User Tag List

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lizzie enjoy your visit with your mom and aunt .
    Car is loaded up with 4 bags to take to toronto,(left behind by my daughter as her car was full) plus her work monitor .

My daughter has a top of a house(all renovated nice and new) so 17 stairs to climb,thank goodness i am not age 70-90 .lol

I didnt go anywhere today just did 2 loads of laundry one is dry the other is whipping in the wind.
    My 89 year old Aunt was golfing, playing tennis and lived alone in a 2 story house up till last summer and would still be if dementia didn't force the family to put her in assisted living. I know lots of under 70 year old (heck under 50) that are not capable of stairs.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Getting things done and feeling like I am getting back in the groove.

Mom's Bedding is done, I did mine and the couch blankets yesterday but since we went out I did not get hers done

I sorted through our potatoes, I bought 2 bags last week and 2 bags this week, plus we also had a box that got pushed behind a storage box and we had some potatoes that needed to go

Basement shelving units have been moved so they can rip apart the wall to see the water damage from the flood

Dishwasher Emptied and reloaded

All of my stockpile products have been sorted and put away, most products were still upstairs because the stockpile room has been out of sorts since the flood. Still a few things in there I want to get moved out but we will wait until the work is done in the other room. Our basement is a bit of a mess again as we had to move stuff around for them to come and pull apart the wall.

Tomorrow I have some kitchen stuff to get done, that will be my first priority. Then there is more cleaning to get done but it is some of the smaller stuff that if I do not get it done tomorrow I can get it done during the week.

The plan is to get everything back on track this week and get back to my old routine and add in one project each week. I am confident with my plan that I can realistically achieve it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH had the 20x offer for 50.00. Mine was spending 90.00 yah no. There was enough on sale that I needed so used his card and with the bonus and his personal offers earned 23000 PCO on a 70.00 transaction. Dinner was the end of the massive beef tenderloin that we buy for Christmas dinner. I cleaned the upstairs freezer this week so decided to throw it on the bbq. So good. Future plan is to do the large upright basement in the freezer but 1st we need to finish the ice cream cake.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!
    I wanted to order per e-mail compagnies coupons but that did not happen...I did something else.Hey life is not just about couponning hahaha....Today is remembrance -prevention day for suicide ....thinking of my beloved brother and I am sad....

But I changed my mind by chatting with my childhood long time friend,.That was great!!! Before that I cleaned and reorganized the kitchen,nothing on the floor except my organization container for snacks,chips cereal bars and so on.

I made one trade ..I am waiting her picture before mailing...in french fb couponning group.
    Eve eat the food ( friskies) of stella,....stella dont like that so I put her food and water in another place for the moment.Stella is hidded in window for the wind or explore the appartment that is cute
    For the moment they share the same litter but will see how it go.

Tomorrow I have a few errands to do,maybe more cleaning order coupons and retalk to my friend on fb.

Alright have a good night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning everyone!!!! Rainy ,cold windy day i QC at least at my place..We lost the power for 20 minutes this morning
    No earlier birds this morming,you are all sleeping lol

I have a few errands to do this morning and cleaning to do ....
    And after I am off for voting..with anticipation lol...hope the files are not too long

Eve the cat eat the food of stella so I putted the bowl at another placeé.Stella I was sure she would bit me when i cuddle her but not at all she licked my hand hahaha and I think I will put another scelled liter for Stella she put litter al over the place lol!!!mad girl lol

She is so freaking cute!!!
    Have a good day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Sep 12th, 2021 at 12:01 PM.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Wide awake at 4 am but laid in bed for awhile not wanting to get up yet. It is weird I have no issues getting up at 5 am but seeing two 4s in a day is hard and even if I wake up on my own it makes for a long day.

I have taken a Pork Loin out of the Freezer that I will pop into the slow cooker. I am going to make Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sesame Pork Roast, I will serve it will Rice and Broccoli.

I will make extra Rice so later in the week I can make stuffed peppers for dinner one night.

