User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!

Youngest DS is buying a camera today so we are off towards the city when I am finished work. He is my wheeler an d dealer.

Today my goal is to finish my work day. Leave the house with the kitchen clean. Fold the load of towels in the dryer and put them away. Wrap the rest of my niece's Christmas gifts . That is my list.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is a beautiful day so far!
    DS is cutting the grass right now. The one neighbour did his yesterday and the other this morning so perfect timing!

I have $1.79 eggs and $3.99 Tide offers for SDM. I think we have 1 egg left so perfect timing. Will make sure to pop in there tomorrow morning after dropping DS off at work.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jul 16th, 2021 at 10:59 AM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slow day today. Dental appointment early today - all good. Now breakfast. Then nothing. I like those sort of days!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -watched the 3 grandkids today ,a bit tired and my one leg was killing me earlier (arthritis)
    Hubby got gift cards for his birthday plus a fire stick for our t.v nice.....

Now the till monday evening no kids -yeah

Hubby is taking our daughter on a test drive on sat -car shopping for her.

I will just relax and i need to get groceries at some point this weekend .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

rain forecast for the day tomorrow... if it doesnt tehn we will go to a farmers market. either way , i plan on working on a section of my family room.

might spent a bit of time with the family... manybe a board game
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ugh had a whole post and lost it.
    DH and i drove to Niagara today and then took the scenic way home through Port Dalhousie. It was lovely. Did a few errands after we came home, I had pulled all the garlic yesterday so now I have a huge gap in the garden so I bought some super cheap kind of straggly looking zucchini plants for 25 cents and some red onions. So if it works great and if not it was 1.00. Tomorrow we drive to London to see my family. There will be hugs 🤗.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thank you for the comments on the flood. Today I will tackle this, yesterday it needed to be out of sight out of mind as the person who has been off for a few days was off again plus the other person in that department had booked the afternoon off so I was there covering again yesterday. There is literally no one else who could step in so I had to go.

On my way home I stopped at Dollarama and Wal-Mart and got some cleaning supplies, we have most on hand but we needed more gloves, I grabbed an extra mop head and some J-Clothes so we can throw them out if needed but not use all of my paper towel.

They came and look at the damage yesterday and we are waiting to hear back.

My foot is not very happy today, very sore. I was worried about this but when I suggested to Mom we needed help her response was there is no who can help. Typical Mom, in the past I have lined up bro to help us and she always backs out of it. I did post in our family chat to see if bro would say anything but nope nothing. Maybe just maybe I am putting off getting started right now LOL.

There is so much to get done without even factoring in the basement, plus I have no idea when I am going to grocery shop and the fridge is officially looking sparse. Plus since I have been covering for 2 days I have some work to get done that has to be done before we open Monday.

Alright time to finish my tea and get started.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Jul 17th, 2021 at 07:19 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is not going as planned still have not accomplished anything, my foot is so sore and I cannot get the pain to stop today. Normally once I get up and get moving the pain goes away. I have been up and moving pain is still there, I did my stretches pain is still there, I have my shoes with insoles on pain is still there. Grrrrrrrr

Plus let's be real here, I am super tired today my whole body is like we had a bad week, we need a break.

So yeah, I am trying but it is a struggle today
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stay Strong Sassy!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Today is not going as planned still have not accomplished anything, my foot is so sore and I cannot get the pain to stop today. Normally once I get up and get moving the pain goes away. I have been up and moving pain is still there, I did my stretches pain is still there, I have my shoes with insoles on pain is still there. Grrrrrrrr

Plus let's be real here, I am super tired today my whole body is like we had a bad week, we need a break.

So yeah, I am trying but it is a struggle today
    @SassyAshley (((HUHS))) I know you have a lot to do but take a break and rest you are in pain there is tomorrow to get stuff done. Maybe you can ask your Sibling for help cleaning up of the basement

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sassy sending hugs

ok... y local dollerama... no long has limits, and has removed all the directional arrows on the floor.... as well as the plastic barriers between staff and customer at the till......

i am seriously not mentally ready for this. ..
    i need to adjust.. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i have planter facitius and it was so bad years ago when i was on my feet -around the house i wear crocs.Oh and i was told to roll your foot over an apple juice can years ago it helps strengthen the foot.

Well hubby and daughter went to mississauga and she bought a car today mazda ,she gets it tuesday .So happy for her and sebastian to have a nice car .

