User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

As for dishwasher i only used it about once a week when i had a big meal ,but with the 4 of us i will use more often .

TOO hot today ,i took sebastian to toyrus for 10.00 a.m when it opened and let him pick out a toy,it had a dinosaur a few sharks and a hover boat with a figure on sale $30 and a small jurassic tiny toy $5.00.The girl i asked her if they get something for doing great on their report cards (as i belong to their group)nope she said you need to spent 100.00 and save 20.00 but it expired .So she left and still gave me a $5.00 coupon and another for when i bring the girls on friday .Such great service .

My daughter hasnt used our computor room yet as she had to order a part for her laptop or keyboard .

Oh babysat all 3 kids yesterday and the littlest cara age 3 had a melt down -ugggg she then came and told me sorry later .We did take them to a playground 10 minute walk from my son,s early morning at 9.00 a.m at least my dear son gets home at 3.00 p.m or just after.

Bye for now .Who know when i will be on next.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i actually find washing dishes calming... i am not sure about the dishwasher... totally on the fence.....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i actually find washing dishes calming... i am not sure about the dishwasher... totally on the fence.....
    I know growing up for the most part, we did have a dishwasher, but would still just wash dishes by hand anyways. My step-mother grew up having that be the time to chat about the day with everyone. But it seems like more and more, they are moving back to using just the dishwasher. I don't have a dishwasher at my apartment personally, so it's all hand washing for me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week, Hamilton re-opened the Early ON centres for outdoor activities. Registration is required for participation.
    Plus there is a virtual event calendar as well. https://www.hamilton.ca/social-servi...tres-locations

Bro grilled the last of the burgers and I had two. One is leftover for whoever needs it. Washed the dishes but somehow this routine is super-boring. Even a freeze pop is not uplifting my spirits. I expect more pep when the temp drops tomorrow even with the rain on the way.

When I was looking at dishwasher links today, I was looking at the countertop unit by Danby. Sometimes such a unit could be perfect for all the drinking glasses and cutlery that end up deserted on the countertop at night. Worth a dream!

Is the premier access viewing of Black Widow on Disney+ getting movie fans excited? That fee will allow 90 days to enjoy the movie over and over. Pity that Wonder Woman 1984 was not given the same treatment in winter/spring on the other platforms (one time viewing and no do-overs for $30). I like watching the Black Widow trailers. Some of the lead character's stunts are similar to what were done as another character in The Ghost in the Shell (worth a look despite the mostly negative reviews, the movie was fairly close to original anime movie).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I deleted all my for sale ads but renewed a few. Sold a $4 item this afternoon.
    Should go putter and post stuff but it is just to stuffy to be in the garage.

Youngest DS is gone for a swim in his friends new pool. Oldest is working. The kitchen sink has been dirty dish free for the past 2 hours!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dufflet brand plant-based chocolate cake is on recall for undeclared egg product.
    https://quickbitenews.com/article/on...es-in-ontario/

Speaking of stuffy rooms, main floor is fairly awful due to still air. I'm enduring the basement despite the air quality as it's about 10C cooler down here.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Rainy day here today but nice and cool! I turned off the A/C and have the window open beside my work desk

DS had a few friends sleep over last and they are all still sleeping. His friends shaved his head last night...finally! They have been talking about doing it for weeks and each week a new kid has a shaved head. DS seriously must feel 20lbs lighter. He looks so young now.

I took out BLSL chicken breast from the freezer. I will bake that today and slice it up so DS can make chicken ceaser wraps. Keep the kitchen clean. That is all I plan today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh yeah I wanted to post yesterday that when I went in my local RCSS there was not someone at the entrance counting/letting you in and we no longer line up and are directed to a cashier to check out.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Cool rainy day here but not complaining, I have the doors and windows open and feels nice to have fresh air in the house.

Working from home today catching up on all the things both work and house related.

I hurt my foot awhile back and I thought it was getting better until yesterday. I was in one of our locations and they do not have the anti stress mats so I ended up standing on the cement floor for over 4 hours. Oh yeah, I was feeling it, serious pain, but the time I got home I was limping so bad. Called the doc and have an appointment booked. Kind of worried since it does not seem to be getting better, but I have also been putting off going to the doc because my schedule is all over the place lately.

I took a quick look at a couple of flyers that start tomorrow, so far nothing has jumped out at me that we need.

Have a great day everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I just gave myself a goal to sell $50 worth of our junk by Sunday.
    I posted a video game that was in the laundry room an hour ago and just arranged pick up tomorrow and etransfer received!
    $45 to go!! Off to post more junk
    Giseledta, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! It's good to be back and catching up on all the latest. Humidity and I do not agree and when the humidex is up I'm even worse off. I am quite thankful that temperatures are more agreeable today.
    Quite happy to have found a $10.00 bill when walking with DW. Decided to spoil myself and went to pick your own strawberry place. Turns out I wasn't the only one that had the idea.The stand was cleared out and I wasn't going to fry while picking them,so lucked out there!
    Sobey's had "local" strawberries in their flyer and despite local meaning Nova Scotia,they tasted like they were picked that day. They were vastly superior to the American ones that you often find in a flyer for $2.00 and I for one will pay the extra for the taste and keeping it "local".
    My other find was a Pepsi Stuff code from a cup laying on the ground.Just waiting for the draw and $10,000.00
    As I may have previously mentioned here, I take my "blessings" where I can find them(the sidewalk is often a good place to look!).
    Pleased as punch that DW and I got our 2nd Covid dose and no side affects.
    Stay safe and well my friends,I look forward to seeing what else is going on in your lives.Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$35 to go! Had a $10 sale before I drove DS to work. I picked up a dollhouse with doll furniture on the side of the road the other day.
    I just posted the furniture for sale and now its gone. Will post the dollhouse later tonight.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dad drilled into me a long time ago to always have a package policy on your vehicle. I’m having to use mine again. My van was hit and run in CT parking lot a month ago. I was finally able to get the damage assessed and it’ll get repaired next week. $1,400+ in damages to my van. I’ll pay the $200 deductible from my package policy, but likely see a small increase to my annual insurance costs.

My organic red rhubarb is popular again this year. I have a wait list because everyone wants 2 bags of rhubarb at a time.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 Would your insurance reduce any increase if you got a fish-eye rear (dashcam) camera for the van to film the people who ding /damage your vehicle? I know you rely on it for shopping and for getting the family around to their commitments.
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Library visit yielded some magazines to borrow along with my hold items today. Made a point to watch two movies-Tenet is really a gripper of a premise. Not always easy to watch. Musical score composed by the Star Wars: The Mandalorian composer-it seems very familiar in some scenes. When a certain situation happens towards the end of the film in a desert, I felt it was done on the "volume" soundstage used by SW:The Mandalorian for backgrounds/settings.

Enjoyed some cherries that Mom purchased today. Had to adjust windows in late afternoon as winds picked up and sky got grayer by the quarter hour. So refreshing to feel the air right now.

GST cheque came in the mail (joy!).

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information