User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just put an order in on bookoutlet as it has free shipping ,a new colouring book ,and storey books for grandkids for when they come here.I spent 15.00.Last time i ordered was last month online from the gap as a baby girl is coming in august (friends grandchild )and my nefews daughter is having a boy in sept(gifts all bought).

Supper will be light fish and zuccini/fries or mini potatoes .I decided i will not have a large stock of chicken anymore as i took some out of the freezer the other day and it was tough to chew ,with only 2 of us and we dont eat meat all the time .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Really really trying not to be negative about the heat but I am struggling.

I set up the fan in the kitchen so I could sear off the chicken to go in the slow cooker, even using the electric skillet and it only cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side it was unbearable.

I went and sat in my room with the AC on for about 15 minutes before coming down to do the dishes. I really wish I could find an Air Conditioner we could on the main floor but everyone we have spoken to has said it is not a good idea because either of our staircases have doors.

Still have not tackled the fridge which means I have not done my fruit prep, I need to get on this but feel like I am melting.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

would more fans help in the kitchen....
    I often move some stuff outside for cooking... ie.. crockpot... it saves the kitchen from getting hot . My kitchen has absoultly no air flow

I have 2 loads of laundry outside... it is drying in a hour... lol so hot out there
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was thinking since I set up the AC units in the bedrooms, I already brought down my fan but I might also grab Mom's to go into Kitchen. To be honest I really need to pick up some new fans this year. One died last year and we did not replace it and the one out of my room is on its last legs. But, I am not sure if fans are essential, I really wanted another tower fan from Costco but I hear Costco is already sold out.

Sadly we cannot really cook outside, no garage and none of outdoor outlets work. Even BBQing is hard as it is direct sun at dinner time, there is now no shade in my backyard as the people behind us had most of the trees cut down. When we moved in come summer out backyard was almost all shade, bad for growing things but excellent for BBQing.

I have to say I am impressed all and all when dinner was done it was good for a meal cooked using all the gadgets. Tonight's dinner used our Electric Skillet, Air Fryer and Slow Cooker, only one not used was the Instant Pot. The Lemon Pepper Chicken was so tender we did not even a knife to cut it, I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    would more fans help in the kitchen....
    I often move some stuff outside for cooking... ie.. crockpot... it saves the kitchen from getting hot . My kitchen has absoultly no air flow

I have 2 loads of laundry outside... it is drying in a hour... lol so hot out there
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley Costco has fans out today so I guess they decided they are essential. Even with AC I will put my crockpot outside in Summer, it just adds too much heat. We did a bit more deck work this weekend but now it’s the fiddly bits. I think at this point DH should pay someone but he want to keep going. So it could be a summer of a almost done deck. I picked up some free plants from the neighbourhood this week. The gardens are quite fill so now we wait. One of the hot peppers already has a baby.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Jun 6th, 2021 at 10:54 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was impressed that I could return my online orders for socks, solar lights and a shelf back at Giant Tiger! I still have some returns for Canadian Tire but have to wait till they open up again.

Was at Fortinos yesterday and saw Ontario strawberries for $6.99! I was shocked at the price for in season produce. I wonder if a farmers' market would be cheaper? I still don't get why cardboard tasting American strawberries are always on sale.....while I want to buy locally, that is expensive in my opinion.

Entered a draw at Rens and won a bag of cat food
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Jun 6th, 2021 at 11:55 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Was at Fortinos yesterday and saw Ontario strawberries for $6.99! I was shocked at the price for in season produce. I wonder if a farmers' market would be cheaper? I still don't get why cardboard tasting American strawberries are always on sale.....while I want to buy locally, that is expensive in my opinion.
    Be wary of farmers market vendors. CBC Marketplace did a respectable report on re-sellers who had nothing to do with local farming. I am not a particular fan of this program, but I believe this episode is fairly accurate.

Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also:

Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Does anyone else have issues sleeping on Sundays? I do not know if it is because I get out of my routine on the weekend but I always find it so hard to fall asleep on a Sunday night. It is like a vicious circle, I have trouble sleeping Sunday nights which leads to me starting off my week tired.

I was up at 5 this morning, Mom was making fun of me last night asking if I was going to get up and work before I went to work (I am in the office again today). But it made me realize I really enjoy this time in the morning were I am up, I can enjoy my tea and work quietly before the chaos of the day starts. Yes, it means getting up earlier than most but it is a nice start to the day.

