User Tag List

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Another slow start to the morning but less pain so I will take it. I feel like my whole body is just like we need a break but that is not going to happen. I was expecting a phone call on Friday to discuss my upcoming schedule which did not happen so not sure if I will get an email over the weekend or what, I am kind of feeling like monkey in the middle being pulled into multiple directions.

I am slowly trying to get some stuff done around the house but it is slow, I am feeling overwhelmed. There are so many day to day tasks that need to be done and then there is the basement, oh the basement.

I thought about going Grocery Shopping this morning but, that did not happen. It is one of those things I know I need to do it but then I think of all the things I need to do at home and I just do not go.

I am getting excited at the thought of finally having our basement cleaned out, even if it is going to cost us some $$$ to do so but to have that space functional will be nice. I am just worried it is going to be a delayed process but with everything being wet we cannot let it sit.

Alright I need to find some ambition as there is a ton of house stuff to get done and I probably still have about 4 to 6 hours of work last week I did not get done but has to be sent off before we open tomorrow. I did about 3 hours yesterday but did not get through it all. Sadly most of what I needed to do last week is extremely time consuming.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

today is my last day of vacation. i have 2 kids tomorrow, but full crew tuesday ... plan for the week has been made. need to work on the menu plan. it is firmly a use it up week.

it will be nice to have $ flowing . i do not charge for my vacation time.
    i have a few things on the todo list that i still want to create for the kids. .. peg people, play mats, more ribbon rings.
    i am activly lowering the amounts of my pantry... unless we hit another huge lockdown.. we should be ok... pantry wise for a lowering of it

ok.. off to work on my todo list ...

front porch clean up... DC room clean up . then laundry.. and maybe work on my desk... that may wait tilll later in the week. maybe
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to sobeys spend my regular amount got a 10.00 gift card for next time and a scoop of a loaf of bread $2.50 plus saved 3.99 in coupons .

Daughter said she will buy a few more groceries later at the end of the week -all good .We actually are getting along and i am fully rested today .

I just have to drive out to my son's house and put his garbage out as they are away all week on vacation.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Basement is going to have to wait another day, I do not like knowing stuff is sitting down there in water but there is just too much day to day stuff to get done.

Dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded and Kitchen is clean

Laundry is going, originally I had planned to clean the basement well doing laundry but the kitchen needed attention.

Still hoping to get the garbage from yesterday out, but have not gotten to that yet.

It is not helping that I am not feeling my best today, normally I can push through but today I just really do not feel well. I think it is my body's way of saying I need a break.

Tomorrow after work the basement will need to be my focus but Mom is coming around to the idea of asking bro if he can come over one day and just help us move stuff and help haul it out of the basement. Originally Mom wanted to pay got Junk to haul it all out but it will increase the $$$ so now we will haul out the small stuff and they can just take the large furniture pieces we cannot get out of dispose of ourselves.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Might you have a neighbour who can pump out the water from the basement for a sum of cash today? You don't want to risk getting mold or getting sick if something gets in the air and makes it hard to breathe in the house. Could there be a handy cousin (text someone) that could help you out with the water?
    A wet vac won't be of much use unless it is of large capacity or someone can bail out the water through a basement window or laundry sink.

I'm finding the humidity sort of levelling and am keeping to home today. It seems that rain seems to be suggesting an imminent fall then moves away, and returns again...
    Got my second batch of ice cubes bagged and have the tray working on batch 3. My green leaf lettuce will mostly be consumed today as I don't wish to cook (beyond the rice I prepared early this morning).
    Saw a local house on Youtube (virtual tour) after seeing the real estate sign on Friday-some very nice features with California shutters but the kitchen seems oddly dated for a building maybe 10-15 years old. Will print off the listing for fun.

Need to work on a grocery list for produce and pantry items. Tomorrow morning, I have to head out early to beat the heat for errands. Twitter confirmed what I thought about Friday's traffic-there was a multiple vehicle collision at WB Hwy 403 & the Linc.

Have a marvellous afternoon!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 we are actually pretty lucky all of the water had dried up it is just going through things like boxes that soaked up the water but there is no standing water.