I feel so tired today run down -so trying to get my energy back plus i woke up at 3.00 a.m then 4.00 a.m ,yes 6 hours sleep doesnt feel enough for me .So i have been just resting today .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone.

Today did not go well we got an hour in and Mom was done and between my foot and how tired I was feeling I didn't have it in me to fight it.

The stockpile room as been cleaned, we lost 2 bags of Whole Wheat Flour and 1 bag of All Purpose Flour, good new is, it is not a year ago when we could not find Flour.

The other room that flooded is going to be the bigger issue, it is storage and is full of boxes and furniture we moved from our old house but does not fit in this house so I have a wall unit in pieces, a computer desk and some old cupboard Mom wanted to reburnish all sitting in puddles of water. We need to go through all boxes see what we can save what needs to go and then we are going to get Got Junk to come in as we need someone who will bring the furniture out of the basement and take it away.

The water has also run to the other side of the room which is boxes upon boxes of Mom's craft supplies, not sure we will be able to save much of this.

The good news is we called Got Junk and they said usually they can get a truck to us the next day so if need me I can move everything to my Stockpile room and then one the furniture is gone I am going to set up shelves we can use to sort everything, if it is staying it can go on the shelves. Eventually the shelves will move to the room that did not flood as that will eventually be our storage area.

I also mentioned to maybe see if Bro was free one day to come and do some of the heavy lifting because with my foot I just cannot do it right now. We will see.
    @coupon girl I was told to use a soup can which I have been plus they gave me a few other exercises to do. I am happy I got through my insane week with little pain but think I am paying for it today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Daughter made an interesting supper (blackbeans,corn ,steamed peppers and roasted fingerlings all put together a bowl -i loved it like a mexican bowl.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rainy day today-no forays to the shops and no spending. Just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Season 1 of Star Trek Picard (watched the other 7 last night). Got my new Oxo Tot tray to make first batch of ice cubes. Seems to be working like the old Rubbermaid ice cube tray-fairly easy to loosen cubes with a few twists of ends then a spoon to slip cubes out into a freezer bag. I don't use the tray lid-while it has two tabs that suggest pulling up, there are two side overhangs that grip the tray. Since I'm not freezing baby food, I don't need the lid (now residing in the catch-all kitchen gear/bowl/utensil drawer). Supper was another pantry stir-fry surprise: herbes de Provence, diced tomatoes still in the fridge, leftover rice, some frozen peas and a few thin slices of cured meat from the freezer. Lid on and everything heated up quickly!

Yesterday, the weather was almost perfect so I went to Toys R Us (two Oxo Tot trays are left on the peg rack after I picked up my tray), saw the new Centennial GO station (underwhelmed how sparse and open it is but there is a pay phone and what I assume is a distant composting type washroom behind where I assume a garbage bin will reside)? Trees on the berm (it and fence hide a view of the recycling warehouse next door) will probably be 3 years away from providing shade. Stopped at Eastgate Square to check if Shoppers had the printer ink (yes and I earned that Friday bonus of 20K points too). Went downtown by Beeline bus to get the Burlington Transit bus. Got off at wrong stop (too early) but it was near a Shoppers where I promptly spent those 20K pts on snacks, newspapers and pop. Picked up my two holds and headed back to Ancaster where I watched so much tractor trailer traffic for 30min on Wilson St E. Must have been an issue on Hwy 403 or the Linc Pkwy? Then my bus came around 3pm so it was really late. Felt too tired to head out again before my last transfer expired, so had lunch, did a few things then decided to get into the Picard series while bro was still at work (he had a couple of early departures this week due to weather or some other work issue).
    While downtown, I looked at the cinema posters and noticed that one animated movie is no longer being shown. Royal Bank has left Jackson Square and is across the way at the second CIBC tower's main floor (21 King St. W right at MacNab Bus Terminal). Now Jackson Square has more of a ghost town look as there is no store in the big space by main entrance and most of hall is empty too.
    I found it tiring how long I had my mask on and was pleased I had brought water along and got some pop too. Plus had just enough tote and bag capacity for my buys (kind of risky that I was taking all these things from Burlington back home by bus). There was enough humidity to wear me down. Considered the day a trial run for next Wed-when I intend to see how long I last in Mississauga.

I did get one chapter read of The Story of Spanish. Hope to finish book by Tuesday so I can return items to the BPL next week.

It seems that Giant Tiger did open today in Ancaster. The location pops up on the website when I elect to let site know my location. I may check it out if tomorrow is a dry and not too hot day.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information