I had to laugh I was working with one of our new staff members last week and a bunch of us who are early risers were all discussing what time we logged into the system that day. She looked at us like we were insane that at 5 am there were already 4 of us logged into the system. Honestly I would prefer an early start than working late into the evening and night.

No thoughts for dinner tonight yet, I have not written a meal plan for this week, I was not in the best mood yesterday but feeling much better today. Will try to make a meal plan tonight after work. I did find an Instant Pot meal I want to try but it has pasta in it and we had pasta last night so might save that one for later in the week. With the heat, I am loving one pot meals, whether it is the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker I love when I can just put everything in and out comes a full meal, okay maybe I need to make a side Salad but still so easy.

I might have to run into the store later in the week, we are going through Cucumbers right now like there is no tomorrow, plus I need some fresh basil. I am not good when it comes to gardening, the green thumb skipped me but I was thinking I would like to find a place in the house we could grow a small pot of basil.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, it is Monday and time to start a new week.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -sassy my daughter doesnt have a green thumb but she grows a small pot of basil indoors ,the odd time she will put one on her porch in a rectangular pot with a few other herbs .

I went for a morning walk just now just 16 minutes but hey it sure was hot as i came up the small hill around my big block.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! My week in the office so I should be able to plow though my stuff.

I will have to use my treadmill for a walk later since I don't wish to go walk around Walmart and it will be to hot for my liking to venture at the lake. We will see. Maybe we will get the rain they are calling for and it will be cool then.

I bought a tray of BLSL chicken yesterday and baked 7 breasts in the oven for wraps etc this week. The other 2 I chopped up and used for Chicken tetrazini that I made for DS for dinner last night (His fav) It was a lot of work and a lot of dishes lol but he was thankful. I had a late lunch at 330 yesterday (chicken ceaser wrap) so I wasn't hungry for dinner. Watched my guy eat a veggie burger and salad.

Tonight I will putter in the garage for a bit and post some stuff for sale. I didn't get to it on the weekend. Have a few requests for older posted items. Sometimes just deleting and re-posting moves stuff out the door!

I have a bag of Costco returns too. Will be nice to have that credit on my credit card when I can finally return. I have a shirt to try on that I forgot I bought and was in a bag in the closet. Pretty sure I will like it but will try it on this week and add it to the bag if I don't.

Stay cool and have a frugal day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

On to my sheets ,ready to hang them today .I requested a few free items 2 pots (new) and amazon workout interlocking mats,but they havent messaged me back yet they may have gone ,we will see.

How rude is it of someone not to message a person back after 10 hours to say that their free item went .I would have said sorry it is gone .I messaged them at 7.30 this morning .The odd time i have had it with rudeness on kijiji-uggggg
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jun 7th, 2021 at 08:23 PM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

CO51 updated their terms and conditions. The account is seamed in active after 180 days without a rebate, which results in a monthly charge of up to $3.99 that will be taken from their CO51 account balance.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Super tired today, I did not sleep well last night. Anyone else have this when all you want is a good night's sleep and then you sleep horribly? I lost count of how many times I woke up last night.

I am back in the office today, they have asked me to be in the office all week but I am not sure that is realistic. I appreciate they are doing everything to make me feel comfortable and get me my own setup but reality is I am falling behind. I should have worked late last night to get things done but I stopped after dinner, I was so tired I just couldn't do it.

Not much getting done around the house, it was not bad in the house yesterday when I got home but when you started moving around it started to get warm. In weather like this it feels like the only thing I accomplish are making dinner and keeping the kitchen clean.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Made sure to water my tomatoes/peppers and spinach last night. I can't believe how big my cherry tomatoes are that I grew from seed My peppers are so small. Last year I grew hot peppers and I had one in a big pot and it was huge!! Next year I know to just start my seeds in the big pots because I tortured them moving them to big pots. I tried!

Well when I grabbed my salad out of the fridge this morning to take to work I noticed there is one chicken breast left. So DS will have that gone today in a wrap. Didn't last long.
    We really need to use up stuff in the freezer so I am going to plan meals around that for the next week.

Have a great day everyone!
    Angela273, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information