The other big things is it is a foundation issue so the dirt from my front garden came in with the rain so more than anything it is cleaning up the dry dirt. It was actually the dirt not water that lead us to see the basement flooded.

Luckily our basement has no carpet so cleaning up the tile is a lot easier. We were talking to our one neighbour and they do have carpet and are trying to save it as they do not want to pull it up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is great news, @SassyAshley! I was worried you had a few inches of standing water during this heat and I was thinking your walls might bloom with stuff only bleach would chase!

Since your posts about the water getting into the basement, I have been thinking how to get some rec room stuff off the floor onto shelving units, except that they don't have room left. My sewing machine either has to stay on the table (I've been putting it on the floor when using the laptop) or to return to my room (no real storage except the floor).

My sibling would be in so much angst if any of his collectible items got water damage downstairs. Yet he never took the purging seriously when he got into his paperwork then stopped shredding.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Jul 18th, 2021 at 03:39 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just did Sobeys and got gas at Mobil for the double points weekend.
    Sobeys deal
    4pk bread - $6.99 - $3 coup on each package
    Bananas + 4AM
    4x milk + 6AM each
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@ Angela273 I was going to do the gas offer but then realized I need to travel Monday to a city where gas is almost 10 cents cheaper so decided the savings were better than the points. Last week I had a bonus offer that gave me 4000 PCO. That was a treat.
    so it rained like mad Saturday all the way to London and since we all have at least one shot and most of us 2 we decide we could be indoors but about a hour later the sun came out and we had a beautiful clear sky. It was awesome to see everyone. I am seeing my mom and sister in law again Monday as we are taking my aunt out to celebrate her birthday. After so long of not seeing people it’s a little crazy how busy we are.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Bay does have some ruffle tops for women when I searched Ruffle and narrowed it by category women.
    Too bad the Mango top (in white and 2 pastel solids) does not come in navy!
    https://www.thebay.com/product/mango...21_color=WHITE

There's a studded version in white by INC, but not in black for size large too:
    https://www.thebay.com/product/i.n.c...lor=DEEP_BLACK

There is an extra 20% off summer clearance (few Mango items are marked for it) at the Bay. Plus a few baby/kids' clothing and shoe deals in the current flyer.

The Bay is carrying a bamboo camisole tank with support (made in Canada) for $34. Black or an ivory-like white only

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday Benderdunk Cummerbund!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! My boys left yesterday for the week to spend it together at the family cottage. They each brought a friend. (oldest brought his Girlfriend lol)
    They will have fun fishing/swimming and golfing etc. And I will enjoy a quiet house and a clean kitchen!!!
    So I will clean the fridge out when I get home from work (since tomorrow is garbage day) and give it a good wipe out.

We wanted to go for a nice walk last night once it was dark out (hoping the heat was less stuffy) but my head was pounding/felt off and I had to go to bed early to try and rest it away. I think it was the pop I drank. I should have known better. I never drink pop and thought I "needed a cold drink" and this is what happens. I feel much better today and won't make that mistake again!

Hitting the beach one day with my friend this week. Will have to see which day works best for us weather wise. Will pack my book since we both like to read on the beach

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and working away, needed to get some stuff knocked out and off the to-do-list for today, it was pretty long. I spent about 4 hours yesterday getting reports to our managers that they needed before we opened today. Some did not need to be out before opening but it all flows off one report so doing it separately would have taken me twice as long.

I am trying to rest my foot a bit today, it isn't bad today but a little bit of frustration is setting in because it is just constant.

Once I am done work today I will need to spend some time sorting in the basement.

Dinner tonight will be Burger and Homemade Fries in the Air Fryer, we took this out for dinner last night but Mom wasn't hungry so I made myself some french toast and we will have burgers tonight

Still need to grocery shop, I feel like the universe is against me, every day I plan to go something comes up and just feels like there is no good time. Honestly feeling like there just is not enough time in the day right now.

Have a great day everyone.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was up at 8.00 a.m and weeding ,i decided to do it by hand around the white rocks and bricks around our deck ,as it always breaks the whipper wire anyway .Almost done i am taking breaks due to the heat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not too hot here yet-but plenty smoky!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information