User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ancaster/Hamilton SCers! There seems to be a special Sunday (May 16, pm) curbside pickup of preordered meals in connection with Holy Food Trucks at the local site! May 11 is the preorder cutoff date for dinner orders. Check out the Facebook post!
    https://www.facebook.com/HolyFoodTruck/

Last year, there was no summer series of food truck dates in town. This is something special for 2021!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,yesterday i went to fortinos garden centre and got my 2 tomato plants before they sell out 2.99 each .Last year my 2 neighbours searched everywhere and then paid 13.99 for a tll standing one at an upscale garden centre .They will sit in the house til it is the right warm time to plant in my planters .

Then picked up my free pizza from their hot foods section as the one last week was awfull .So i called and told them about it and they gave me a free new one (which was delicious )

I have the pickup this morning for a bunch of toys about 7 toys to the guy from the other day .A bit of money for my daughter and daughter-in-law .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, May 6th, 2021 at 06:52 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom mentioned she would like to try and have a small Garden this year. A few years ago I did buy some raised planters that we can use. But, I am not sure it is going to happen, I am already hearing that local stores are selling out of veggies and herbs but we do not have anywhere we can store them on the colder nights. We are still getting frost here, there was frost on the car this morning.

Mom called about her car yesterday as we still have not heard anything but they did not call her back. We are okay only having one car since we are in padamic life and do not leave the house but it would be nice to have it back.

Today or Tomorrow I need to clean out the fridge, there is nothing in there that needs to be tossed but I need to see what we have and what we can use up. If we want to go to Costco next week we need to make room in the fridge. So I will make a list of what we have and see how I can use it over the weekend when I Meal Prep. I know for sure there are some veggies I will plan to use so I can get more on this shop, our current veggies will not hold us over so I think using and getting fresh is our best option.

Right now at 7:30 am I am thinking I would like to make a nice meal tonight, get in the kitchen and cook, we will see how I feel come 4 pm LOL.

I am starting to notice we are running low on some meat options. I took a quick look at the flyers there are a couple meats on sale but has anyone else noticed the meat sales seem fewer and farther apart?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, the sun is out here which is nice to see but it is a chilly morning as I mentioned there is frost on the car this morning.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Put me in the club of having the days mixed up this week too! Geez. So messed up. I sound like my retired mother laughing cause she never knows what day it is!
    Finally Thursday and a hockey game to watch tonight

We went for a walk after dinner last night. Amazing how nice and bright it was out still at 8pm last night. Love it!

Off to get some stuff done!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just checked my PC PT offers and nothing exciting. 2000 pts when I get $20 in gas. I just filled up yesterday. I was headed to Mobil but CT gas bar was 4 cents less a litre so of course I went there instead. I will try and top up $20 next week to get the points and keep the tank full before the following May 24 weekend when the price seems to jump.

Our pup had a grooming appointment yesterday. She was so overdue!!! With the lock down wasn't sure if our groomer was doing it then the groomer had a hand injury. Then we had terrible weather (we are 45 mins away and I am a big chicken in the winter now). So happy it is done now.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Foodland has the redeem 95 in airmiles get back 25 airmiles promo again this week. I think I will redeem $20 for 2 boxes of leadbetters burger patties. Not as good as the GT $5.99 hot buy many weeks ago but still not bad and no $ out of pocket is great for me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ,yesterday i went to fortinos garden centre and got my 2 tomato plants before they sell out 2.99 each .Last year my 2 neighbours searched everywhere and then paid 13.99 for a tll standing one at an upscale garden centre .They will sit in the house til it is the right warm time to plant in my planters .

Then picked up my free pizza from their hot foods section as the one last week was awfull .So i called and told them about it and they gave me a free new one (which was delicious )

I have the pickup this morning for a bunch of toys about 7 toys to the guy from the other day .A bit of money for my daughter and daughter-in-law .
    I tried my hand at growing seedlings this year for tomatoes/cherry tomatoes/peppers/ and also green onion, dill and basil. All are doing well but my cherry tomatoes are huge! I'm going to move one into a big pot for my mom for her back deck. Will give her a pepper plant too and see who can grow the best lol

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working away, getting things done which is exactly the kind of day I needed today. I needed to knock some things off my plate and just feel like I was getting stuff done.

I took my first 15 minute break this morning and emptied the dishwasher and just did a little tidy up in the kitchen, nothing big just a few things here and there out of place. Next I need to clean the kitchen floor and clean the bathroom, fun times LOL.