I need to spend some time in the kitchen today and get ready for the week to come. So far my schedule is pretty normal but I know that can flip at any moment so I want to be prepared.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Dropped DS off at work and wanted to go to the trail for a walk but it started raining as soon as he got out of the car. So I went to Walmart to walk around and get some steps in.
    Found all beef jumbo wieners for $1 clearance. Grabbed 4 and then went to No Frills for $1 hot dog buns that rang in at $2.27 so I mentioned SCOP and spent $0 . Put 1 package in the fridge that will be gone with the buns by tomorrow and the other 3 in freezer for future wiener and beans

Off to get some housework done. Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

good day!!! Trash and recycle are out in the bins,2 loads of laundry are done .errands are done,vothing is done...so remains the cleaning ..so far a productive morning like i love these!!!
    Putted out the toys of Stella now she can plays,organize it a cushion to lay off in the living room if she like it I will buy a new one.
    no more cloundy so should be a beautiful day now 22 degres
    Enjoy the day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Sep 12th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: What are yours kitchens appliances gadgets that you can live without those? And in what is your dream appliances you would like to have.
    And question: How much is a slow cooker(mijoteuse) best brand I wonder if I should purchase one despite the lack of space in the kitchen thanks for the advices and suggestions

I wanted a Ricardo one at linen chest but my aunt say in the review test it is not a good one...
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA(QC) :Brag
    7 x Oikos drinkable yogurt @1,25$ each minus 7x1,00$ coupon=0,25$ each plus taxes
    4x Danino to go drinkable yogurt @1,00$ minus 4 x 1,00$ coupon= free just the taxes
    2x activia smooties at 1,25$ minus 2x 1,00$ coupon =0,25$ plus taxes
    the coupon are printable and posted in the coupon section

oop: 3,45$ approximatly

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

fav kitchen gadget . .. immersion blender...

ok.. spent the am cleaning.. then went and voted! so that is done. went to the new dollerstore... not to self... most stuff is not a dollar in there... ugh
    laundry going, chicken out for supper. i posted 1 free item, and 1 for sale item.

ok.. plan and goal for the afternoon... half of my bedroom. that is my current purdge area.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie(QC) : I used a lots of coupons and did a pm and paid with points so after the 30 $ points oop was : 4,66$!!! And they did not replenish the friskies cat dry food grrr
    Used 14$ in coupons
    I did 2 transactions for the nescafe coffee and the quaker cereal bars
    nescafe @3,98$ minus 2,00$ coupon=1,98$
    nescafe @3,98$ minus 2,00$ coupon=1,98$
    quaker cereal bars @1,88$ minus 1,00$ coupon -=0,88$
    quaker cereal bars @1,88$ minus 1,00$ coupon=0,88$
    buggles at 2,00$ x 5 bags=10,00$ (just a great price and dad love these)
    motts garden cocktail small bottles vegetable juice x7 @0,98$ minus 1400 pc points(200 points per dollars spend)
    and the rinse and repeat deal on olymel small pack of meat charcuterie(i bouhgt 2 turkey 2 ham pm super c @3,97$x4 minus 4 x2,00$ =1,97$ per pack

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kitchen Gadgets are my weakness, 100% but we have accumulated them over year upon years:

Air Fryer is number one - I LOVE mine so much I have upgraded to the double Air Fryer

Slow Cooker - I have more than one, we have an older one and then a couple years ago we upgraded to a newer digital one. We use these a lot when we are meal prepping and freezer cooking

Instant Pot is another favourite - this one I am still getting comfortable with, the not being able to take off the lid and checking your food is weird to me. I am on a mission to perfect Instant Pot Yogurt.

Last but in no means my least favourite is my Bread Machine, I love how easy it is, dump everything in let it go, the machine does all the work. I will say I never cook my bread in the bread machine as I dislike the shape of the loaf so I just use the dough feature. Nothing better than Homemade Bread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wasn't going to make dinner and just make everyone fend for themselves but decided I felt like something good so started digging in the freezer and fridge and dinner came together. Meatballs, perogies, sweet potatoe fries, green beans and salad. Finished 1/2 opened bags in the freezer for the meatballs and perogies. Loved the sweet potato fries in the air fryer and oldest DS likes them too so will go buy a bunch to keep us stocked up for the winter. Makes a great side for something different. The fancy garlic dipping sauce is way too garlicky. Taste like eating crushed up cloves. Will use it up and add it to the crock pot etc.

Put a load of laundry on this afternoon and DS had brought it upstairs for me to hang to dry. Just towels left to wash but not high on the list as we have lots clean.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Loved the sweet potato fries in the air fryer and oldest DS likes them too so will go buy a bunch to keep us stocked up for the winter. Makes a great side for something different.
    What kind of sweet potato do you use/prefer?
    White?
    Orange?
    Purple?

Co-op is having a sale on purple yam for $1/lb and I thought about using them to make french fries or chips. Has anyone tried to use yams in this manner?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information