putting it off as it needs all of my attention and will be time consuming.

I combined my 2 grocery hauls last night now I just need to do one final watch through and I can post the video. I am actually enjoying this process by no means is it easy it take some time but I am enjoying the process. What is it about Grocery Hauls, I could watch them for hours.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight, waiting until Mom gets up to see how she is feeling. Depending on how she is feeling might decide dinner for us.

I have some Meal Prep to get done, hoping to get it done tonight after work but we will see what time I get done work. I do have to get caught up from both Monday and Yesterday being away from my desk but hopeful if I put my head down and just get to work, I will get it done.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I took yesterday afternoon off. I could not stare at a computer screen anymore. Feel much better today.
    Puttered in the garage for a bit. Going through boxes so more garbage put out. Things sorted. Posted a few things for sale. Tonight I will start opening the rubbermaid bins and post for sale.
    We have a toilet that needs to go. Maybe I will sledgehammer it tonight and put it out piece by piece on garbage day
    I should put some laundry on tonight and hang to dry to keep up on it. Will have DS take his up to his room from laundry room tonight to get that cleaned out.
    Always so much to do!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Glad you got a great purchase.

Does anyone have problems using hand sanitizer? I am finding that it dries out the back of my fingers to the point that the skin splits open and has difficulty healing. Boy, that smarts.
    Yes, hand sanitizer can be drying. If the skin splits, phone a pharmacy and ask for an over the counter cream. The pharmacy can give more information. After it heals, use soap and water and a moisturizer after drying hands.
    Skippy, Giseledta and HermanH like this.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information