I was looking through the fridge well I got out stuff for my breakfast to see what we needed to use up and I saw some baby carrots and I do not know how my mind works but somehow I went from what can I make with Baby Carrots to we should cook a Prime Rib Roast this weekend. We have a Prime Rib we got on sale awhile ago in our freezer so I think we will cook that up for Mother's Day Dinner and will have Baby Carrots on the side.

I posted a video on my youtube of my German Cucumber Salad, love this Salad it takes me back to Childhood, my step-mom makes this Salad all the time and it is amazing. Probably helps it is pretty much Cucumber and Dill which my all time favourites.

Alright, took a quick break cleared my mind, now onto the next few things.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Good for you and Mom on calling the garage to get updates. If it does not call back, keep at them. Customer service should matter-maybe ask for the service manager.

I'm handing over my laptop for a month to friend. If I get to the library weekly, I'll pop over to the forum for a quick read and maybe a post but otherwise I'm offline to focus on "the situation." Garden will get more attention while I get my sunshine quota/fresh air and walks.

Posted the Shoppers gift card offer that is valid only on the weekend in Gift Card Deals thread. Got our paper this morning and so few flyers inside of the bundle-no Walmart, Longos or Metro.Bit shocked at price of the Lenovo 8GB/128GB laptop unit at $699 in the upcoming Shoppers flyer. Last year, it would have been in the $449-499 range. There could be an enviro fee too. I was told some stores are charging fees on batteries and tvs-expect the same for electronics as Ontario wants producers to pay for packaging/electronics recycling.

Have a marvellous sunny day!
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into RCSS on my way back home from the office picking up my stuff.

PM Watermelon $2.97 and 2 x 1lb Strawberries for $1.67. Have the strawberries soaking before I cut them into containers ready to eat. Craving them with almond butter for treat later today. DS will be happy for the waternelon. I will cut it up tomorrow.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Pretty good day here, got a lot done for work plus a number of things done on my breaks. Taking these quick 15 minute has really helped me to stay focus. I find the walking away helps, maybe I am just weird.

I got the kitchen floor swept and mopped, well I did that Mom cleaned the bathroom so 2 things off my to-do-list.

Dinner tonight, I wanted something different so I pulled from Leftover Ham from the Freezer which I am heating up in the oven and making Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Parmesan Roasted Brussel. A little parm heavy but parm is good who can say no.

I think next week I really need to make an effort to get more new meals back into the rotation. Also maybe look at some different cuts of meat, I feel like we just keep eating the same things. Already considering some Salmon, not sure if there are any other fish or seafood we can look at. Hmmmm I feel like this Costco shop is going to get expensive quick LOL.

Mom called about her car, they pushed out the ETA on the part she needs until the 15th. So at least another week of only having one car, oh well pandemic living makes it easy to only have one car right now.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom mentioned she would like to try and have a small Garden this year. A few years ago I did buy some raised planters that we can use. But, I am not sure it is going to happen, I am already hearing that local stores are selling out of veggies and herbs but we do not have anywhere we can store them on the colder nights. We are still getting frost here, there was frost on the car this morning.
    If you can find seeds, there are some that can be planted even when there is still frost, they will sprout & grow as soon as the ground warms a little. Leaf lettuce, spinach & I think peas. Snow peas are especially nice, they are so expensive in the stores. You just have to be conscientious about keeping them picked, 1 ripening pod will shut down the whole plant. One great year I planted snow peas in late February & had fresh pods from April thru mid-September. I kept a zip bag in the freezer to add the small daily handful to on the days I just rebelled against eating them fresh.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think Covid is getting to everyone. It seems hard to stay optimistic while watching the news. Too much conflicting info about certain vaccines, etc.

I got a message that my password from the site was comprised - has anyone else had this?

Went to shoppers and got my seniors discount, and bonus points. Noticing a shortage of Jamieson vitamins, which is frustrating as I have a bonus offer that I keep carrying over. Had a vitamin D test done and apparently the chewables that I love aren't giving me much vitamin D. Doctor said to buy the liquid version, as better overall absorption.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and working away, feeling tired again today, seems to now be my natural state of being. It is hard I am trying to get back to being the morning person I love but I am so tired I keep sleeping in. Granted when I say sleeping in I mean 6 am LOL. I have a 7:45 am meeting but then I am done meetings for the day and can get just all the things done.

Again, asking myself what are we having for dinner. Maybe I will go in Pinterest and see if I can find something new to make. The never ending question in life is what is for dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!! Finally!! Beautiful sunny day today. Just finishing up a few emails and then I am going for a walk to enjoy the sunshine. Didn't feel well last night so need to make sure I get outside this morning.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information